PDA

View Full Version : WNSA: Bills will be blitzing from everywhere...

baalworship
06-03-2003, 04:17 PM
I watching WNSA and the Bills beat reporter mentioned that Dick Lebeau is working on installing a lot of new plays & schemes on defense. Apparently the Bills, with their newfound versatility, will be blitzing from everywhere. Fire Shots, Zone & Fire Blitzes, etc. Looks like Lebeau will be playing a big role this year. Thank God!

Romes
06-03-2003, 04:23 PM
i can't wait!!

Jan Reimers
06-03-2003, 04:25 PM
He will teach Gray to be a D coordinator.

BillsFanInMass
06-03-2003, 04:26 PM
yeah yeah kill kill!!!!!!!!!!!!!

baalworship
06-03-2003, 04:38 PM
I also heard that Jerry Gray was working with the DB's in mini-camp. Does this mean speculation that Lebeau was hired to take over as defensive coordinator was correct? And if so what will Gray be doing? Will he still call plays?

Maybe Lebeau installs & gameplans before the game. He might create a down & distance card for Gray to hold. During the game, Gray simply reads off the color-coded chart...

G. Host
06-03-2003, 07:11 PM
sound like a perfect defense for Newman?

TigerJ
06-03-2003, 09:04 PM
I really don't care what the flow chart looks like for the Bills coaching staff as long as it works. I do think that the addition of Spikes gives Buffalo the speed to do some creative things they couldn't do last year. Adams on the line also reduces the threat of teams killing the Bills with running plays up the middle when the defence gets creative. I like it!

Kicker22705
06-03-2003, 11:20 PM
Newman was big and strong but lacked speed to create confusion and havoc. this defense is all about speed to create confusion on the offensive side of the ball so they hesitate on who they are supposed to block. Newman didn't fit this defense but i expect him to do wonders in atlanta. it worked out for both teams.

WG
06-03-2003, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
He will teach Gray to be a D coordinator.

More like he'll be the D coordinator!

:D