PDA

View Full Version : Cowher still actively weighing coaching options

Philagape
01-05-2010, 10:58 AM
Jason La Canfora blog:
http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/01/05/cowher-still-actively-weighing-coaching-options/

It mentions the infamous Buffalo report, but I found this the most interesting:

Regardless, recent reports that Cowher had cooled his interest in coaching in 2010 are untrue, as he has been actively working on assembling a staff, weighing all options and receiving calls from teams.

justasportsfan
01-05-2010, 11:00 AM
don't know what to believe anymore.

DBrown77
01-05-2010, 11:01 AM
SoLa Canfora and Schefter have conflicting reports. No one will know until something actually happens. Rumors are fun, but can be frusterating

billsburgh
01-05-2010, 11:02 AM
all these people are fountains of misinformation.

trapezeus
01-05-2010, 11:03 AM
yeah...i think i'm the weak link to this whole thing. once i stop checking religiously, as i haven't most of the morning, they'll announce something.

Wolffman
01-05-2010, 11:03 AM
If this report is correct, Cowher will be our next coach. There is nowhere else for him to go.

El Guapo
01-05-2010, 11:04 AM
I just want something concrete!

yordad
01-05-2010, 11:05 AM
Yeah my source says Cowher is "undecided" as of now. And this is the source that has never been wrong. Book it.

El Guapo
01-05-2010, 11:05 AM
And by that, I mean something concrete about Cowher being our next coach.

DMBcrew36
01-05-2010, 11:06 AM
If this report is correct, Cowher will be our next coach. There is nowhere else for him to go.

Or he just doesn't coach in 2010.

Mahdi
I'm telling you guys, dont stress yourselves out and just wait for some real news as opposed to jumping at all the speculation.

We all want Cowher but he has to want to be here too and all this speculation floating around is just ppl wanting to be right or the first to report something that if ends up being true can say" I told you so" and if not no one cares.

ddaryl
These contradiciting reports for some reaosn are giving me more confindence in the Chin to Buffalo possibilities

We've seen this before....contradicting reports. A % of Bills fans sayng no way, the other half saying yay... both siting reports to back their cases... this goes on for a few days and then all of sudden it happens

See T.O. ... see Bledsoe.... See Takeo Spikes for references

This is all very familiar to me.. we've walked this walk before

DMBcrew36
01-05-2010, 11:09 AM
I'm telling you guys, dont stress yourselves out and just wait for some real news as opposed to jumping at all the speculation.

We all want Cowher but he has to want to be here too and all this speculation floating around is just ppl wanting to be right or the first to report something that if ends up being true can say" I told you so" and if not no one cares.

For some people all the rumors are fun.

Others of us think that it's just a bunch of losers like Schefter, LaConfora and Clayton earning their pay by making up crap and wanking off to football rumors. I'd say 'get a real job' to them, but people devour everything they have to say - which makes them popular guys.

Wake me up when some REAL news arises.

Mahdi
01-05-2010, 11:12 AM
For some people all the rumors are fun.

Others of us think that it's just a bunch of losers like Schefter, LaConfora and Clayton earning their pay by making up crap and wanking off to football rumors. I'd say 'get a real job' to them, but people devour everything they have to say - which makes them popular guys.

Wake me up when some REAL news arises.
True, the speculation is definitely intriguing, its just that this situation can easily go from Cowher to Lezlie Frazier in a second.

Imagine if after all this speculation over some big coach like Cowher or Schotty coming here only to end up with a so-so coordinator.

JJamezz
01-05-2010, 11:14 AM

Impossible! I feel like a meth addict on a 4 day no sleep binge.. Make it stop!

madness
01-05-2010, 11:15 AM
SoLa Canfora and Schefter have conflicting reports. No one will know until something actually happens. Rumors are fun, but can be frusterating

NFL Network/ESPN power struggle!

patmoran2006
01-05-2010, 11:15 AM
I truly think it comes down to this

However, Cowher to the Bills should not be ruled out if Ralph Wilson makes an offer in the upper-echelon of coaching contracts.

Philagape
01-05-2010, 11:16 AM
Well considering how much weight Ralph puts into how much he "knows" a guy, is it more likely he'll go for a big name like Cowher or a coordinator?

Who wants to bet that Ralph would say "Who the hell is Leslie Frazier?"

DMBcrew36
01-05-2010, 11:16 AM
True, the speculation is definitely intriguing, its just that this situation can easily go from Cowher to Lezlie Frazier in a second.

Imagine if after all this speculation over some big coach like Cowher or Schotty coming here only to end up with a so-so coordinator.

Well, people are certainly setting themselves up for disappointment for eating up all the Cowher speculation.

Night Train
01-05-2010, 11:19 AM
all these people are fountains of misinformation.

They're protecting their job$ at any cost.

PromoTheRobot
01-05-2010, 11:20 AM
I think Cowher wants to coach and feels like he can't stay out of the NFL too long if he wants to keep his edge. The problem is the Bills job is all there is. So he's stringing Buffalo along while praying someplace better opens up. Buffalo is the last place he wants to coach...but he DOES wants to coach! Meanwhile the Bills can't afford to sit around and be Cowher's date insurance for the prom.

PTR

don137
01-05-2010, 11:21 AM
The only thing us Bills fans know for sure is Cowher has not publically come out ans said he will not become the head coach of the Bills. Until that happens I hold out a glimmer of hope. I am also trying to not get too excited about it only to be let down.

patmoran2006
01-05-2010, 11:22 AM
I think Cowher wants to coach and feels like he can't stay out of the NFL too long if he wants to keep his edge. The problem is the Bills job is all there is. So he's stringing Buffalo along while praying someplace better opens up. Buffalo is the last place he wants to coach...but he DOES wants to coach! Meanwhile the Bills can't afford to sit around and be Cowher's date insurance for the prom.

PTR

Do you personally agree with this NFL.com quote?

However, Cowher to the Bills should not be ruled out if Ralph Wilson makes an offer in the upper-echelon of coaching contracts.

ddaryl
01-05-2010, 11:24 AM
Well, people are certainly setting themselves up for disappointment for eating up all the Cowher speculation.

and that would differ from the last 10 years how ???

PromoTheRobot
01-05-2010, 11:26 AM
Do you personally agree with this NFL.com quote?
I believe the Bills have made that kind of offer already. I have heard from people who say that is so. If you have proof otherwise, other than your avatar, then please show it. I think what I posted earlier is the case...Cowher is holding out for better opening but won't rule the Bills out if that's all there is.

PTR

TheBrownBear
01-05-2010, 11:29 AM
This Cowher is one hell of a poker player.