PDA

View Full Version : WOW: Moorman nets 40

polishdreamer
01-06-2010, 07:38 AM
:clap:

It’s long been an elusive number for NFL punters until the past couple of seasons. As successful a punter as <NOBR sizcache="228" sizset="109" jQuery1262785015358="3">Brian Moormanhttp://www.buffalobills.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif (http://www.buffalobills.com/team/roster/brian-moorman/5c96b3a6-d72a-4934-91e3-17fd7873ec27/)</NOBR> has been in his career, he has never achieved the figure for an entire regular season. Until now. The Bills punter for the first time eclipsed the 40-yard net punting average in 2009, finishing with a net average of 40.2 for the season.
“As far as the 40-yard net it was something (special teams coordinator) Bobby April talked about before the last game with the team because it is a team stat,” said Moorman. “I don’t think I’ve ever seen him so excited when I told him that we made it and all the other guys excited too. It was a fun thing to accomplish and a fun thing to go out and work towards.”
Moorman has flirted with a net average of 40 yards before, but when the weather turns bad near the end of the season in Buffalo it makes maintaining such an average far more difficult. The ball doesn’t carry as far in colder temperatures and there are the whipping winds that show up in early November that can wreak havoc on a punter’s effectiveness.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/Moorman-nets-40/2708953d-7ea1-4e2c-8c77-90256b2721d9

ryjam282
01-06-2010, 08:13 AM
Congrats Brian....God knows he had a lot of opportunities this year with that offense.

polishdreamer
01-06-2010, 08:35 AM
Congrats Brian....God knows he had a lot of opportunities this year with that offense.

Still, what a amazing feat. Brian is awesome!!

Italian Stallion
01-06-2010, 08:43 AM
weak news. couldn't care less about this.

rather have a ***** punter and a succesful, playoff team thanks.

polishdreamer
01-06-2010, 08:47 AM
weak news. couldn't care less about this.

rather have a ***** punter and a succesful, playoff team thanks.

He is a solid piece of a potentially positive future, he'd be in the top 3 of all the players I'd keep that are on this team right now.

Italian Stallion
01-06-2010, 08:50 AM
He is a solid piece of a potentially positive future, he'd be in the top 3 of all the players I'd keep that are on this team right now.

I don't disagree with that statement..but honestly who cares?

Name the punters of each of the last 5 Super Bowl winners off the top of your head....enough said.

Welcome to the board BTW

Throne Logic
01-06-2010, 09:44 AM
I don't disagree with that statement..but honestly who cares?

Name the punters of each of the last 5 Super Bowl winners off the top of your head....enough said.

Welcome to the board BTW

Name all the starting offensive linemen, while you're at it.

You don't need to know their names. But a good punter will put you into and help keep you in better positions to win. A bad punter can do just the opposite.

Never underestimate the importance of special teams. If not for Bobby April's squads, the Bills would have been lucky to win 3 games each of the past number of seasons.