PDA

View Full Version : Not to be a neggy nancy but...

BillsOwnAll
01-06-2010, 10:20 AM
I love the bills as much as the next guy. I know signing cowher or a big name coach will help. It isnt the cure all to everything. We still need an O-Line and D-Line a QB too. I would just hate to see this place if Cowher led us to a 9-7 season and missed the playoffs. Just sayin.

ptd86
01-06-2010, 10:21 AM
one step at a time

BillsOwnAll
01-06-2010, 10:22 AM
one step at a time
I know but it seems like this board doesnt think that way.

cocamide
01-06-2010, 10:23 AM
I don't think anyone's expecting a Super Bowl next year if Cowher were to be our coach. What we would expect is for the team to be fired up for every single game, good half time adjustments, some emotion on the side line, no ridiculously improbable losses after winning for 59:30 of the game, and one win against the Pats. I would be happy with 9-7.

ddaryl
01-06-2010, 10:24 AM
I love the bills as much as the next guy. I know signing cowher or a big name coach will help. It isnt the cure all to everything. We still need an O-Line and D-Line a QB too. I would just hate to see this place if Cowher led us to a 9-7 season and missed the playoffs. Just sayin.

I'm not expecting an overnight miracle. Could happen but I honestly do not expect playoffs in 2010... I do expect to see a team playing competently and improving along the way gettin gbetter as the year progresses

Now if we go 7-9 in 2011 or 2012 then the irritations start back up :coffee:

elltrain22
01-06-2010, 10:29 AM
I think you're wrong. Getting Cowher as our HC will do so many things, both immediately, and especially down the road.

Immediately:

- we have a very, very respected HC, who is tough, but at the same time, respected, and a coach that any player would play his butt off for

- a solid game manager, one who can win close ballgames, and make good in-game decisions

- a great football mind. One that can scout talent, can coach players, and can get the most out of his player

- can bring in a very, very legit staff who are all good teachers, and can help young players turn the corner from average to good player, and good player to great player

- reinvigerate this fanbase

- increase ticket sales, merchandise, etc, not to mention TV exposure.

Down the road:

- make us a soild, perenial playoff contender

- balanced talent throughout the roster, along w/ good depth

- Super Bowl contender as time, players, and opportunities present themself.

The reason so many Bills fans can't shutup about Cowher is b/c success is starting at us right in the face, and we're in the position to rectify our horrible past, and w/ Cowher in place, we can get back to how it used to be.

Pinkerton Security
01-06-2010, 10:39 AM
The biggest thing for me would be that he would provide some sort of direction. We have not really had an identity since Levy left. We had an awesome D for a couple years but that didnt pan out, and since then we've just been wandering around as a team without a well-defined plan. Cowher to me would give us the stability we've been sorely lacking, and that to me is one of the biggest keys to success in the NFL.

Buckets
01-06-2010, 11:03 AM
I also think FA's would look at the Bills in a more favorable way.

Historian
01-06-2010, 11:18 AM
We would run first, pass second, and have a dominating, blitzing defense.

Nighthawk
01-06-2010, 11:27 AM
I know but it seems like this board doesnt think that way.

Not true....people want to see them do this right...step-by-step. So far, they are 0-1 with the entire Nix hiring...that was the same old Bills. However, the next HC will be huge in determining if this franchise continues to operate like a minor league professional organization or if they're serious about what they say and really want to build a winner. The hiring of the next coach will show their true colors.

billistic
01-06-2010, 12:15 PM

I'd settle for a season with three 80 yard drives that ended in TDs. I love Lindell as much as the next guy, but...

TacklingDummy
01-06-2010, 12:20 PM
Coaching doesn't mean crap without talented players to coach.

THATHURMANATOR
01-06-2010, 12:27 PM
With the logic of this thread we should have just kept Jauron since we need too many other things why bother trying.

billistic
01-06-2010, 01:27 PM
With the logic of this thread we should have just kept Jauron since we need too many other things why bother trying.

Let's try to keep truth out of the discussion.