PDA

View Full Version : I have a hunch for the draft

Beastie Bills
01-05-2010, 11:10 AM
L'rondo McClain is gonna be our pick. I just have a feeling about it.

He's the BPA at a position of need. I have a feeling we'll be going 3-4 and he and Poz will man the inside.

Jaybird
01-05-2010, 11:12 AM
would love that pick. However, if we switch to a 3-4 we will have holes to fill up front

DesertFox24
01-05-2010, 11:18 AM
Dont sleep on Sergio Kindel.

He and Maybin on the outside of a 3-4 defense could be, COULD BE, as dominate as Talley and Bennett.

I also think Poz and Mitchell could play the inside.

With Kyle Williams being one of the DE, and Stroud, McCargo, Johnson being the other DE. We would have to get a free agent NT and draft one as well.

Beastie Bills
01-05-2010, 11:18 AM
I agree. But pretty much just NT. Which, we won't be able to get Suh. And I don't think any other DT's are graded this high, and cut out for the 3-4. I think its a situation where you just need to wait for you guy.

I mean didn't Cowher get by with Von Elenhoffen for a while? That guy was hardly a pro bowler. Its about scheme and confusion in Cowher's 3-4. Zone blitzing.

Mahdi
01-05-2010, 11:20 AM
L'rondo McClain is gonna be our pick. I just have a feeling about it.

He's the BPA at a position of need. I have a feeling we'll be going 3-4 and he and Poz will man the inside.
At this point the BPA at 10 is very unclear. The guy who is #32 on boards right now could shoot up to #5 by the time the draft hits.

Combine, Interviews, workouts, senior bowl, more bowl games left. There are a ton of factors.

DesertFox24
01-05-2010, 11:20 AM
I agree. But pretty much just NT. Which, we won't be able to get Suh. And I don't think any other DT's are graded this high, and cut out for the 3-4. I think its a situation where you just need to wait for you guy.

I mean didn't Cowher get by with Von Elenhoffen for a while? That guy was hardly a pro bowler. Its about scheme and confusion in Cowher's 3-4. Zone blitzing.
Cody is a 34 NT all the way, and we could probably trade back into the bottom of the first and get him.

But this would hurt our chances of getting an OT and a QB.

billsburgh
01-05-2010, 11:51 AM
Casey Hampton from the steelers is a free agent this year. Who knows how hard the steelers will try to resign him.

Jaybird
01-05-2010, 11:53 AM
Casey Hampton from the steelers is a free agent this year. Who knows how hard the steelers will try to resign him.

Don't think they will, he is getting older and they invested a first roudn pick into ziggy hood

PECKERWOOD
01-05-2010, 12:29 PM
Ryan Pickett is an option too.