PDA

View Full Version : Potential Bad Rumor For Overly Testy Bills Fans

patmoran2006
01-05-2010, 05:14 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/05/browns-could-be-targeting-john-fox/

If true. .and Fox goes to Cleveland, you can pencil in Cowher in Carolina now.

WeAreArthurMoates
01-05-2010, 05:16 PM
Ya sucks. The worst thing is I've never thought that cowher would come here. Now I'm praying he is, frankly I just want this to be over so we can move on.

Dr. Pepper
doubt theres truth to that, but if so thats a huge blow... id take cowher or fox in a heartbeat.

Slim
Seems unlikely but, i do think either Tampa or Carolina will become available.

Nighthawk
01-05-2010, 05:17 PM
Ehh...that doesn't really look substantial and I read somewhere that if Holmgren chooses to fire Mangenious, then he would target Philly OC Marty Morningweg...they have a strong relationship. That makes much more sense then Fox...who'd they would have to compensate the Panthers for.

Demon
Won't happen. Fox likes some sort of power. He would have none in Cleveland.

Philagape
This isn't news, it's speculation. It even used that word.

we are
01-05-2010, 05:18 PM
So Fox is going to go from a team with Jon Beason, Julius Peppers, Steve Smith, Deangelo Williams, Jonathan Stewart, etc.....

to a team with:

Josh Cribbs?

Demon
01-05-2010, 05:21 PM
So Fox is going to go from a team with Jon Beason, Julius Peppers, Steve Smith, Deangelo Williams, Jonathan Stewart, etc.....

to a team with:

Josh Cribbs?

Exactly.

A team with no talent and no power.

Fox is in a great spot right now. Stay in Carolina for a year, and if he does great, either Carolina will throw the bank at him or NYG will (if they miss playoffs and fire Coughlin)....

yordad
01-05-2010, 05:22 PM
Why is "legit" in the title?

Dr. Pepper
01-05-2010, 05:24 PM

or "news"

Luisito23
01-05-2010, 05:24 PM

Look who started the thread.

Aliceinchainsbills15
01-05-2010, 05:25 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/05/browns-could-be-targeting-john-fox/

If true. .and Fox goes to Cleveland, you can pencil in Cowher in Carolina now.
I saw on NFL.com that Mangini will have a shot at retaining his job with the Browns, per Mike Holmgren. I still have hopes we can get Cowher.

Here is the link:
http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/01/05/holmgren-mangini-has-chance-to-stay-with-browns/

YardRat
01-05-2010, 05:25 PM
I've had Cowher penciled in for Carolina for quite a while now anyway.

I'll say it again...It isn't a coincidence that the Bills talk heated up right after Fox got a 'vote of confidence'.

Demon
01-05-2010, 05:29 PM
I've had Cowher penciled in for Carolina for quite a while now anyway.

I'll say it again...It isn't a coincidence that the Bills talk heated up right after Fox got a 'vote of confidence'.

Same here. Cowher not coaching just makes no sense. I just think he's trying to put some heat on Carolina and decide to fire Fox. Or, keep us interested for a while, and hope Fox can find a job else where and get them off the hook.

Either way, i know i said this often yesterday when this board was in a Billick frenzy, but we are holding onto way too much hope for a guy who is looking at us as a last resort. Obviously, i'm speculating, maybe he really wants to be here, but i don't see it. We need to find a guy who actually wants to come here. Someone who will come with big dreams, major league desire and lots and lots of hope. Somebody who will stay up late at night thinking of ways to defeat Bill Belichick.

mikemac2001
01-05-2010, 05:36 PM
i honestly think mangini earned it they played hard for him at the end...needs more then one year

Mike in Syracuse
01-05-2010, 05:46 PM
This thread title should be changed to:

"Speculation on possible bad news that might or not be true or might just be someone making some **** up so they have a bunch of stuff to fill a column."

Mr. Pink
01-05-2010, 06:12 PM
Holmgren is supposed to meet with Mangini tomorrow.

This story might have legs if he axes Mangini.

I really think the only reason Fox stays in Carolina is so they don't have to buy him out, if he goes to another team, they don't have that monetary concern.

patmoran2006
01-05-2010, 06:13 PM
Look who started the thread.

That's hurtful

Bill Cody
01-05-2010, 06:16 PM
This is a longer shot happening than Cowher coming here IMO

SquishDaFish
01-05-2010, 06:16 PM
Dude you didnt have to change the thread title. Stop listening to the little peons

Slim
01-05-2010, 06:17 PM
This thread title should be changed to:

"Speculation on possible bad news that might or not be true or might just be someone making some **** up so they have a bunch of stuff to fill a column."

I don't think Mike Florio is having any problems filling columns up.

Nighthawk
01-05-2010, 06:18 PM
Holmgren is supposed to meet with Mangini tomorrow.

This story might have legs if he axes Mangini.

I really think the only reason Fox stays in Carolina is so they don't have to buy him out, if he goes to another team, they don't have that monetary concern.

They're about to interview GM candidates too, so I don't know about this rumor. Wouldn't the GM have a pretty big say in who the next HC would be?

patmoran2006
01-05-2010, 06:20 PM
Just my opinion, but I think Mangini's getting the boot.

But someone else made a good point. WIth Holmgren already prez and a potential GM as well, Cowher wouldnt have any power.

Mr. Pink
01-05-2010, 06:45 PM
They're about to interview GM candidates too, so I don't know about this rumor. Wouldn't the GM have a pretty big say in who the next HC would be?

Holmgren is the football czar...so I assume he has say in who gets hired.

Not that he has the final say but I assume he'd have some and pick guys he's familiar with in some fashion and that will run things the way he wants.

BertSquirtgum
01-05-2010, 08:57 PM
i'm so sick of all this rumor bull****. none of you guys know ****, including you pat. i like your stories but threads like this everyday is ridiculous. i think i'm going to stay off this site until a coach is signed. sifting through this **** is similar to getting a hole drilled in my head.

Slim
01-05-2010, 09:01 PM
i'm so sick of all this rumor bull****. none of you guys know ****, including you pat. i like your stories but threads like this everyday is ridiculous. i think i'm going to stay off this site until a coach is signed. sifting through this **** is similar to getting a hole drilled in my head.

.. This is a profootballtalk.com link.

casdhf
01-05-2010, 09:04 PM
you guys all need to ease up a bit on Junior.

Typ0
01-05-2010, 09:06 PM
The problem is someone says some speculation crap under the guise of "reporting" and then someone responds with "show me a link". Well what the hell good is a link? Any idiot can put something on the internet and the whole internet game is about content changes and traffic. The only people that aren't getting what they want out of all this drivel is the actual consumers who are getting a snow job by these blog media outlets.

BuffaloBlitz83
01-05-2010, 10:21 PM
This thread is so stupid. I potential woke up next to Angelina Jolie too

BuffaloBlitz83
01-05-2010, 10:38 PM

:rofl:

You won't tho