patmoran2006
01-06-2010, 11:58 AM
The Bills are getting ready to interview Leslie Frazier, per Adam Benigni

mikemac2001
01-06-2010, 11:59 AM
We are going to interview a chick?

Demon
01-06-2010, 12:01 PM
If it wasn't for his skin color, he'd be a exact clone of Dick Jauron. Great. Just great.

Mahdi
01-06-2010, 12:02 PM
Among all the names I've heard this is the worst IMO. His defense in Minnesota is very vanilla and based purely on the Williams Bros.

And as good as they are at stopping the run they don't seem to be able to use that to their advantage to be a good pass defense.

He brings nothing fresh to the table IMO, just a recycled Perry Fewell.

seanbillsfan
01-06-2010, 12:02 PM
championship!:5:

Nighthawk
01-06-2010, 12:04 PM
And it begins...

Ingtar33
horrible. this is as bad as Brian Schottenhiemer.

Demon
Among all the names I've heard this is the worst IMO. His defense in Minnesota is very vanilla and based purely on the Williams Bros.

And as good as they are at stopping the run they don't seem to be able to use that to their advantage to be a good pass defense.

He brings nothing fresh to the table IMO, just a recycled Perry Fewell.

Teams have figured out their passing defense is horrid and in recent weeks when Favre has struggled, teams attacked them via the air. I wonder why their defensive mastermind can't figure a way to stop it? Perry Fewell would do a better job with Winfield, Williams x2 and Allen.

Mahdi
01-06-2010, 12:05 PM
Teams have figured out their passing defense is horrid and in recent weeks when Favre has struggled, teams attacked them via the air. I wonder why their defensive mastermind can't figure a way to stop it? Perry Fewell would do a better job with Winfield, Williams x2 and Allen.
And he is a secondary coach by trade.

Michael82
01-06-2010, 12:06 PM
Leslie Frazier is not a bad coach. I'm fine with them giving him an interview. But I still want a former head coach like Cowher or Marty.

patmoran2006
01-06-2010, 12:08 PM
I changed the title because we WANT an interview with him, nothing has been set yet.

having said that, although I dont think Frazier gets the job, I dont think this bodes well for Cowher here.

Unless Cowher has told them no, and we dont know about it. They should be 100% focused on landing him and nobody else until the Bills know it wont happen.

Mahdi
Leslie Frazier is not a bad coach. I'm fine with them giving him an interview. But I still want a former head coach like Cowher or Marty.
Wait till Ralph discovers that Frazier will take the job for 500 grand and a free parking space....

V -Text --- Frazier to be announced as Bills HC.

BuffaloBlitz83
Frazier is a good option if the Others big guys reject us.

Nighthawk
01-06-2010, 12:10 PM
Frazier is a good option if the Others big guys reject us.

Why?

Michael82
01-06-2010, 12:11 PM
I changed the title because we WANT an interview with him, nothing has been set yet.

having said that, although I dont think Frazier gets the job, I dont think this bodes well for Cowher here.

Unless Cowher has told them no, and we dont know about it. They should be 100% focused on landing him and nobody else until the Bills know it wont happen.
Umm...we only have 1 week to interview candidates from the top 4 teams in the playoffs. If we don't interview Frazier and Rivera now...we won't get another chance until their team is out of the playoffs. I understand what you say about Cowher...but u gotta have a backup plan.

Demon
01-06-2010, 12:12 PM
Umm...we only have 1 week to interview candidates from the top 4 teams in the playoffs. If we don't interview Frazier and Rivera now...we won't get another chance until their team is out of the playoffs. I understand what you say about Cowher...but u gotta have a backup plan.

Agreed. If there is or isn't a plan for Cowher, this has nothing to do with it.

But seriously, i'd prefer Fewell over Frazier.

patmoran2006
01-06-2010, 12:12 PM

Unless I am wrong, I think we still have to get permission. I think you have to get permission to interview during a bye week, and I think you are not allowed to if they have a game that week.

But I'm not 10000% on that

Michael82
01-06-2010, 12:14 PM
Unless I am wrong, I think we still have to get permission. I think you have to get permission to interview during a bye week, and I think you are not allowed to if they have a game that week.

yeah you gotta get permission. But this is the ONLY time you can interview them until after the playoffs. I know we all want Cowher, but it makes sense to get permission to do these interviews before the window closes. I'm fine with it.

Mahdi
01-06-2010, 12:14 PM
Agreed. If there is or isn't a plan for Cowher, this has nothing to do with it.

But seriously, i'd prefer Fewell over Frazier.
Exactly, I would much rather keep Fewell. At least he coached up a great secondary despite being given a crap DL to work with.

