PDA

View Full Version : Owens lays out Bills needs:

Syderick
01-05-2010, 12:54 PM
Terrell Owens talks about the Bills needs this offseason:

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/Owens-lays-out-Bills-needs/fe2752f9-32f8-4344-9018-4952be5b243a

Cleve
01-05-2010, 01:05 PM
Well, let me be in the minority and say that, although it's highly unlikely he comes back, I hope he does come back. It's not his fault he was stuck working with one of, if not the worst, offensive line in the league, and "Captain Checkdown".

Ingtar33
01-05-2010, 01:08 PM
Well, let me be in the minority and say that, although it's highly unlikely he comes back, I hope he does come back. It's not his fault he was stuck working with one of, if not the worst, offensive line in the league, and "Captain Checkdown".

It is his fault he dogged it on 50% of the plays, dropped countless passes and otherwise didn't care this year.

Italian Stallion
01-05-2010, 01:15 PM
How is he in positon to talk publicly about the team needs? Last time I checked he didn't work in the front office...nor has he won a Super Bowl.

Can't wait till he hits the road for good.

Italian Stallion
01-05-2010, 01:17 PM
Next he'll prob be feeding this line to Chris Brown "Well Mr Brandon, Mr. Nix and I had a great interview with Bill Cohwer today for the head coach job...we all have to come to a consesus and see what the best fit is for me...err the team"

Screw him. His show is a joke, both on and off the field.

DynaPaul
01-05-2010, 06:01 PM
He's absolutely right.

Joe Fo Sho
01-05-2010, 06:02 PM
Franchise him!

Luisito23
01-05-2010, 06:03 PM
I hope TO comes back.

justasportsfan
01-05-2010, 07:21 PM
whether he has the right to talk about what we need is not the problem. He speaks the truth.

YardRat
01-05-2010, 07:29 PM
Very tactful comments.

You have to admit, at least he didn't really stir the pot at all this past season.

ChristopherWalken
01-05-2010, 07:31 PM
TO has seriously grown up. He gave some honest responses without throwing people under the bus. Admirable.

TigerJ
01-05-2010, 09:17 PM
How is he in positon to talk publicly about the team needs? Last time I checked he didn't work in the front office...nor has he won a Super Bowl.

Can't wait till he hits the road for good.

Fans have opinions. Players have opinions. It's up to the media and guys like Chris Brown if they want to pass on those opinions. Ingtar is right, Owens is a talented player whose play happens to match his mood. If he's highly motivated, he's nearly unstoppable. If he's down on what's happening with the team, he drops balls, he fails to try and break up interceptions. He blocks poorly.

The bottom line is if Buddy Nix thinks he can fix a bunch of things this offseason and make the Bills a lot more competitive, then it might be to the Bills' advantage to re-sign Owens. If this is going to be a lengthy rebuilding process, Buffalo and TO will probably both be happier if they go their separate ways.

clumping platelets
01-05-2010, 10:38 PM
Nothing he said was wrong............he's 100% right

I have his jersey....he needs to come back for one more year

The last buffalo fan
01-06-2010, 09:08 AM
I have his jersey....he needs to come back for one more year

:lolpoint: Clump

trapezeus
01-06-2010, 09:53 AM
did he say anything about getting a receiver who doesn't drop passes added to the mix?

Cleve
01-08-2010, 08:16 PM
did he say anything about getting a receiver who doesn't drop passes added to the mix?

Things got better for T.O. under Fewell, but in the first half of the season T.O. was lucky to get one or two passes thrown his way in a game. Or he'd get one pass, drop it, and he was done for the game.

When a team has a receiver with the third-highest yardage in the NFL on the roster, and he doesn't get yardage, I'm apt to look elsewhere for the blame rather than nitpicking a few dropped balls by T.O.

A smart coach, and a good offensive line, keeps giving a guy with his proven ability the opportunity to make a play happen.

Besides, if T.O. totally didn't care about the Bills, he'd run his mouth a heckuva lot more - I thought he did, mostly a pretty good job being a team player, especially given his reputation, AND the putrid team he was playing on.

Griff
01-09-2010, 02:55 AM
TO has seriously grown up. He gave some honest responses without throwing people under the bus. Admirable.

you didn't read it, did you.

Griff
01-09-2010, 02:56 AM

Call Trent whatever you want, he's still the best QB on our team.