PDA

View Full Version : Peter King on PTI said..

T-Long
01-06-2010, 04:46 PM
He said Cowher, Marty, and Billick are not coming to Buffalo. He said the job has been devalued because of the hiring of Nix, Billick for sure is not involved, and it looks like a coordinator will get the job and he mentioned Brian Schotty.

Little chance Cowher to Carolina ever.

Nighthawk
01-06-2010, 04:48 PM
Not a Top 3 guy, job had been devalued, Billick NOT involved, maybe Brian Scottenheimer.

Ugh.

He said Cowher, Marty, and Billick are not coming to Buffalo. He said the job has been devalued because of the hiring of Nix, Billick for sure is not involved, and it looks like a coordinator will get the job and he mentioned Brian Schotty.

I will hate this organization if they go the cheap route again. This would not be the perception if Ralph was actually throwing out good offers to these top-tier guys. I think he is being cheap again!

patmoran2006
01-06-2010, 04:49 PM
While im like a yo yo getting yankes around with Cowher talk.

I put zero stock into what Peter King says.

Money can and will change everything

and the Bills havent even CALLED Billick so who cares what Brian wants.. And mutliple reports say the Bills and Cowher have had dialogue.

If Cowher had no interest he wouldnt even listen.

I dont beleive King at all

jdbillsfan
Why didn't he say Billick has been devalued? It's not like anyone is knocking down his door to come coach.

Schotty has retired, so it's basically Cowher that he is talking about? Give me a break.

Night Train
Saw that too.

King said one well known candidate told him they didn't like the Nix move.

Then he drops the Brain Schotty idea, much like Schefter did yesterday.

:rolleyes:

Mudflap1

Little chance Cowher to Carolina ever.

Unfortunately, this is probably the cold hard truth.

patmoran2006
01-06-2010, 04:50 PM
Sunday said there was no chance Cowher was coming here.

Today it was "not likely"

Nighthawk
01-06-2010, 04:50 PM
Saw that too.

This is very believable...the move looked amateurish.

patmoran2006
01-06-2010, 04:52 PM
Cowher is close to Marty S. and I'm positive Marty S gave him glowing reviews about Nix.

Maybe if the guy he talked to was the dickhead Billick, then yes I buy it.

But the Bills havent called him anyway.

Nighthawk
01-06-2010, 04:53 PM
Cowher is close to Marty S. and I'm positive Marty S gave him glowing reviews about Nix.

Maybe if the guy he talked to was the dickhead Billick, then yes I buy it.

But the Bills havent called him anyway.

Gruden may have been the other guy or Shanahan.

more cowbell
01-06-2010, 04:54 PM
It makes sense to me...

patmoran2006
01-06-2010, 04:55 PM
Gruden may have been the other guy or Shanahan.

Then yes possibly.. They wanted those guys and neither was interested.

But definitley not Billick.

Again, the Bills have had dialogue with Cowher more than once, and if Cowher was 100% not interested, he wouldnt talk to us.

Michael82
Wow....ESPN is really doing everything possible to rip the Bills and smash our dreams of getting Cowher or any former coach. It seems like it's personal with them. WTF! :mad:

BillsWin
King has slowly devolved into a putz.

Nighthawk
01-06-2010, 04:56 PM
Wow....ESPN is really doing everything possible to rip the Bills and smash our dreams of getting Cowher or any former coach. It seems like it's personal with them. WTF! :mad:

Until Ralph proves them wrong, they will continue and they will continue to be right...unfortunately!

patmoran2006
It doesnt take a genius to predict the Bills wont land Cowher.

HOnestly, I'm not even being blind on this. I just buy nothing from Peter King involving the Bills.

BillsWin
Besides, that was just his opinion. No facts, no sources, he's simply talking out of his ass like all the other "experts" and will continue to do so until Cowher himself makes a statement.

Night Train
01-06-2010, 04:57 PM
This is very believable...the move looked amateurish.

Absolutely.

And that's not even a knock personally towards Nix (who may be good short term) but perception that Ralph only wants inner circle people and not a fresh set of eyes (even though Nix wasn't here 2000-2008). A bigger name may wish to get rid of some cronies.

Ralph is seen as another Al Davis by many for good reason.

Ebenezer
01-06-2010, 04:58 PM
please list the redeeming qualities the Bills have right now.

BILLSROCK1212
01-06-2010, 04:59 PM
Saw that too.

Charlie Weiss most likely said that.

Mudflap1

Maybe we're all just getting our hopes up over nothing and it is the same old song and dance? After all, instead of hiring a young, up and coming first time GM, we hired an old first time GM. While Nix seems like he's been in some decent front offices, you have to wonder, why did it take him 70 years to get his first GM job?