Fewell is a much better option.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-06-2010, 12:16 PM
#$$@#@$^$%%$#$#&)&*&%&^$%@@#@#!#$$$#

Demon
01-06-2010, 12:16 PM

What does having to ask permission have to do with us having less of a chance to get Cowher? Of course they need to ask permission, their paying him $$$ i'm sure their employers want to know where he's doing and missing days from work. Wouldn't you? But still, this post has nothing to do with what Mikey said.

patmoran2006
01-06-2010, 12:17 PM
The oddity..

I finally, and I mean finally got to speak to someone i wanted to talk to today, and he told the Bills coaching search "will take at least two weeks" and was working on a story, which I am NOT publishing now cause with my luck Frazier will be Bills coach tomorrow afternoon.

Michael82
01-06-2010, 12:18 PM
at least two weeks? Damn...that's definitely NOT a good sign. :sigh:

patmoran2006
01-06-2010, 12:18 PM
What does having to ask permission have to do with us having less of a chance to get Cowher? Of course they need to ask permission, their paying him $$$ i'm sure their employers want to know where he's doing and missing days from work. Wouldn't you? But still, this post has nothing to do with what Mikey said.

Didnt MIkey say we can only interview Frazier on the bye week?

If he did, then I am saying even with the bye week, the Vikings would have to give us permission to interview him.

That has nothing to do with Cowher

Demon
01-06-2010, 12:19 PM
The oddity..

I finally, and I mean finally got to speak to someone i wanted to talk to today, and he told the Bills coaching search "will take at least two weeks" and was working on a story, which I am NOT publishing now cause with my luck Frazier will be Bills coach tomorrow afternoon.

They will wait and interview Brian Shottenhiemer. As long as he shows up on time and wears a nice shirt and tie, the job is his i think. Cheap and connection to Nix.

They shouldn't even waste their time with Zimmer though. I heard Skins want him as DC. No way we'll offer more money for him to be HC then they would for DC.

ddaryl
01-06-2010, 12:19 PM
:whatthe: :hitself: :shoothead::blowup:

Demon
01-06-2010, 12:21 PM
Didnt MIkey say we can only interview Frazier on the bye week?

If he did, then I am saying even with the bye week, the Vikings would have to give us permission to interview him.

That has nothing to do with Cowher

My bad then, i must have missed where he asked that. Every time a low budget rumor comes up, the more angry i get.... this may be the day i join juice on the suspended list. lol

Nighthawk
01-06-2010, 12:23 PM
at least two weeks? Damn...that's definitely NOT a good sign. :sigh:

Mikey, it takes time for perfection and it takes time to stay bad...the Bills just need more time to screw it up!

patmoran2006
IMO, I agree with Sal.

No Cowher news is good news

methos4ever
Frazier has experience as a Head Coach at the collegiate level as well (9 seasons) so he may be someone that fits that profile that Nix was looking for.

Also, he was on the '85 Bears SB team (leading it in picks) and was on the Eagles staff as well, so he isn't "just" a Tampa 2 guy. That was the system installed via Tomlin on the Vikings and he has added more of a blitz look, using our own former CB and DT while doing so.

Nighthawk
01-06-2010, 12:25 PM
Frazier has experience as a Head Coach at the collegiate level as well (9 seasons) so he may be someone that fits that profile that Nix was looking for.

Also, he was on the '85 Bears SB team (leading it in picks) and was on the Eagles staff as well, so he isn't "just" a Tampa 2 guy. That was the system installed via Tomlin on the Vikings and he has added more of a blitz look, using our own former CB and DT while doing so.

And he had a TON of talent in Minnesota, so how do you know he's any good? Plus, how does this address the offensive problems? This is an all around bad idea.

Demon
01-06-2010, 12:27 PM

What ever happened to wanting a guy who was "in your face". Jauron may show more emotion then Frazier for gods sake!

methos4ever
01-06-2010, 12:28 PM
And he had a TON of talent in Minnesota, so how do you know he's any good? Plus, how does this address the offensive problems? This is an all around bad idea.

I don't know he's any good. And I don't know he's bad either for the Bills. I was just giving a little insight into the coach and how he got to where he was. Which I might add amongst other things because the former Eagles OC decided he liked who his former counterpart did with their dbs while they worked together. Who's to say he doesn't have coaches he's worked with that can do the job on offense?

Mahdi
01-06-2010, 12:28 PM

Only problem is he has fielded one of the worst pass defenses in the league several years in a row.

methos4ever
01-06-2010, 12:30 PM
What ever happened to wanting a guy who was "in your face". Jauron may show more emotion then Frazier for gods sake!
Well, he doesn't have to necessarily be "in your face". That's good for the fans and all, but a guy that can teach his players, a guy that can get coaches that can push his players' buttons to play well on game day and not just "try hard" is what I thought we wanted as a coach. Yelling and gesticulating to me is just a waste of blood pressure.

