PDA

View Full Version : If the Bills hire Frazier...

Ebenezer
01-06-2010, 01:51 PM
then it is all about the money and will be a disaster...what kind of coaching staff will he be able to put together?? He is no special draw...disaster waiting to happen. Gregg Williams Pt. II.

k-oneputt
01-06-2010, 01:53 PM
That would be the last straw with me.

patmoran2006
I truly dont think they are hiring him, and if so, not anytime soon.

The fans would never buy it and I know Brandon is smart enough to know it.

I think they're interviewing him now because he's on their list and now is the best time to get it done.

he's obviously not a Rooney Rule guy so he's a legit candidate, I just can't fathom it happening.

If they did, it would go against pretty much everything Nix said.

Not to mention his makeup is exactly what this team DOESNT need

Italian Stallion
then it is all about the money and will be a disaster...what kind of coaching staff will he be able to put together?? He is no special draw...disaster waiting to happen. Gregg Williams Pt. II.

Couldn't agree more with this statement. He's less qualified than Perry Fewell. This is an utter nightmare waiting to happen

Demon
01-06-2010, 01:54 PM
Agreed. He may be a good coach, i don't know, the he will be unable to get the resources that he will need to come here. The Bills did all the talking, then fired 16 dudes off their coaching staff.... hired a 70 year old first timer as coach, can't attract a FA to save their life, and now go out and hire a cheap coach. Nobody will come. He'll be coming here with almost a certainty he will fail.

patmoran2006
01-06-2010, 01:55 PM
And no matter this spin, Frazier is a MONEY move.

What-- $1.5-2 million per year at the most?

However, Im going to keep my cool, cause I dont think he's the guy who gets the job.

mikemac2001
01-06-2010, 01:55 PM

I think they're interviewing him now because he's on their list and now is the best time to get it done.

he's obviously not a Rooney Rule guy so he's a legit candidate, I just can't fathom it happening.

Thats the thing i like brandon because he is a PR guy and knows it will be a **** show if it happens....season tickets will plumet

and i also believe ralph :drool: knows its his last chance thats giving me more hope then anything

Demon
01-06-2010, 01:56 PM

Honestly, if they hired Fewell and then brought back Van Pelt, it wouldn't surprise me anymore. Nothing this team does ever surprises me. They are always looking for cheap routes. Only way i'll be surprised and shocked is if Billick or Cowher come.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-06-2010, 01:56 PM
If that's the case we should just keep Fewell. At least Fewell has more HC experience than Frazier, and that isn't say much.

patmoran2006
01-06-2010, 01:58 PM
if they hire Frazier, this will eeerily remind me of the movie "Major League"

Maybe Lou Brown can run the offense

Demon
01-06-2010, 01:59 PM
And no matter this spin, Frazier is a MONEY move.

What-- $1.5-2 million per year at the most?

However, Im going to keep my cool, cause I dont think he's the guy who gets the job.

Brian Shottenheimer would be in similar price range. I honestly think it's between these two and Rivera.

patmoran2006
01-06-2010, 02:01 PM
Brian Shottenheimer would be in similar price range. I honestly think it's between these two and Rivera.

I dont hate Rivera at all.

I'm not sold on Brian, but I suspect his dad would come in some type of consultant role with the team.

I do not want Frazier as the head coach, he runs the same defense, and has the same tempermant as Jauron. That works in some organizations, it WONT in Buffalo

Michael82
01-06-2010, 02:05 PM
I'd rather have Frazier over Brian Schottenheimer. But I don't see it happening. Brandon is a major PR guy and even he wouldn't be able to sell this to the Bills fans. Season Ticket sales would plummet!

PECKERWOOD
01-06-2010, 02:07 PM
I'm hoping that Billick is our guy, moderately priced with an impressive resume.

