PDA

View Full Version : What do other Bills fans think about Jason Campbell?

HopefulBillsFan
01-06-2010, 02:29 PM
He is supposed to be a FA at the end of the year considering Shanahan is likely to want his own QB that he buffered and polished himself..

I think if we were to bring in Campbell it gives us the opportunity to remain competitive next year between Campbell and Brohm leading the team and provides for a healthy training camp battle.

This would also allow for us to focus on the trenches and if we switch to a 3-4 we can work on that this year.. While if Campbell or Brohm fail to work out the NFL draft next year which will indeed be held will consist of Jake Locker who plays for Washington which is pretty much Buffalo on the Left Coast with more precipitation.

Locker is my favorite for that reason. He is not a Cali-Boy like Clausen or an arrogant douchebag like Clausen. Nor does he have a reason to cause me injury concerns considering our O-Line was terrible last year like Bradford.

Locker in '11!

Iehoshua
01-06-2010, 02:30 PM
What do other Bills fans think about Jason Campbell?
I don't.

Ebenezer
better than the four we currently have on the team.

Dr. Pepper
no want.

Iehoshua
01-06-2010, 02:31 PM
Not saying much, sadly.

Mahdi
01-06-2010, 02:31 PM
me, no.

Ron Burgundy
01-06-2010, 02:33 PM
I don't mind Campbell. He'll never be a superstar, but he could be servicable in the right situation. He's showed more than Edwards, certainly more than Fitz, and there's really not even a basis of comparison for a practice squadder like Brohm.

Pinkerton Security
01-06-2010, 02:37 PM
barely. However, at this point I am done with Trent and think Fitz is nothing but a backup...id rather not pick up another re-tread. As others have said, he'll never be a star, and at best is a decent starter. If we get him as a stop-gap and build up our lines, I'd be OK with that.

Yasgur's Farm
01-06-2010, 02:37 PM
I'd like him... But I'd also like to groom Brohm and a 3rd rounder.

Trouble is... With these CBA issues for 2010... He'll become a RFA. Assuming the Skins tender his ass... He'll cost us 1 or 2 draft picks depending on the tender.

DBrown77
01-06-2010, 02:38 PM
The jury is still out on Campbell. He has had a different coordinator every year he played so its hard to guage him at this point. I do think he is smart and will be slightly better than average if he can get comfotable with a coordinator or scheme.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-06-2010, 02:39 PM
GAG!

HopefulBillsFan
01-06-2010, 02:39 PM
I feel that all the switches that have taken place within his career has definitely damaged his progression. I would also feel safe to say the situation provided for him in Washington isn't playoff material. They struggle to develop players just like we do. All I'm saying is that in the right system I think Campbell could do work, and just in case he were to not work out then we have Locker to fall on.

Buckets
01-06-2010, 02:44 PM
Why wouldn't our new HC want his own QB to polish and whatever?

trapezeus
01-06-2010, 02:46 PM
I think Jason is a good guy.
I like Campbell's soup.

I have no desire for Jason Campbell to be on the 2010 bills in any fashion.

Prov401
01-06-2010, 02:47 PM
Cambell has progressed every single year in the NFL. He's had mediocre receivers, and a new OC every year he's been in the pros. Is he a superstar? No. But he can be our Kerry Collins for a year or two, while we groom Brohm, or somebody else on the bench.

HopefulBillsFan
01-06-2010, 02:48 PM
Why wouldn't our new HC want his own QB to polish and whatever?
Very good point.. But anyone that comes in here can see that we need help within the trenches.. We are a blue collar team.. the weather surely arrives in Buffalo, I think we could get by with putting this band-aid on the Bills for this year and getting the QB to polish next year.

pashi911
01-06-2010, 03:43 PM
Jason Campbell wouldn't even make the Argos. No thanks......

THATHURMANATOR
01-06-2010, 03:44 PM
He is Crap.

patmoran2006
01-06-2010, 03:45 PM
Shanny all but said today that Campbell will be his QB in 2010

which is good news for maybe a QB sliding down to Buffalo. I had Wash pegged at taking a QB for sure. But Shanny likes Campbell

TheBrownBear
01-06-2010, 04:04 PM
I think he could be about as good as say John Kitna was in his prime. Basically, plug him in on a real good team and he can probably get the job done. But he's not the type that's going to elevate a franchise by himself...obviously.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-06-2010, 04:36 PM
with the way the top 9 is looking im pretty sure buffalo is going to target either clausen or bradford, whoever they like the most and possibly move up to get him.... there are no good fa options, the bills are not going to give up a 1st for kolb and the only other option is to draft a possible franchise qb.... if bradford checks out medically, he should be the pick imo...

Ingtar33
01-06-2010, 04:53 PM

no.. i'd argue Trent Edwards is about the same as Campbell.

Demon
01-06-2010, 05:35 PM
The problem with Jason Campbell is this.

Mike Shanahan will look at tons of film and think very long and hard if Campbell is the right QB for him. If he is, Shanny will force Bruce Allen to re-sign him. If he isn't and hit's the market, then well, if he ain't good enough for Shanny then he ain't good enough for us.

PECKERWOOD
01-06-2010, 06:44 PM
He would be a great plan B, but not a very good plan A.

JPFBillsFan
01-06-2010, 06:45 PM
HECK NO TO Jason Campbell

Risin
01-06-2010, 06:52 PM
no.. i'd argue Trent Edwards is about the same as Campbell.

Trent couldn't carry Campbell's jock, are you kidding me?

JC is twice the QB Trent is, and that is sad, because Campbell is an average starting QB in this league.

Trent is an average backup, see the difference?

EDS
01-06-2010, 07:16 PM
If he is not good enough for Washington, not sure why he would be good enough for Buffalo. Sure he is better then what the Bills have now, but hopefully the franchise sets the bar higher.

patmoran2006
01-06-2010, 07:17 PM
Campbell staying in Washington could help the Bills prospects of one of the two QBs being there at 9.

Would love to see Seattle not dump Hasselbeck

Pinkerton Security
01-06-2010, 07:19 PM

JC is twice the QB Trent is, and that is sad, because Campbell is an average starting QB in this league.

wrong. Campbell isnt even better than JP.

Ingtar33
01-06-2010, 07:23 PM

Jason Campbell, highest QBR in career for a season 86.4
Trent Edwards, highest QBR in career for a season 85.4
JP Losman, highest QBR career for a season 84.9

looks like pretty much the same **** different name no matter how you shake it.

Gunzlingr
01-06-2010, 10:49 PM
Hell No!