PDA

View Full Version : Watch how the media works

patmoran2006
01-06-2010, 12:35 PM
Watch the next two hours.

Adam from WGRZ reported first about Frazier.

Over the next hour or two you're gonna see tweets from mort, scheft, Jason C, you name it...

PFT will report it.

and from there it will be ALL OVER the news, about a million different variations.

One report sends off an avalanche of them, and by the time the twists are done they'll be ready to annoint Frazier

I'll be shocked if Frazier is hired. I was told today that the Bills head coaching search will be conducted over at least two weeks.

patmoran2006
01-06-2010, 12:36 PM
Don't get me wrong, Im completely guilty of it myself.

Just tellin you that's how its going to go down today

Demon
01-06-2010, 12:38 PM
Are you calling us stupid?

I'm pretty sure everyone on here knows how it works.

ddaryl
01-06-2010, 12:39 PM
yeah its pretty obvious that this stuff get regergitated over and over again....

can't wait for the fallout when places like the main Bills forum starts running with th enews.. People are going to be livid

malo
01-06-2010, 12:39 PM
glad you admit you're guilty of it yourself.

patmoran2006
01-06-2010, 12:41 PM
glad you admit you're guilty of it yourself.

Of course I am. I already have a post up myself

Most people know how it works, but there are some who will see 10,000 variations of the Frazier report that will circulate and by the time its over Frazier will be our next coach without getting an intervifew.

Michael82
01-06-2010, 12:47 PM
I was told today that the Bills head coaching search will be conducted over at least two weeks.

so...are they waiting for Bill Cowher (who will be waiting for Dallas and the Cleveland to make up their mind?) or are they waiting for the Jets to lose, so they can hire Brian Schottenheimer and piss off 75% of the fan base? :scratch:

malo
01-06-2010, 12:52 PM
I would bet the "inside" sources the amateur hack reporters use get their info from rumors from outside too.

patmoran2006
01-06-2010, 12:58 PM
so...are they waiting for Bill Cowher (who will be waiting for Dallas and the Cleveland to make up their mind?) or are they waiting for the Jets to lose, so they can hire Brian Schottenheimer and piss off 75% of the fan base? :scratch:

I have no clue what they're doing, none

patmoran2006
01-06-2010, 12:59 PM
why do you knuckleheads piss on Pat all the time when he is just taking the time to post some thoughts? Dude has earned the right to post info (no matter the HIGH IMPACT or not) with out people pissing on him

Dude, dont worry about it. Can never please everybody and its always gonna be that way.

I rarely pay it any mind, u shouldn't either

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-06-2010, 01:00 PM
Are you calling us stupid?

I'm pretty sure everyone on here knows how it works.

why do you knuckleheads piss on Pat all the time when he is just taking the time to post some thoughts? Dude has earned the right to post info (no matter the HIGH IMPACT or not) with out people pissing on him

No offens intended to Demon... not picking on you specificly

Ingtar33
01-06-2010, 01:04 PM

I still think they don't know what they're doing... and what they'll end up doing is...

1) not make a decision quickly
2) allowing new coaching positions will pop open in the next 2 or 3 weeks at both the NFL and college level
3) allowing all the good coaches to either get tired of being jerked around or sign someplace else
4) leading to us signing Herm Edwards to a 6 year contract and 5 mil per season in March.

though Brian S will do nicely for a stand-in for Herm Edwards in that scenario.

Michael82
01-06-2010, 01:12 PM
didn't they learn what happened the last time they waited on a coaching hire (Gregg Williams was hired after the Super Bowl)? They lost out on a bunch of assistants and coordinators because they weren't willing to wait around anymore.

k-oneputt
01-06-2010, 01:25 PM
If they hire L. Frazier my seasons will not be re-newed.
B. Schott. would piss me off but would still go.

Cowher, Billick, M. Schott.... in that order.

Demon
01-06-2010, 01:28 PM
They could probably sell me on Brian Schottenhiemer, idk, still doubtful. Def not going for Frazier. What a JOKE!

PECKERWOOD
01-06-2010, 01:30 PM
Frazier would be a good fit as far as current defensive personnel goes, but I don't care about that, I want the 3-4 to be brought back.

Beebe's Kid
01-06-2010, 01:37 PM
I have no clue what they're doing, none

^^^This

I am by no means disrespecting, or "pissing" on Pat. I appreciate somebody with his connections telling us what he knows, and really, even if it's nothing. At least it's something new to read. I was one more "Levy failed as GM," "Poz needs to move to OLB," "Maybin is a bust/needs to move to LB/should be Orakpo," thread away from slitting my wrists.

The truth is this organization is very good at playing it close to the vest, and we will, likely, know when they do something after they've done it. I am fine with that.

To those who "can't take it anymore." We have waited 10 effing years...the season has been over for three days....deep breathe....exhale.

Everything is going to be alright. Just listen to the calming sounds of Thurman's "big splash."

soapman
01-06-2010, 01:41 PM
PFT's on it....
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/06/report-bills-to-interview-frazier-tomorrow/

WagonCircler
01-06-2010, 01:41 PM
I pray that you're right, Pat, about not hiring Frazier.

I'm starting to have Gregg Williams flashbacks.

Demon
01-06-2010, 01:43 PM
Pat Moran and I have never seen eye to eye, but i will say this about the guy, he tries very hard and will not stop anywhere. He has unbelievable desire for his web site to grow and tries so hard to find all the small details. I could go without the 20 threads a day which many have nothing in them because most of them put people in panic due to his own speculation, but the man tries and i respect that. Only if the Bills tried as hard on their product as he does for his site, we'd be in much better shape.

PECKERWOOD
01-06-2010, 01:45 PM
The way I see it, if you don't like the discussion then you should create your own thread and if it's interesting enough, people will post in it.

Ebenezer
01-06-2010, 01:45 PM
The longer it goes the more it will be a nobody...