PDA

View Full Version : What is the minimum the Bills will have to do...

OpIv37
01-06-2010, 01:58 PM
...in order to avoid a fan revolt? If we end up with Frazier, Haslett, keeping Fewell, etc, after all this Cowher and Shanny talk, the fans are going to be pissed (and I'll be leading the charge).

So, since we're not getting Cowher, what's the minimum the Bills can do in order to keep the fans happy? I'm thinking it's got to be Billick or better.

patmoran2006
01-06-2010, 02:03 PM
Cowher would have fans out of their minds in a good way
Marty or Billick fans would be excited
I think Grimm or Rivera fans would not like but soon accept
Frazier or Fewell and fans are going to lose their minds in a bad way

Brian S I think would fall in between the last two

Italian Stallion
01-06-2010, 02:03 PM
I'm thinking it has to be Billick or maybe John Fox....other than that people will be searching for ledges.

Italian Stallion
01-06-2010, 02:05 PM

i agree with all accept the last one....WTF has Brian done to merit a HC job? He's called horrible games and has almost been fired twice. Outside of Cam Cameron he is the weakest candidate that has been mentioned...I would be PISSED BEYOND BELIEF if he was the choice.

Ebenezer
01-06-2010, 02:06 PM
I'll understand if they don't get Shanny, Cowher, Billick caliber coaches...this team is a tough sell. I won't be happy but if they brought in a Shottzy, Sr. like candidate I think most fans will be ok. A proven, competent college HC will go over ok.

Anything resembling Gregg Williams or Mike Mularkey (aka "the next big coordinator that some people think might be a good head coach somebody if all the stars align and every player we sign turns out to be an all-star) then the fans will have justification.

Nighthawk
01-06-2010, 02:06 PM
It would be hard to take this team serious and to believe anything that comes out of their mouth if they end up hiring a first time, 70 year old GM and a rookie HC. That to me is a recipe for disaster.

Nighthawk
01-06-2010, 02:07 PM
I'll understand if they don't get Shanny, Cowher, Billick caliber coaches...this team is a tough sell. I won't be happy but if they brought in a Shottzy, Sr. like candidate I think most fans will be ok. A proven, competent college HC will go over ok.

Anything resembling Gregg Williams or Mike Mularkey (aka "the next big coordinator that some people think might be a good head coach somebody if all the stars align and every player we sign turns out to be an all-star) then the fans will have justification.

I would much rather have a proven college HC then a first time coordinator or assistant.

bigbub2352
01-06-2010, 02:07 PM
I think RW needs to understand the cheap route is gonna get it done, we have suffered as a fanbase thru our walletts with his jokes in toronto and constant reports of moving the team
I am a former season ticket holder, i went to a different away game every year for 12 yrs like many on here im a loyal bills fan who has sold out that stadium countless times

Get is some real pro personnel and a real Head Coach or bust for me, im sick of watching guys learn on the job or going bargain basement for a loser like Skeletor

RW needs to realize people are fed up and unfortunalty i dont think he cares at all he will die with his millions and then maybe we can get an owner in here who has a clue
Billick and Cowher will not coach here probably cause of RW

Michael82
01-06-2010, 02:10 PM
If Nix hires a guy like Rivera, Grimm or even Frazier...I think that the only way to calm people down is if he fires BOTH John Guy and Tom Modrak and then hires a young up and comer to take over Modrak's position.

patmoran2006
01-06-2010, 02:11 PM
Guys' not going to be back.

Modrak, I dunno

Iehoshua
01-06-2010, 02:11 PM
If Nix hires a guy like Rivera, Grimm or even Frazier...I think that the only way to calm people down is if he fires BOTH John Guy and Tom Modrak and then hires a young up and comer to take over Modrak's position.
Firing Guy and/or Modrak wouldn't offset one of those coaching hires in my eyes.

Ebenezer
01-06-2010, 02:12 PM
that would placate fans for about five seconds...

Nighthawk
01-06-2010, 02:13 PM
Firing Guy and/or Modrak wouldn't offset one of those coaching hires in my eyes.

I need PROOF that this team is actually committed to building a championship team and not continuing down the cheap route.

The King
01-06-2010, 02:13 PM
Im ok with Rivera.

trapezeus
01-06-2010, 02:18 PM
i disagree with you Pat. Billick or Marty will NOT make me happy. that will be no consolation prize for me.

And I'd rather have Frazier, Niles and Daphne before Brian Schottenheimer steps foot in here.

IF the bills fail on Cowher, they aren't going to get me back unless they win games. I'll humbly apologize as being a fan who thought he was brighter than an NFL organization and I'll root them on. however, how can you blame me since i have been smarter than them for 10 years.

For me to come back and be the 24-7 bills fan, I'll need to see a 4-0 team next year without backing into wins. I want a team with a purpose and who executes. I am barely old enough to remember the scab game in 1987, but my dad tells me it was truly awful. I feel like this whole season has been a scab squad.

Otherwise, if they are 1-3 after 4 and are as bad or <gasp> worse than last year, i'm not going to put my self through the misery that was this year. That was a one time deal only. i can't possibly subject myself to another year of weekly slaughterfests, with 1-4 decent plays a game. I just can't do it.

Also the Bills have to keep their eye on the Sabres. if the sabres go on a tear this year and win the cup, or miller brings home the gold....i think you are going to see a whole new malaise for the bills. The sabres fever of 2006-7 will kick into overdrive after crap head coach hire. People will skip getting season tickets and buy scalped sabre tickets and playoff tickets and merchandise.

The only way to cure it is to win. and to win, you can't hvae crappy coaching and subpar players. So it looks like we've hit a catch 22.

Iehoshua
01-06-2010, 02:21 PM
Im ok with Rivera.
The only Rivera I'm okay with is Mariano.

Ebenezer
01-06-2010, 02:23 PM
The only Rivera I'm okay with is Mariano.
even I, the non-Yankee fan, agree with that.

jdbillsfan
01-06-2010, 03:04 PM

What about Harbaugh? Cameron? McDermott?

DraftBoy
01-06-2010, 03:26 PM
Im quite alright already. They have done what I wanted and gotten a true talent evaluator to be the GM.

Adding Frazier or Grimm would be icing on the cake for me.

Luisito23
01-06-2010, 03:32 PM
I think that the only way to calm people down is if he fires BOTH John Guy and Tom Modrak.

That should happen regardless!

BILLSROCK1212
01-06-2010, 03:33 PM
Draft a QB and a RB to start off the draft...that always gets fans excited.

Bone
01-06-2010, 03:34 PM
I just want to see whoever that is hired is pumped up and really wants to get the bills back to a playoff contender.

Dying_-2-_Live
01-06-2010, 03:35 PM
Draft a QB and a RB to start off the draft...that always gets fans excited.
Drafting a RB would piss me off beyond belief.
We have 2 very capable backs

Anything less than Cowher, Billick, or Shanny will make the majority of fans angry... However id be happy will someone like Grimm