Iehoshua
01-06-2010, 12:31 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_uuV6zd7TbT4/SZiVlnptmVI/AAAAAAAADKI/O2gLsOBG5IA/s400/0_WaltFrazierCLR.jpg
??

WeAreArthurMoates
01-06-2010, 12:56 PM
If it wasn't for his skin color, he'd be a exact clone of Dick Jauron. Great. Just great.

No try a Mike Tomlin. In fact his defense is much better than the one Tomlin ran. The Vikings D is much bigger, stronger and aggressive than ours.

Michael82
01-06-2010, 01:00 PM
No try a Mike Tomlin. In fact his defense is much better than the one Tomlin ran. The Vikings D is much bigger, stronger and aggressive than ours.
Exactly! He's compared to Tomlin a lot and that's why I wouldn't mind him as a last resort.

Italian Stallion
01-06-2010, 01:12 PM
Exactly! He's compared to Tomlin a lot and that's why I wouldn't mind him as a last resort.

But we shouldn't even be to last resort territory right now...there are tons of options better than this hack.

"Hey I got an idea, lets replace Perry Fewell with...Perry Fewell. Only this Perry Fewell (secondary minded, defensive coordinator) will not have 7 games of head coach experience."

all I can say is wow. **** this team

patmoran2006
01-06-2010, 01:16 PM
teams arent going to beat down Frazier's door right now.

I hope he's a backup plan

patmoran2006
01-06-2010, 01:17 PM
Nothing from Chris Brown, shocker..

However he does shed light on the Bills 2010 schedule and that Perry Fewell will interview in NY

Demon
01-06-2010, 01:23 PM
per Jay Glazer-

Bills flying to Minny to interview Frazier.

patmoran2006
01-06-2010, 01:24 PM
per Jay Glazer-

Bills flying to Minny to interview Frazier.

Ut oh

Demon

Not personality wise. He's calm. Very calm. "Players" coach. Tactics and what not i don't know.

patmoran2006
They're going there?

Double Oh-Oh

Demon
01-06-2010, 01:26 PM
They're going there?

Double Oh-Oh

Yup. :-(

Here's the tweet-

the bills are flying to minnesota to interview vikes DC L. Frazier for buff's head coaching opening

Link- http://twitter.com/Jay_Glazer

Bills Juggernaut
01-06-2010, 01:27 PM
I don't like this at all. Not one bit.

patmoran2006
01-06-2010, 01:27 PM
Them going there worries me.. a lot

Iehoshua
01-06-2010, 01:30 PM
Perhaps if hired, he'll surprise us, but as Nighthawk said previously, this feels like more of the same from the organization...

patmoran2006
01-06-2010, 01:32 PM
Perhaps if hired, he'll surprise us, but as Nighthawk said previously, this feels like more of the same from the organization...

More of the same is an understatement.

I can't fathom them hiring Frazier, at least with out interviewing several more candidates

patmoran2006
01-06-2010, 01:34 PM
This suddenly makes me want Brian Billick

madness
01-06-2010, 01:35 PM
Many people around the league feel he deserves a shot as a HC and it's only a matter of time before he does. The guy was interviewed three times in the first week after the end of the season last year and was a finalist for two of those jobs.

Iehoshua
01-06-2010, 01:36 PM
Glazer's report has made its way to Pro Football Talk...

Yeah, this seems like a done deal already, somehow. All this Shanahan and Cowher talk, only to end up with another noob coach. True that everyone has to start somewhere, but.. agh, let them start in Chokeland. Get experience in here!

Demon
This suddenly makes me want Brian Billick

lol

Btw, John Wowrow confirms, Bills will interview Frazier on Thursday.

WagonCircler

But if Cowher is waiting for other dominoes to fall, like whether Fox stays in Carolina, then wouldn't it behoove the Bills to keep interviewing candidates just in case?

I think it would be shortsighted for the Bills to concentrate only on one candidate, no matter who that candidate is.

They need to have a plan B in place, and they need to get it in place now, rather than waiting.

Additionally, isn't it the case that the Bills need to interview more than one minority candidate to satisfy the Rooney Rule?

Dr. Pepper
01-06-2010, 01:37 PM
holy **** the last thing the Bills need is another "players'" coach.

Night Train
01-06-2010, 01:41 PM
Brandon told Wilson it was Leslie Neilson, who he heard of.

madness
01-06-2010, 01:41 PM
holy **** the last thing the Bills need is another "players'" coach.