I think everything Peter King said might just be spot on. Yes, Cowher talked to the Bills, but the Bills have such a bad reputation right now because of Ralph's slow degradation of the team. We have a ticket broker as the CEO. We have a 70 year old first time GM. We don't look like we know what we are doing. We have a small city that doesn't offer the same allure to free agents (and coaches) as some other cities. The weather can be rough. I'm sure the facilities aren't as up to date as other teams. What Buffalo has going for it is a strong and loyal fanbase and good people. That just may not be enough.

Michael82
King has slowly devolved into a putz.

slowly? Shirley Temple has always been a putz!

Ebenezer
01-06-2010, 05:01 PM
slowly? Shirley Temple has always been a putz!
Shirley Temple is one of the foremost recognized sports authors in the country and works for the biggest sports publication in the world.....you post on BillsZone.

It's amazing that people think these big name journalists (who actually have real degrees in the subject) get their jobs by winning the lottery or something.

Mr. Pink
01-06-2010, 05:02 PM
Does what Peter King said really surprise anyone?

Seriously?

Even with the rose petal glasses on and chugging the Kool Aid isn't what Peter King said still in the back of your mind?

trapezeus
01-06-2010, 05:02 PM
two weeks ago king is all over the cowher to buffalo move. King is who he always has been a not funny opinion piece writer who has some contacts with players. That one player is Brett Favre. Anything outside of Favre and the Patriots, and all of sudden he has limited knowledge.

He has bothered me all the time. I occassionally read his stuff because he has some good interviews on the record, but off the record, the guy is like Ray Charles in an Irish pub. Watch out for the stray darts!

Michael82
01-06-2010, 05:06 PM
two weeks ago king is all over the cowher to buffalo move. King is who he always has been a not funny opinion piece writer who has some contacts with players. That one player is Brett Favre. Anything outside of Favre and the Patriots, and all of sudden he has limited knowledge.

He has bothered me all the time. I occassionally read his stuff because he has some good interviews on the record, but off the record, the guy is like Ray Charles in an Irish pub. Watch out for the stray darts!

Remember when we would all go around and call him Shirley Temple? I agree with you. The guy gets on my nerves too. Him and Clayton just annoy the hell out of me. I'd love to punch both of them in the face.

jdbillsfan
01-06-2010, 05:08 PM
please list the redeeming qualities the Bills have right now.

NFL Franchise with a head coaching opportunity.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-06-2010, 05:10 PM
how is the nix hire devaluing the coach job?

Demon
01-06-2010, 05:11 PM

Seriously?

Even with the rose petal glasses on and chugging the Kool Aid isn't what Peter King said still in the back of your mind?

Yeah seriously. There is nothing out there that could make us think that what he said is wrong.

Mudflap1
01-06-2010, 05:11 PM

Seriously?

Exactly, well said.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-06-2010, 05:13 PM
i just watched the peter king talk too, he had no sources and was speculating like everyone on this issue of cowher and the bills. bottom line nobody knows whats going on with the bills hc search... this is what we know so far.

the bills have had talks with cowher

the bills will interview frazier 2mor and rivera on friday..

until there is actual confirmation then all of this is specualtion... what does this mean, well espn like always hates buffalo and doesnt want us on the map... the same thing with TO coming to buffalo, nobody on espn wanted it to happen and clayton , mort and peter king had no info....

if u want the truth, im guessing right now the bills are keeping their options open with the rivera and frazier interviews and are giving cowher until sometime next week to make a decision....

Mudflap1
01-06-2010, 05:13 PM

He is a 70 year first time GM. Granted, he has been in some good front offices, but why has it taken him so long to be a GM? He also got promoted from scout over Tom Modrak and John Guy, who he reported to. It's just kind of a weird move if you look at it from an outside perspective.

Demon
01-06-2010, 05:14 PM

Who wants to come and work with a first time GM.... who's 70 years old?!?!

Nighthawk
01-06-2010, 05:15 PM

And it smells of the same old thing from this organization...it is pretty pathetic and I knew that you would start to see stories like this.

Ebenezer
01-06-2010, 05:17 PM
And it smells of the same old thing from this organization...it is pretty pathetic and I knew that you would start to see stories like this.
I personally think we are settling into Shottzy, Rivera or Frazier.

Notice that Guy and Modrak have not been fired yet...they are hedging that they can't get somebody big.

Demon
01-06-2010, 05:19 PM

Yeah same here but the last few days i fell for it again. All the people kept saying what a respectable guy Nix is and all that. I just don't buy it. He may be respected by people he's worked with due to his drafts but as a GM? He may be way over his head here.

The ESPN report said BILLS flew to Carolina to meet with Cowher... they said it was Brandon and Wilson. No mention of Nix. I wonder why, the obvious may be because he wasn't the GM yet but come on, he must have been in the inner circle for days prior to the announcement. You'd think they would involve him.

