PDA

View Full Version : Cowher’s interest still up for debate

Bone
01-05-2010, 12:43 PM
NFL.com’s Jason LaCanfora believes Cowher is still seriously considering coaching options, but those options appear to be few and far between, which should benefit Buffalo. Without competition from the likes of Tampa, Chicago, Houston and at this point Carolina, Cowher doesn’t have another team to leverage against Buffalo.

LaCanfora is reporting that Cowher is reaching out to potential assistants for his staff should he land a coaching gig.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/01/05/cowhers-interest-still-up-for-debate/

mikemac2001
01-05-2010, 12:50 PM
This is a he said she said........just trying to get our hopes up

ddaryl
01-05-2010, 12:57 PM
posted

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=185313

WagonCircler
01-05-2010, 01:11 PM
To me, the fact that Chris Brown posted this is the strongest case yet for optimism.

Given the frenzied media speculation over the past week, if Cowher had indeed, as Adam Shefter contends, decided not to coach this year, it would absolutely be in the Bills' best interest to downplay whatever involvement it had with Cowher.

A week ago, before Sal broke the story about the Bills and Cowher meeting, I think most fans would have welcomed a Billick or Schottenheimer hire.

But once the possibility of Cowher started to look real, the bar was raised to the point that hiring anyone else would be seen as a major disappointment.

The smart move, spin-wise, would be for the Bills to squash the Cowher story, contending that he was never really serious about coming to Buffalo.

The way to do that would be through Chris Brown.

Obviously, Chris Brown has been given no such marching orders.

I realize I'm actively seeking reasons to be optimistic, but to me, the fact that the semi-official company line (Chris Brown) is leaving the door open can only be seen as good news.

If nothing else, it bolsters the Bills' contention that it will do whatever it takes to land a top-tier HC.

It sure seems like they're battling.