SabreEleven
01-06-2010, 02:14 PM
My nuts are so sore from all the groin shots the Bills have given me that I'm convinced WHOEVER the Bills pick, it will be the wrong one.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-06-2010, 02:18 PM
chris brown is reporting it now http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/01/06/report-bills-brass-in-minneapolis/

According to a report by FoxSports Jay Glazer, Bills front office executives are in Minneapolis to interview a head coaching candidate.
Here is Glazer’s twitter post concerning the Bills pursuit of Vikings defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier.
Jay_Glazer: the bills are flying to minnesota to interview vikes DC L. Frazier for buff’s head coaching opening.
The report makes sense as Frazier and the Vikings do not have a playoff game until next week having earned a playoff bye. So this would be the week to interview Frazier.
It’s presumed the Bills received written permission to interview Frazier from the Vikings otherwise they would not have traveled in the first place assuming the report is accurate.

This entry was written by Chris Brown (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/author/cbrownnfl/), posted on <ABBR class=published title=2010-01-06T14:51:27+0000>January 6, 2010 at 2:51 pm</ABBR>, filed under Inside The Bills (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/category/inside-the-bills/) and tagged Leslie Frazier (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/tag/leslie-frazier/). Bookmark the permalink (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/01/06/report-bills-brass-in-minneapolis/). Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/01/06/report-bills-brass-in-minneapolis/feed/). Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.

patmoran2006
01-06-2010, 02:23 PM
Well in terms of fan reaction, put it this way.

Last night on BSD, I put up a poll with 6 non Cowher candidates, asking fans to pick their guy.

As of now, 140 people had voted, and all of 2% endorsed Frazier as their choice. Ouch

POLL (http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/)

Ebenezer
01-06-2010, 02:26 PM
Well in terms of fan reaction, put it this way.

Last night on BSD, I put up a poll with 6 non Cowher candidates, asking fans to pick their guy.

As of now, 140 people had voted, and all of 2% endorsed Frazier as their choice. Ouch

POLL (http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/)
I did the same thing here before Mularkey and Jauron were both hired...both scored very very low. Weis and Sherman were the Zoners vote.

chernobylwraiths
01-06-2010, 02:31 PM
Are you Op's dad or something Eb?

Ebenezer
01-06-2010, 02:34 PM
:huh:

Wolffman
01-06-2010, 02:50 PM
My guess is they're interviewing him now since he may not be available again till second week of Feb. Hopefully it's just a practice run.

Michael82
01-06-2010, 03:11 PM

:rofl:

THATHURMANATOR
01-06-2010, 03:18 PM
I don't want Frazier AT ALLLLLLL

Here is who they could get that I would be happy with.
Cowher
M Shottenheimer
Grimm
Jim Harbaugh
Billick

PECKERWOOD
01-06-2010, 03:24 PM
On the real, though. He isn't my first choice, but he would likely add something to our defense, he is a great defensive minded coach, although Minnesota's best players typically were added through free agency, which makes his ability to develop homegrown talent as a question mark.

THATHURMANATOR
01-06-2010, 03:25 PM
Frazier is exactly what we don't need. Another mild mannered boring coach. Hell I would take Martz or Weis in a heartbeat over this guy

HHURRICANE
01-06-2010, 03:36 PM

A guy who is the benefactor of our two best D players leaving and going to Minnesota. Add Allen and I could be the D coordinator in Minnesota.

Look at how good April was when his unit of stars dissolved.

Ebenezer
01-06-2010, 04:07 PM
A guy who is the benefactor of our two best D players leaving and going to Minnesota. Add Allen and I could be the D coordinator in Minnesota.

Look at how good April was when his unit of stars dissolved.
his unit is projected to be 4th in the NFL this year...on the Ch. 4 news last night...that's still pretty good.

Commissioner
01-06-2010, 08:56 PM
I can't see the Bills hiring a defensive minded head coach when our offense has sucked for a decade... unless that coach could bring in a top offensive mind to run the offense.

WagonCircler
01-06-2010, 08:59 PM
and I know Brandon is smart enough to know it.

Didn't Brandon re-hire Dick Jauron?

I think people give him WAY too many smart points.

HHURRICANE
01-06-2010, 09:03 PM

Brandon wanted to lock him up on the cheap. This guy is a genius. 3 years, 9 million dollars to coach 7 games.

hydro
01-06-2010, 09:06 PM

Yeah and if you read this board before that happened, he had us starting out great last season and most weren't against it! :up:

Syderick
01-06-2010, 10:00 PM
Sounds like the usual Bills HC choice. He'll be hired then.