PDA

View Full Version : According to the Cleveland Plain Dealer if John Fox goes to Celeveland...

don137
01-06-2010, 02:51 PM
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2010/01/holmgren_era_day_two_cleveland.html

In today's Cleveland Plain Dealer Tony Grossi wrote the following:

The national "insiders" are split on the validity of the John Fox-to-Cleveland rumor. Here's what I know:

1. Fox is "very interested" in the possibility, according to a league source.

2. Panthers owner Jerry Richardson would be willing to arrive at a contract settlement to get out of the $6 million owed Fox for the 2010 season.

3. Richardson, seeing a potential owners' lockout in 2011, would not replace Fox with Bill Cowher, but might promote from within.

If Fox leaves and the Panthers promote from within that would be huge. Problem is the Bills will most likely have to wait for Cowher to get confirmation the Panthers will not hire him.
My hunch is if the Panthers promote from within it would probably Assistant Head Coach Jim Skipper who actually lives the next street over from me.

don137
01-06-2010, 02:54 PM
Mods please delete this duplicate thread...Tried to correct the mis-spelling in the title and created two threads.

Mudflap1
01-06-2010, 02:54 PM
How do you know about #3? That would be quite possibly one of the biggest gaffes I could ever imagine. Get rid of Fox and hire Jim Skipper as head coach instead of Bill Cowher, who wants the job?

don137
01-06-2010, 02:56 PM
How do you know about #3? That would be quite possibly one of the biggest gaffes I could ever imagine. Get rid of Fox and hire Jim Skipper as head coach instead of Bill Cowher, who wants the job?
The writer wrote number 3. It's just my hunch it would be Skipper because he has filled in for Fox in the past when Fox missed a game due to a death in the family I think.