X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Buffalo Bills Coach Search: Pursuing Bill Cowher, Leslie Frazier

A source tells 2 On Your Side's Adam Benigni that the Buffalo Bills continue to pursue former Steelers Coach Bill Cowher to become the team's next head coach.

The revelation comes after reports that team management quietly met with Cowher last week. In recent days, speculation has grown that the Bills could potentially lure Cowher to Buffalo if owner Ralph Wilson makes Cowher a massive offer.

NFL.com writer Vic Carucci said, while it remains unlikely Cowher will land in Buffalo, it will not be for lack of effort by the Bills.

"I do know that the Bills have not let up in their pursuit and have tried very hard - and are trying very hard - to convince him to come to the Bills," Carucci said. "But based on everything I'm hearing, it's not necessarily [that] he sees [this] as something he wants to do".....

The Bills need to be granted permission by the Vikings before speaking with Frazier.

The source did not know how soon the interview would happen, but said it could be as early as Thursday.

"He is imminently qualified for the job," Carucci said of Frazier. "He has really earned his way through the league as an assistant coach, and he is one of the most highly-respected coordinators in the league."

• Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Re: Buffalo Bills Coach Search: Pursuing Bill Cowher, Leslie Frazier

I knew it. It explains why everything is so quiet. This team is trying very hard to convince Cowher to come here. I don't think it's Cowher that needs convincing. I'm betting it's his family.

Comment

• Nighthawk
      Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
      • Jul 2002

Ummm, how about blowing him out the water with an offer? Stop messing around and give him as much as it would take to get him to come here? He's more then just a coach, he instantly brings credibility to this team and that alone deserves a few million a year. I hate Frazier and B. Schottenheimer and would be disgusted if either one of them were hired. I'd much rather the Bills go after a proven college HC then go the coordinator route...that would at least give the perception of them trying to do things differently.

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

I'll take any ounce of spec that ties the BIlls into any hope of Cowher until the bitter end.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Slim
          • Apr 2004

And the billboard donations just skyrocketed...

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Nighthawk
            Ummm, how about blowing him out the water with an offer? Stop messing around and give him as much as it would take to get him to come here? He's more then just a coach, he instantly brings credibility to this team and that alone deserves a few million a year. I hate Frazier and B. Schottenheimer and would be disgusted if either one of them were hired. I'd much rather the Bills go after a proven college HC then go the coordinator route...that would at least give the perception of them trying to do things differently.
            thats what Im saying.
            Didnt Ralph say he was "committed to winning" and its "not about money"

How much more could he show he was committed by blowing Cowher out the water and luring him here.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Nighthawk
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
              I knew it. It explains why everything is so quiet. This team is trying very hard to convince Cowher to come here. I don't think it's Cowher that needs convincing. I'm betting it's his family.
              I think it is Ralph not willing to spend the money to get it done...money talks and there is obviously not enough on the table to get it done. Ralph simply needs to ask Cowher what amount it would take to get him to Buffalo and then say "done"...sign on the dotted line!

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                I agree. Instead of begging him, throw $10.5 million per year on the table. If he says no to that, go up to $11 million. If he still says no...start looking around for someone else on the list. Billick really seems interested...make him the 2nd choice.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
                  I agree. Instead of begging him, throw $10.5 million per year on the table. If he says no to that, go up to $11 million. If he still says no...start looking around for someone else on the list. Billick really seems interested...make him the 2nd choice.
                  I agree...if you can't get him, don't just accept mediocrity and hire a coordinator...try to get another guy who has won in this league and who would also bring credibility to the team. That person is Billick or Marty.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                    Give me a minute...
                    • Jul 2002

Does anybody see the contradictions in this thread?? As I said yesterday, if it is about money then the Bills are not serious about Cowher.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• zone
                      No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
                      • Oct 2003

I disagree, he was willing to spend $6 million on a risky situation with TO, marketing scheme or not.

Cowher is not a risk, he is instant credibility, marketing, and everything else this organization needs. There is no way he is not willing to pony up for that.

He said he was willing to do what ever it takes, if he wasn't willing to do that than he would just keep his mouth shut and continue the same old BS as in years past.

Ralph is willing to pay, make no mistake.
                      www.blzbus.com

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
                        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                        thats what Im saying.
                        Didnt Ralph say he was "committed to winning" and its "not about money"

How much more could he show he was committed by blowing Cowher out the water and luring him here.

Then please produce proof of what the Bills are actually offering Cowher rather than assuming he's being low-balled.

PTR
                        10 Commandments of the D
                        1. Never stop Rocking.
                        2. Legalize all drugs.
                        3. Quit your day job.
                        4. All Religion should be taxed.
                        5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
                        6. F**k her gently.
                        7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
                        8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
                        9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
                        10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
                          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                          Does anybody see the contradictions in this thread?? As I said yesterday, if it is about money then the Bills are not serious about Cowher.
                          Do you see the contradiction in your post? Cowher never said it's about money. Everyone assumes that it is. No one knows what the Bills are offering. The fact that Cowher is still listening suggests that it's in his ball park.

PTR
                          10 Commandments of the D
                          1. Never stop Rocking.
                          2. Legalize all drugs.
                          3. Quit your day job.
                          4. All Religion should be taxed.
                          5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
                          6. F**k her gently.
                          7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
                          8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
                          9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
                          10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                            Zero for Zero!
                            • Mar 2003

Chances are money has not been discussed yet.

If Cowher wants the job, I don't think money will be an issue.

If does not want the job, jacking up the salary won't help.
                            Originally posted by mysticsoto
                            Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Demon
                              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by PromoTheRobot
                              Do you see the contradiction in your post? Cowher never said it's about money. Everyone assumes that it is. No one knows what the Bills are offering. The fact that Cowher is still listening suggests that it's in his ball park.

PTR
                              Yeah... everyone said Washington needed to dump a truck load of cash at Shanahan to lure him, and that wasn't the case. Nobody really knows. There's so much more in minor details that we don't even know about, that it's pretty crazy to speculate.
                              Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

Working...
                              X