PDA

View Full Version : First truly reliable source to pick up Cowher rumor

BillsWin
01-05-2010, 01:13 PM
http://views.washingtonpost.com/theleague/nflnewsfeed/2010/01/report-cowher-bills-to-meet-again.html#more

As far as I know, the washington post is the first major news source to pick up the rumor originally posted by East Aurora.

Now, I know Sal was the first to re post it on a message board, but I believe the only other sources to repost this were PFT (who practically wrote the rumor off), and buffalo rumblings who pretty much did the same.

The Washington Post is the first MAJOR news source to release this and hold it as a rumor with validity.

Does it give the rumor wings?

WagonCircler
01-05-2010, 01:18 PM
I'd like to think so, but the Post writer makes no indication that he attempted to confirm the veracity of the source (the way Pat Moran is).

All he's doing is reporting what the speculation is.

I would hope that a major news organization wouldn't just repeat gossip, but my faith in the mainstream media is at an all time low.

seanbillsfan
01-05-2010, 01:19 PM
i hope so because i just pooped in my pants

PromoTheRobot
01-05-2010, 01:22 PM
That story is nothing but echo.

PTR

BillsWin
01-05-2010, 01:23 PM
I'd like to think so, but the Post writer makes no indication that he attempted to confirm the veracity of the source (the way Pat Moran is).

All he's doing is reporting what the speculation is.

I would hope that a major news organization wouldn't just repeat gossip, but my faith in the mainstream media is at an all time low.

I agree with this. Last night I tried to find out just who Joe Logan is. He has no background in sports but a BA from RIT and he works in computer programming. He is in some sort of government role. Doesn't seem like the guy to have contacts, but he doesn't seem like the kind of guy to post this stuff as a lie or joke.

Someone at boards.buffalobills.com also said he knows Joe and the man knows people in the front office.

Who knows? I just like how a major news source posted it without tearing it down.

ddaryl
01-05-2010, 01:26 PM

well I don't think I have to tell you were your thoughts process might have gone awry

WagonCircler
01-05-2010, 01:27 PM
Que?

bigbub2352
01-05-2010, 01:27 PM
i just want somethign to happen ...... i cant take much more fo these rumors i feel like im in High School with the media

Pinkerton Security
01-05-2010, 01:30 PM
the source for this report is the same... stupid East Aurora whatever the f***...

mikemac2001
01-05-2010, 01:35 PM
i just want somethign to happen ...... i cant take much more fo these rumors i feel like im in High School with the media

i want to punch old ladies right now so anxious