PDA

View Full Version : Did Washington name Shanahan Head Coach yet?

Forward_Lateral
01-05-2010, 11:25 AM
I haven't seen any reports making it official. If not, what are they waiting for? Maybe Shanahan to Washington isn't as inevitable as we think?

Pinkerton Security
01-05-2010, 11:25 AM
talking about a contract, last I've heard at least.

Forward_Lateral
01-05-2010, 11:26 AM
I hope contract talks fall through. It would look good on Snyder.

realdealryan
01-05-2010, 11:27 AM
I haven't seen any reports making it official. If not, what are they waiting for?

They are clearing out Joe Bugel's office to make room for Shanahan's tanning beds.

ddaryl
01-05-2010, 11:27 AM
last I read was Snyder sent his plane for Shanahan today or yesterday....

So although we've known about Shanahan to the Skins for awhile it is just now actually starting to happen. SO not hearing something about Cowher hasn't concerned me as much... These things take some time

psubills62
01-05-2010, 11:29 AM
I read that Shanahan might string them along for a week or so to see what happens with Dallas and Wade Phillips. Man, if Shanahan spurned Snyder to be HC at Dallas (if Phillips is fired, which I doubt he will be), that would be hilarious, imo.

Philagape
01-05-2010, 11:38 AM
Have they interviewed a black guy yet? That may be why

DraftBoy
01-05-2010, 11:41 AM

They interviewed Jerry Gray I thought?

mikemac2001
01-05-2010, 11:41 AM

Yes good old jerry gray

MidnightVoice
01-05-2010, 11:44 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4795477

The last remaining obstacle to Mike Shanahan becoming head coach of the Washington Redskins is a contract, sources close to the situation tell ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Talks between the two sides went well enough Monday night that Shanahan summoned his agent, Sandy Montag, to Washington on Tuesday morning to negotiate a deal with the Redskins, the sources said. Montag is in town and is scheduled to meet with Redskins executive vice president and general manager Bruce Allen in the afternoon.

Shanahan and his wife, Peggy, landed at Dulles International Airport near Redskins Park in mid-afternoon Monday and were whisked away to meet with owner Dan Snyder and Allen.

Philagape
01-05-2010, 11:45 AM
They interviewed Jerry Gray I thought?

Ah yes.

psubills62
01-05-2010, 11:46 AM

I'd love to be a fly on the wall during some of these Rooney Rule interviews. Especially the ones where everyone knows he isn't going to get the job.

Philagape
01-05-2010, 11:48 AM
I'd love to be a fly on the wall during some of these Rooney Rule interviews. Especially the ones where everyone knows he isn't going to get the job.

If it were me, I'd be so insulted knowing the only reason I'm there is the color of my skin. It's demeaning and patronizing and a waste of both parties' time.

ddaryl
01-05-2010, 11:50 AM
If it were me, I'd be so insulted knowing the only reason I'm there is the color of my skin. It's demeaning and patronizing and a waste of both parties' time.

the rooney rule = affirmative action

neither really worked the way it was supposed too

DraftBoy
01-05-2010, 11:59 AM
the rooney rule = affirmative action

neither really worked the way it was supposed too

And interestingly enough there has been a huge jump in African American coaches hired in DI this year without any Rooney Rule.

UVA
Louisville
Kentucky
Kansas
WKU

ddaryl
01-05-2010, 12:01 PM
And interestingly enough there has been a huge jump in African American coaches hired in DI this year without any Rooney Rule.

UVA
Louisville
Kentucky
Kansas
WKU

and those coaches were interviewed and hired for all the right reasons

the rooney rule just hasn't had the same affect....

but as some of these African America College coaches gain success I suspect it will translate over to the NFL eventually