X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Saratoga Slim
    • Jul 2005

Marty Schottenheimer on Sirius

I've got SIRIUS NFL Network "NFL Blitz" on, and Marty Schottenheimer/Solomon Wilcots are hosts today.

A caller just (1:45 PM) asked if they "think there's a chance that the Bills could get Cowher or some other experienced head coach." Marty responded that there's a "very reasonable possibility that Bill Cowher could be the next head coach of the Buffalo Bills." Said that Cowher would be a perfect fit for Buffalo. Marty also said that he personally has great admiration for the fact that the Bills defense kept fighting to the end of the season despite the injuries and coaching change, and that unwillingness to pack it in is something that would fit the Cowher personality very well.

Marty didn't say a word about his own prospects, but spoke very favorably about the Bills in general, as noted above. Generally made it sound like a great opportunity for an incoming coach. Take it for whatever it's worth.

Solomon agreed that Cowher would be a perfect fit, while not really giving a guess as to whether it's likely.

Neither said anything to discourage the Cowher possiblity. Just passing it along.....
    Last edited by Saratoga Slim; 01-06-2010, 12:52 PM.
    Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Re: Marty Schottenheimer on Sirius

Maybe Nix will use Marty to help convince Cowher to come here...

Very interesting news! Thanks for sharing.
    Last edited by Michael82; 01-06-2010, 12:53 PM.

Comment

• BillsWin
      man amongst boys
      • Oct 2008

Thank you for posting this. I still think Buffalo + Cowher is a match made in football heaven.
      I am The Batman.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
        • Jul 2005

Another caller asked what Marty thought about the Buddy Nix hiring. Marty responded that Nix was the "heart and soul" of the personnel department in San Diego, and that he considers him a good friend and great football mind. Said that Nix very much deserved the opportunity, and that he is confident he'll do a great job.
        Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• ddaryl
          Everything I post is sexual inuendo
          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by BillsWin
          Thank you for posting this. I still think Buffalo + Cowher is a match made in football heaven.

a hard nosed blue collar town, with a hard nosed blue collar coach playing hard nosed blue collar football in hard nosed football weather

I agree
          Last edited by ddaryl; 01-06-2010, 01:00 PM.

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Saratoga Slim
            I've got SIRIUS NFL Network "NFL Blitz" on, and Marty Schottenheimer/Solomon Wilcots are hosts today.

A caller just (1:45 PM) asked if they "think there's a chance that the Bills could get Cowher or some other experienced head coach." Marty responded that there's a "very reasonable possibility that Bill Cowher could be the next head coach of the Buffalo Bills." Said that Cowher would be a perfect fit for Buffalo. Marty also said that he personally has great admiration for the fact that the Bills defense kept fighting to the end of the season despite the injuries and coaching change, and that unwillingness to pack it in is something that would fit the Cowher personality very well.

Marty didn't say a word about his own prospects, but spoke very favorably about the Bills in general, as noted above. Generally made it sound like a great opportunity for an incoming coach. Take it for whatever it's worth.

Solomon agreed that Cowher would be a perfect fit, while not really giving a guess as to whether it's likely.

Neither said anything to discourage the Cowher possiblity. Just passing it along.....
            nice

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• SquishDaFish
              Lets GO BUFFALO!!
              • Jun 2005

Figures right after I get home out of my truck a caller calls about Buffalo. I listen on my 30 min drive home from work praying for some news LOL

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                Defies all logic
                • Oct 2006

Marty is probably trying to get his son interviewed for the job.

Comment

• Don't Panic
                  All-Pro Zoner
                  • Dec 2005

Another caller asked what Marty thought about the Buddy Nix hiring. Marty responded that Nix was the "heart and soul" of the personnel department in San Diego, and that he considers him a good friend and great football mind. Said that Nix very much deserved the opportunity, and that he is confident he'll do a great job.
                  Now THAT'S what I want to hear!

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                    • Feb 2005

Even if he personally thinks Buffalo would suck, he won't say it. He knows not to burn bridges - plus ofcourse he has that connection with Buddy Nix.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                      • Apr 2005

how did a buffalo fan get on the air with marty without begging him to come to buffalo....at least thats what i would have done

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by PECKERWOOD
                        Marty is probably trying to get his son interviewed for the job.
                        I think that's what he really wanted. Too bad his son is tied up to Jets, otherwise, Marty can come out be the HC and hire his son to be the OC; hand over the rein in a year or two.

Comment

Working...
                        X