Demon
01-06-2010, 05:21 PM
I personally think we are settling into Shottzy, Rivera or Frazier.

Notice that Guy and Modrak have not been fired yet...they are hedging that they can't get somebody big.

I think they will interview a few others losers. Cam Cameron. The DC from Philly. They will call as many cheap guys as possible.

Mudflap1
01-06-2010, 05:22 PM

And his boss (CEO) is a ticket broker!

Mudflap1
01-06-2010, 05:24 PM
I think they will interview a few others losers. Cam Cameron. The DC from Philly. They will call as many cheap guys as possible.

McDermott from Philly would be the death knell fo rme as a fan. That guy did an OK job this year, but is waaaaay far off from being qualified to be a head coach. He was OK with a talented team.

Jeff1220
01-06-2010, 06:05 PM
Unfortunately Peter King is a guy who does have contacts and credibility. He doesn't get a lot of scoops, but there's no question that the guy is connected when it comes to getting the details on the scoop.
I will hate it if they hire another scrub coordinator.

Aliceinchainsbills15
01-06-2010, 06:07 PM
Until it's offical from,One Bills Drive, i'm not believing a darn thing what these so called "experts" think. No proven source other then they know a person or canidate completely indicates that they are making their own assumption to spice things up.

patmoran2006
01-06-2010, 06:12 PM
i just watched the peter king talk too, he had no sources and was speculating like everyone on this issue of cowher and the bills. bottom line nobody knows whats going on with the bills hc search... this is what we know so far.

the bills have had talks with cowher

the bills will interview frazier 2mor and rivera on friday..

until there is actual confirmation then all of this is specualtion... what does this mean, well espn like always hates buffalo and doesnt want us on the map... the same thing with TO coming to buffalo, nobody on espn wanted it to happen and clayton , mort and peter king had no info....

if u want the truth, im guessing right now the bills are keeping their options open with the rivera and frazier interviews and are giving cowher until sometime next week to make a decision....

If Cowher is a legit candidate they'll give him more time than that.

Prov401
01-06-2010, 06:17 PM
Ron Rivera is going to be the next coach of the Buffalo Bills.

Michael82
01-06-2010, 06:18 PM
Ron Rivera is going to be the next coach of the Buffalo Bills.

I still prefer Cowher or Billick, but we could do worse than Rivera. :up:

mark1126
01-06-2010, 06:28 PM
the bills press conference with nix looked like a skit on saturday night live, it was embarassing, think about it..who in their right mind would want to be affiliated with those clowns? ralph is out of touch completely with reality due to his age..actually felt sorry for him..I doubt even fewell would accept the job...thats the reality...face it or be totally let down

ddaryl
01-06-2010, 07:35 PM
the guy is like Ray Charles in an Irish pub. Watch out for the stray darts!

that's funny

HHURRICANE
01-06-2010, 07:41 PM
I will hate this organization if they go the cheap route again. This would not be the perception if Ralph was actually throwing out good offers to these top-tier guys. I think he is being cheap again!

Yep. Funny how people call me negative for predicting the obvious.

Seriously, we didn't see this coming??

Can I pull out my "blame the FO" thread from last February?

It's going to be Shottenheimer Jr. or maybe Harbaugh.

Nix is 70 so he'll be able to do his old buddy Marty a solid by hiring his kid.

Nice job on that GM Ralphy. Peter King basically called the Nix hiring a complete downgrade on the coaching job.

EDS
01-06-2010, 07:47 PM
Unfortunately Peter King is a guy who does have contacts and credibility. He doesn't get a lot of scoops, but there's no question that the guy is connected when it comes to getting the details on the scoop.
I will hate it if they hire another scrub coordinator.

True. Peter King can call most of these guys on their cell phone and they will actually take the call, or at least return it. That is something.

patmoran2006
01-06-2010, 08:09 PM
Yep. Funny how people call me negative for predicting the obvious.

Seriously, we didn't see this coming??

Can I pull out my "blame the FO" thread from last February?

It's going to be Shottenheimer Jr. or maybe Harbaugh.

Nix is 70 so he'll be able to do his old buddy Marty a solid by hiring his kid.

Nice job on that GM Ralphy. Peter King basically called the Nix hiring a complete downgrade on the coaching job.

I wouldnt hate the hiring of Harbaugh

YardRat
01-06-2010, 08:13 PM
This is the same Peter King that 'hinted' that Jon Gruden was in line for Washington and that Shanahan would end up with the Redskins in the same column.

HHURRICANE
01-06-2010, 08:32 PM
I wouldnt hate the hiring of Harbaugh

Yes Harbaugh is a better canidate but that's like asking me if I'd rather be stabbed or shot.