PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Cowher would turn down a "blank check" or the Bills would write one?

Ebenezer
01-05-2010, 08:03 PM
IF Cowher wanted to be here that badly and IF the Bills wanted him that badly don't you think the deal would be done by now?

Nighthawk
01-05-2010, 08:05 PM
I believe that if Ralph really wants Cowher, a blank check would do it. From all of the reports, it sounds like if the money was right, which it is obvious it has not been, then Cowher will coach.

T-Long
01-05-2010, 08:06 PM
get it done Ralph damnit.

Nighthawk
01-05-2010, 08:10 PM
get it done Ralph damnit.

I agree, but the thing that scares me is the comment from Buddy Nix practically making an excuse for Ralph already. He mentioned a couple of times, once in his press conference and once in an interview, that if the Bills fail it wouldn't be because of Ralph. Sorry, but that sounds like somebody setting up an alibi for a guilty person.

Thurmal
01-05-2010, 08:11 PM
I want Cowher, too, but if it means we have to pay him twice as much as any other coach just for him to grace us with his presence, then I don't blame them for passing.

Billick one a SB, too, and he didn't need the officiating crew to win it for him either like Cowher's Steelers did. I also think that everyone is forgetting how good Cowher's assistants were in Pittsburgh.

HHURRICANE
01-05-2010, 08:52 PM
IF Cowher wanted to be here that badly and IF the Bills wanted him that badly don't you think the deal would be done by now?

Ralph is not going to pay anyone 7-9 million a year to coach this team.

If you want a sticking point there's the first one.

T-Long
01-05-2010, 08:53 PM
I think you meant he said it WOULDN'T be Ralph's fault...right?

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-05-2010, 08:54 PM
If you think Ralph is cheap, then you are on the wrong side of the street.......lol

HHURRICANE
01-05-2010, 08:54 PM
Ralph: "Cowher is disgruntled and doesn't want to be here".

Brandon: "That was the PR speech for Jason Peters"

Ralph: "Ohhh, what was the one we used for Polian?"

Nighthawk
01-05-2010, 09:15 PM
I think you meant he said it WOULDN'T be Ralph's fault...right?

Oops...yes, that is what I meant...I corrected it...thanks!

Turf
01-05-2010, 09:18 PM
Is the 10 million a year rumor + a stake in ownership with complete control of the team rumor true or false then. I never understood why they hired Nix if they were going to give someone that offer.
Also, Cowher would be stupid not to coach and take the $$ with a lockout season following and no money in the booth.

ByrdsTheWord
01-05-2010, 09:59 PM
I want Cowher, too, but if it means we have to pay him twice as much as any other coach just for him to grace us with his presence, then I don't blame them for passing.

Billick one a SB, too, and he didn't need the officiating crew to win it for him either like Cowher's Steelers did. I also think that everyone is forgetting how good Cowher's assistants were in Pittsburgh.

Billick didnt win a super bowl. You can credit that defense and their DC alone for their win. Billick was brought in to fix their offense. He was supposed to be the answer for their offensive woes but obviously that never happened. So exactly what did he do in Baltimore?

Thurmal
01-05-2010, 11:54 PM
Billick didnt win a super bowl. You can credit that defense and their DC alone for their win. Billick was brought in to fix their offense. He was supposed to be the answer for their offensive woes but obviously that never happened. So exactly what did he do in Baltimore?

What did he do in Baltimore? Took an expansion team and made them a periennial playoff team and WON THE SUPER BOWL. Granted, it is disturbing how he never developed a QB, but he was a SB-winning coach.

Maybe he didn't reach his full potential, but he still steered the ship.

Michael82
01-06-2010, 12:20 AM
I think that Ralph realizes that this is his last chance to win. If he cares about winning, he would do everything possible to convince a coach of Bill Cowher to come here and it was said earlier in the season that he was willing to do whatever it takes. Well Ralph...time to put your money where your mouth is. Offer Cowher $10 million per year and I bet he comes here!

seanbillsfan
01-06-2010, 12:49 AM
What did he do in Baltimore? Took an expansion team and made them a periennial playoff team and WON THE SUPER BOWL. Granted, it is disturbing how he never developed a QB, but he was a SB-winning coach.

Maybe he didn't reach his full potential, but he still steered the ship.

They weren't an expansion team, they were the browns :couch:

Neubs24
01-06-2010, 04:45 AM

Dungy didnt win a super bowl. You can credit that offense and their QB alone for their win. Dungy was brought in to fix their defense. He was supposed to be the answer for their defensive woes but obviously that never happened. So exactly what did he do in Indy?

I can do it too!

YardRat
01-06-2010, 05:08 AM
Actually, Dungy's defense stepped up in their run, holding their first two opponents to 14 pts total, including a victory over Billick's offense. Ravens D carried their team all the way.

As for the op, no way Ralph writes a blank check, and no way he should. If you've got to bribe a guy to come here, you shouldn't want him anyway, and he apparently doesn't want to be here.

Give him a fair market offer, and he balks screw him. He's just using the team for leverage anyway.