PDA

View Full Version : How much does Russ Brandon make?

Mudflap1
01-06-2010, 06:43 PM
Brandon is the CEO of a billion dollar company right now (and is not qualified). What is this guy making now? Millions? I would like to know this. I think the fans should know this. If the coaches make millions, Russ Brandon must be making millions. He is their boss, after all. Wouldn't it tick us all off if this guy was making $5M - $10M a year or something?

Weren't the reports that Ralph was willing to spend $10M on a coach/GM. Well, now Russ is promoted. I'm sure he's taking some money out of the kitty that was lined up for Nix and the new coach. How much is Russ Brandon scalping off of us fans?

Novacane
01-06-2010, 06:49 PM
He works for Ralph. It can't be that much

Pinkerton Security
01-06-2010, 06:51 PM
I wouldnt doubt if he made near a mill or 2...not much more than that. Shouldnt they need to report that though? I'ma do 5 mins of research at halftime of Cuse game..

Mudflap1
01-06-2010, 06:52 PM
Russ Brandon is the CEO. Jauron was making $3M. JAURON! Do we think the CEO of this team is making less than what Jauron was making? I'm thinking $5M, which is outrageous. What are his credentials? He was the ticket boy?

Night Train
01-06-2010, 06:56 PM
$23 an hour, plus 2 books of S&H green stamps per quarter.

Pinkerton Security
01-06-2010, 06:57 PM
according to the Bloomberg.com, the average salary for a CEO of an NFL team is around 1 million. I was thinking they need to disclose this data to the public but since they're not (at least 99.999999% sure they're not?) a publicly traded company, I dont think they need to.

Novacane
01-06-2010, 07:03 PM
No way it's 5 mill. Not even close

Mudflap1
01-06-2010, 07:04 PM
So Mike Holmgren and Bill Parcells are making $1 million per year? I don't think so. Not doubting you looking it up, I just think Brandon is quietly becoming a rich man by getting promoted and screwing us fans year in and year out. And we're not holding him accountable enough.

Pinkerton Security
01-06-2010, 07:08 PM
So Mike Holmgren and Bill Parcells are making $1 million per year? I don't think so. Not doubting you looking it up, I just think Brandon is quietly becoming a rich man by getting promoted and screwing us fans year in and year out. And we're not holding him accountable enough.

No, they're not CEOs, they're GMs. However, I guess Brandon was our quasi-GM and COO at the same time, so who knows what he is making. I want his ass gone, but I guess we could do worse as a CEO goes...he seems to be a good business-side guy.

Demon
01-06-2010, 07:09 PM

I read somewhere Holmgren is making $10 million per.

Novacane
01-06-2010, 07:11 PM

Those guys are the exeptions to the rule. Brandon has no background building a football team. CEO is just a title.

Mudflap1
01-06-2010, 07:12 PM
No, they're not CEOs, they're GMs. However, I guess Brandon was our quasi-GM and COO at the same time, so who knows what he is making. I want his ass gone, but I guess we could do worse as a CEO goes...he seems to be a good business-side guy.

Who is worse out there?

Pinkerton Security
01-06-2010, 07:13 PM
Who is worse out there?
lol good point, idk. but now that he has much less say in football operations, he can stick to what he knows, the business and marketing stuff.

Mudflap1
01-06-2010, 07:18 PM
lol good point, idk. but now that he has much less say in football operations, he can stick to what he knows, the business and marketing stuff.

How can you say he has less say in football operations? He got promoted to CEO, flew to NC to meet with Bill Cowher, flew to Minnesota to meet with Leslie Frazier, flew to Colorado to meet one on one with Mike Shanahan, and flew to Miami to whisk away Terrell Owens. He's not batting a good percentage right now in terms of delivering anything but hot air for this franchise. Those are a lot of big names, and all but T.O. have categorically rejected the Bills so far. The only reason T.O. came was because nobody wanted him. Russ is the face of the Buffalo Bills right now. What has he done for the fans to earn a promotion to CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER after a 6-10 season with high expectations?

Pinkerton Security
01-06-2010, 07:23 PM
How can you say he has less say in football operations? He got promoted to CEO, flew to NC to meet with Bill Cowher, flew to Minnesota to meet with Leslie Frazier, flew to Colorado to meet one on one with Mike Shanahan, and flew to Miami to whisk away Terrell Owens. He's not batting a good percentage right now in terms of delivering anything but hot air for this franchise. Those are a lot of big names, and all but T.O. have categorically rejected the Bills so far. The only reason T.O. came was because nobody wanted him. Russ is the face of the Buffalo Bills right now. What has he done for the fans to earn a promotion to CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER after a 6-10 season with high expectations?

all im saying is in terms of football decisions, GM has more say than CEO. Of course the CEO is gonna have say, but last year he alone was making decisions he had no right making, hes a business guy, not a football guy.

Mudflap1
01-06-2010, 07:24 PM
all im saying is in terms of football decisions, GM has more say than CEO. Of course the CEO is gonna have say, but last year he alone was making decisions he had no right making, hes a business guy, not a football guy.

He was the ticketing manager a couple of years ago. Let's not overestimate his capabilities. He literally called here personally for season ticket sales.

HHURRICANE
01-06-2010, 07:32 PM
Brandon is the CEO of a billion dollar company right now (and is not qualified). What is this guy making now? Millions? I would like to know this. I think the fans should know this. If the coaches make millions, Russ Brandon must be making millions. He is their boss, after all. Wouldn't it tick us all off if this guy was making $5M - $10M a year or something?

Weren't the reports that Ralph was willing to spend $10M on a coach/GM. Well, now Russ is promoted. I'm sure he's taking some money out of the kitty that was lined up for Nix and the new coach. How much is Russ Brandon scalping off of us fans?

I seriously believe it's less than 1 million a year.

YardRat
01-06-2010, 07:46 PM
Brandon is doing his job, the part that he is qualified for, just fine.

Demon
01-06-2010, 07:49 PM
Brandon is doing his job, the part that he is qualified for, just fine.

I think one of his jobs was to interview GMs.... and, he couldn't even bring one in for an interview besides John Guy, Tom Modrak and Buddy Nix. I wouldn't call that a total success.

Tiburon1724
01-06-2010, 08:19 PM
Everyone hates on Brandon so much, I think he's definitely qualified, considering Nix has all the football duties. Brandon's been great at marketing the team and such...can't tell me he hasn't moved seats during tough times, and helped the franchise long term with moves like Rochester training camp.

jimbohastle51
01-06-2010, 10:51 PM
all i know is you have to kiss some serious @$$ to get promoted when the team regresses under your control.

soapman
01-06-2010, 10:59 PM
Minimum wage

PECKERWOOD
01-07-2010, 12:07 AM
He probably brings in 500k a year, plus whatever investments he has going on.