PDA

View Full Version : Coaching Synopsis

ChristopherWalken
01-06-2010, 07:43 AM
So it looks as if Lovie is staying another year in Chi-town. Morris gets 2nd life in Tampa. Skins have all but officially signed Shanahan. And rumor has it Fox stays put in Carolina.

Philips somehow magicaly pulled a division title out of his ass in Dallas by sweeping the Eagles, and if they can some how bull their way into the NFC championship game, how could he possibly be let go?

Where does that leave Cowher if he truly wants to get back to coaching?

Mangini? Holmgren and Cowher in Cleveland doesn't make much sense, so regardless of what happens to Mangini chances are Cleveland settles for someone less opinionated.

New rumor of Mora possibly getting canned in Seattle. But if Cowher wants to remain remotely close to his family and his home, Seattle isn't necessarily ideal.

So the way I see it, if Fox does stay put in Carolina for another year, and the rest of the league on the East coast remains content with their coaching staff, Cowher has only one serious choice to consider a return to coaching in 2010. B-U-F-F-A-L-O

The Bills FO has to go balls to the wall to lure Cowher out of retirment. The rumor of $10 million a year seems about right after Shanahan signed that $7 million deal in DC. While $10 million might seem excessive, if Ralph is truly serious about changing the direction of this team he needs to consider that Cowher doesn't have to come out of retirment and that offering a little extra as a hardship pay could never hurt.

I agree that there are several other options in the way of availble coordinators and such, but this guy is a proven winner and a true motivator.

If in 5 years Bill Cowher can't turn this club around...then LA can have the Buffalo Bills. There is no better man for the job IMO. The time is now!

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-06-2010, 07:54 AM
Great post!

I also think with the Shanahan signing done we should see movement on the Bills and Cowher with market price now set. I also think that with the timing of Weis pulling out of consideration, the stealth meetings with Cowher, the Buddy hiring, and April opting out of his contract there is something going on. I could see this leading to Cowher in Buffalo.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-06-2010, 07:58 AM
well like sal said, the less confirmation we hear, the less talk we hear, the better, that means something is going on.... obviously u dont fire ur entire coaching staff and not have a plan. i think the bills and cowher have been working on contract negotiations for the past 3 days and with shanny signing we should hear something soon....

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-06-2010, 08:01 AM
well like sal said, the less confirmation we hear, the less talk we hear, the better, that means something is going on.... obviously u dont fire ur entire coaching staff and not have a plan. i think the bills and cowher have been working on contract negotiations for the past 3 days and with shanny signing we should hear something soon....

I know I sound like a kool aid drinker but if you connect the dots it brings me to Cowher.