PDA

View Full Version : Bills HC Search

Nighthawk
01-05-2010, 07:47 PM
Why have none of the coaches who they were reportedly interested in interviewing during the bye week been brought in yet? You would think that there would be some coaching candidates stopping by One Bills Drive for an interview? I just find it interesting that nobody has been reported to been interviewed or contacted except Perry Fewell.

patmoran2006
01-05-2010, 07:51 PM
The only candidate I know of who has a bye week is Leslie Frazier

Nighthawk
01-05-2010, 07:52 PM

What about Rivera? I thought he was a potential candidate? If this thing drags out to next week...you can mark it down that the Bills are going cheap and hiring a coordinator. That would piss me off...

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-05-2010, 07:52 PM
That because we are getting Cowher and he wants it to be low key. Why you think Weis pulled out of the HC job? He knows the Bills already getting Cowher?

Demon
01-05-2010, 07:53 PM

Ron Rivera.

Nighthawk
01-05-2010, 07:54 PM
That because we are getting Cowher and he wants it to be low key. Why you think Weis pulled out of the HC job? He knows the Bills already getting Cowher?

I would love to believe you are right, but I highly doubt it.

T-Long
01-05-2010, 07:56 PM
who knows they might have been in...we just didnt hear it yet. Can't believe we didn't with everybody and their brother keeping tabs

Dr. Lecter
01-05-2010, 07:59 PM
I don't think we know if anybody else has been interviewed and it is only Tuesday.

Nighthawk
01-05-2010, 08:03 PM
I don't think we know if anybody else has been interviewed and it is only Tuesday.

I don't care about them not interviewing candidate's yet, but why no confirmation on upcoming interviews? It just seems odd...as much stuff as we've been hearing, it really has been "quite".

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-05-2010, 08:05 PM
I don't care about them not interviewing candidate's yet, but why no confirmation on upcoming interviews? It just seems odd...as much stuff as we've been hearing, it really has been "quite".

True and Buddy wants to get a new coach ASAP

Nighthawk
01-05-2010, 08:06 PM
True and Buddy wants to get a new coach ASAP

Exactly...this is either a good thing or a bad sign we are going to be stuck with another cheap, first year HC.

Philagape
01-05-2010, 08:14 PM
I'm guessing they did Fewell first to get the Rooney Rule out of the way. Plus, he's there.

Nighthawk
01-05-2010, 08:18 PM
I'm guessing they did Fewell first to get the Rooney Rule out of the way. Plus, he's there.

Exactly...just wondering why there are no other interviews laid out yet?

patmoran2006
01-05-2010, 08:22 PM
You guys are right about Rivera. Sorry about that.

Nighthawk
01-05-2010, 08:24 PM
You guys are right about Rivera. Sorry about that.

We know! :console:

HHURRICANE
01-05-2010, 08:50 PM
They need time to get all the real canidates hired by other teams and than they can justify a first timer at 1 million a year.

TigerJ
01-05-2010, 09:03 PM
Virtually all the coordinators on the Bills' coaching candidate list are with playoff teams. As has been mentioned, out of that group, only Frasier has a bye. by league rules, teams looking for a coach can't interview coordinators whose teams have a playoff game that week.

Nighthawk
01-05-2010, 09:14 PM
Virtually all the coordinators on the Bills' coaching candidate list are with playoff teams. As has been mentioned, out of that group, only Frasier has a bye. by league rules, teams looking for a coach can't interview coordinators whose teams have a playoff game that week.

Yeah, that's the direction this team needs to go...another coordinator...Championship!

Saratoga Slim
01-05-2010, 09:22 PM
Why have none of the coaches who they were reportedly interested in interviewing during the bye week been brought in yet? You would think that there would be some coaching candidates stopping by One Bills Drive for an interview? I just find it interesting that nobody has been reported to been interviewed or contacted except Perry Fewell.

I don't think it's necessarily true that no one's been interviewed. And I'm 100% sure that it's not true that no one's been contacted. We had a "stealth meeting" with Cowher last week.
Plus, how would we out here in the cheap seats have any idea who the Bills have contacted?

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-05-2010, 09:23 PM
Yeah, that's the direction this team needs to go...another coordinator...Championship!

Just kill me know then, if we go this route we will be back to square one in 2-3 years

justasportsfan
01-05-2010, 09:33 PM
the last thing teams that are in the playoffs want is their coaches thinking about coaching the bills instead of putting their head 150% into the upcoming playoff game. If I were a GM of any of those teams, i would not allow any contact until the season ends.

Nighthawk
01-05-2010, 09:34 PM
Just kill me know then, if we go this route we will be back to square one in 2-3 years

I hear ya...I'm dreading that if it happens.