What is the minimum the Bills will have to do...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

What is the minimum the Bills will have to do...

...in order to avoid a fan revolt? If we end up with Frazier, Haslett, keeping Fewell, etc, after all this Cowher and Shanny talk, the fans are going to be pissed (and I'll be leading the charge).

So, since we're not getting Cowher, what's the minimum the Bills can do in order to keep the fans happy? I'm thinking it's got to be Billick or better.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: What is the minimum the Bills will have to do...

Cowher would have fans out of their minds in a good way
    Marty or Billick fans would be excited
    I think Grimm or Rivera fans would not like but soon accept
    Frazier or Fewell and fans are going to lose their minds in a bad way

Brian S I think would fall in between the last two

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Italian Stallion
      Knows More Than You
      • Feb 2004

I'm thinking it has to be Billick or maybe John Fox....other than that people will be searching for ledges.
      BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes

Comment

• Italian Stallion
        Knows More Than You
        • Feb 2004

Originally posted by patmoran2006
        Cowher would have fans out of their minds in a good way
        Marty or Billick fans would be excited
        I think Grimm or Rivera fans would not like but soon accept
        Frazier or Fewell and fans are going to lose their minds in a bad way

Brian S I think would fall in between the last two

i agree with all accept the last one....WTF has Brian done to merit a HC job? He's called horrible games and has almost been fired twice. Outside of Cam Cameron he is the weakest candidate that has been mentioned...I would be PISSED BEYOND BELIEF if he was the choice.
        BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes

Comment

• Ebenezer
          Give me a minute...
          • Jul 2002

I'll understand if they don't get Shanny, Cowher, Billick caliber coaches...this team is a tough sell. I won't be happy but if they brought in a Shottzy, Sr. like candidate I think most fans will be ok. A proven, competent college HC will go over ok.

Anything resembling Gregg Williams or Mike Mularkey (aka "the next big coordinator that some people think might be a good head coach somebody if all the stars align and every player we sign turns out to be an all-star) then the fans will have justification.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Nighthawk
            Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
            • Jul 2002

It would be hard to take this team serious and to believe anything that comes out of their mouth if they end up hiring a first time, 70 year old GM and a rookie HC. That to me is a recipe for disaster.

Comment

• Nighthawk
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
              I'll understand if they don't get Shanny, Cowher, Billick caliber coaches...this team is a tough sell. I won't be happy but if they brought in a Shottzy, Sr. like candidate I think most fans will be ok. A proven, competent college HC will go over ok.

Anything resembling Gregg Williams or Mike Mularkey (aka "the next big coordinator that some people think might be a good head coach somebody if all the stars align and every player we sign turns out to be an all-star) then the fans will have justification.
              I would much rather have a proven college HC then a first time coordinator or assistant.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                • Feb 2005

I think RW needs to understand the cheap route is gonna get it done, we have suffered as a fanbase thru our walletts with his jokes in toronto and constant reports of moving the team
                I am a former season ticket holder, i went to a different away game every year for 12 yrs like many on here im a loyal bills fan who has sold out that stadium countless times

Get is some real pro personnel and a real Head Coach or bust for me, im sick of watching guys learn on the job or going bargain basement for a loser like Skeletor

RW needs to realize people are fed up and unfortunalty i dont think he cares at all he will die with his millions and then maybe we can get an owner in here who has a clue
                Billick and Cowher will not coach here probably cause of RW
                XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

If Nix hires a guy like Rivera, Grimm or even Frazier...I think that the only way to calm people down is if he fires BOTH John Guy and Tom Modrak and then hires a young up and comer to take over Modrak's position.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

Guys' not going to be back.

Modrak, I dunno

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Iehoshua
                      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Mikey82
                      If Nix hires a guy like Rivera, Grimm or even Frazier...I think that the only way to calm people down is if he fires BOTH John Guy and Tom Modrak and then hires a young up and comer to take over Modrak's position.
                      Firing Guy and/or Modrak wouldn't offset one of those coaching hires in my eyes.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                        Give me a minute...
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
                        that would placate fans for about five seconds...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Iehoshua
                          Firing Guy and/or Modrak wouldn't offset one of those coaching hires in my eyes.
                          I need PROOF that this team is actually committed to building a championship team and not continuing down the cheap route.

Comment

• The King
                            Without me it's just Awe so
                            • Jun 2004

Im ok with Rivera.
                            I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                            "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                            You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                            It was all
                            true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                            He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                            mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• trapezeus
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Oct 2004

i disagree with you Pat. Billick or Marty will NOT make me happy. that will be no consolation prize for me.

And I'd rather have Frazier, Niles and Daphne before Brian Schottenheimer steps foot in here.

IF the bills fail on Cowher, they aren't going to get me back unless they win games. I'll humbly apologize as being a fan who thought he was brighter than an NFL organization and I'll root them on. however, how can you blame me since i have been smarter than them for 10 years.

For me to come back and be the 24-7 bills fan, I'll need to see a 4-0 team next year without backing into wins. I want a team with a purpose and who executes. I am barely old enough to remember the scab game in 1987, but my dad tells me it was truly awful. I feel like this whole season has been a scab squad.

Otherwise, if they are 1-3 after 4 and are as bad or worse than last year, i'm not going to put my self through the misery that was this year. That was a one time deal only. i can't possibly subject myself to another year of weekly slaughterfests, with 1-4 decent plays a game. I just can't do it.

Also the Bills have to keep their eye on the Sabres. if the sabres go on a tear this year and win the cup, or miller brings home the gold....i think you are going to see a whole new malaise for the bills. The sabres fever of 2006-7 will kick into overdrive after crap head coach hire. People will skip getting season tickets and buy scalped sabre tickets and playoff tickets and merchandise.

The only way to cure it is to win. and to win, you can't hvae crappy coaching and subpar players. So it looks like we've hit a catch 22.

Comment

Working...
                              X