That's the only reason why I wouldn't want him. I think he may be a very good coach but I'm not ready emotionally to make a commitment to that type of coach again. :snicker:

Leslie Frazier, Asst. Head Coach/Defensive Coordinator/Minnesota Vikings
Pulse
Soft-spoken veteran coach who is thought highly of by his former players and coaching peers. Eagles (http://bleacherreport.com/philadelphia-eagles) coach Andy Reid has the following to say about Frazier:
“He’s a great football coach but probably an even better person. [He’s a] great individual and a great family man. He has a very strong work ethic. When he was here (1999-2002) he was very quiet but he wanted to know everything.
"And the players, and this wasn’t just because he was a good corner in the National Football League, but you could see that the players respected him for what he was as a person and coach. He deserves a head coaching shot and if he got one, an owner is going to get a very solid, solid person and coach."

Resume
Leads a very good, sometimes dominant Minnesota defense who also did a great job as a defensive backs coach with Philadelphia from 1999-2002. He also was Cincinnati (http://bleacherreport.com/cincinnati-bengals)'s defensive coordinator for two years from 2003-2004 and was surprisingly let go.
No reasons were given but the belief is that Marvin Lewis wanted a more "emotional, fiery" coach to lead his defense. His next two season were at DB coach for the Colts (http://bleacherreport.com/indianapolis-colts) before coming to Minnesota as DC. At all stops though, Frazier is a well-respected coach who known who stresses fundamentals and discipline.

Likeliness
Frazier definitely has a chance at the Lions opening but I believe he'll need a year or two more as a solid coordinator before a team gives him his chance. He's cut from the same cloth as Tony Dungy in that he is laid-back and doesn't believe that he has to scream to get his point across. Unfortunately, I think the Lions need a motivator to captain this turnaround.

patmoran2006
01-06-2010, 01:42 PM
But if Cowher is waiting for other dominoes to fall, like whether Fox stays in Carolina, then wouldn't it behoove the Bills to keep interviewing candidates just in case?

I think it would be shortsighted for the Bills to concentrate only on one candidate, no matter who that candidate is.

They need to have a plan B in place, and they need to get it in place now, rather than waiting.

Additionally, isn't it the case that the Bills need to interview more than one minority candidate to satisfy the Rooney Rule?

I agree.

They cant limit themselves to IF Cowher comes to us.

However, PLEASE don't let it be Frazier, I'd honestly rather have Fewell back.

Perry went 3-4 with a depleted roster and if nothing else he knows the personnel better.

I dont want him either, I want neither.

I cant fathom them not knowin the fan reaction if they go and hire Frazier after interviewing him

Ebenezer
01-06-2010, 01:43 PM
Leslie Frazier = Gregg Williams Pt. II

disaster written all over it.

I'd rather have Fewell.

Iehoshua
01-06-2010, 01:44 PM
I cant fathom them not knowin the fan reaction if they go and hire Frazier after interviewing him Personal reaction at this point would be apathy and a "here we go again" type feeling. Hey, the guy could be stellar and lead the Bills to a 16-0 record, but can't get excited about him at this point.

evdawg419
01-06-2010, 01:44 PM
2 things I don't like...calm mannered players coach like jauron, and above all the tampa 2 defense he runs. I thought that this was finally the end of that garbage defense. Especially after what Nix said about size, this interview doesn't make sense to me.

patmoran2006
01-06-2010, 01:45 PM
Doesnt Frazier run a cover two defense as well?

Oh boy..

And I wonder what kind of quality coordinators he can draw

Demon
01-06-2010, 01:46 PM
2 things I don't like...calm mannered players coach like jauron, and above all the tampa 2 defense he runs. I thought that this was finally the end of that garbage defense. Especially after what Nix said about size, this interview doesn't make sense to me.

Exactly. Nix is looking like an idiot. Although, he did warn us. He's not the smartest guy in the world.....

Slim
01-06-2010, 01:47 PM
Bills willy fly to MINN on Thursday per Schefter.

Michael82
01-06-2010, 01:47 PM
Them going there worries me.. a lot

why? The Jets flew to Arizona last year to interview Russ Grimm. It happens a lot. The team doesn't always want their OC or DC to leave during a busy week of preparing for the playoffs...so they try to get the team that is interested to fly to their city and arrange the meeting there.

Nighthawk
01-06-2010, 02:04 PM
Well...don't know if this has been posted, but the Bills Brass is in Minnesota...according to Chris Brown and Jay Glazer. Uggh...

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/01/06/report-bills-brass-in-minneapolis/

shelby
01-06-2010, 02:32 PM
i'm glad this process is going to take a few weeks. You know as well as i do that if the HC announcement comes this week, it's going to be someone sucky.

That being said, i hope it isn't Frazier.

baalworship
01-06-2010, 03:06 PM
Don't worry when he starts talking to Buddy about the Cover 2 and why he loves it he will not get hired.