PDA

View Full Version : Word on the street is Frazier's for real

patmoran2006
01-06-2010, 06:55 PM
OK, well maybe not on the street. But it is via Jay Glazer.

"no, Frazier is not just a Rooney Rule guy, he is a VERY legitimate candidate. He commands the room, very good coach. VERY VERY LEGIT!"

NOT THE DUDE...
01-06-2010, 06:57 PM
another thing i like about frazier is he likes big massive 2 gap dts... and big linebackers... he prefers a big front seven and then a secondary with a cover 2 scheme..

Michael82
01-06-2010, 06:58 PM
I don't mind Frazier...but he's definitely not top on my list. The good thing is that we might have to wait a while (and choose to go with someone else) because the Vikings may go far in the playoffs.

SpillerThrills
01-06-2010, 06:59 PM
and maybe Frazier could bring someone like Jarred Allen with him!

patmoran2006
01-06-2010, 06:59 PM
another thing i like about frazier is he likes big massive 2 gap dts... and big linebackers... he prefers a big front seven and then a secondary with a cover 2 scheme..

he aint bringing **** with him from Minnesota, sadly.

I'll take Frazier if he brings Kevin WIlliams with him

Demon
01-06-2010, 07:00 PM

"no, Frazier is not just a Rooney Rule guy, he is a VERY legitimate candidate. He commands the room, very good coach. VERY VERY LEGIT!"

But, thats common sense. Rooney Rule was over when we talked with Fewell for 4 hours. They are legit in hearing what Frazier has to say. And i think Glazer is just pointing that out because i'm sure many people tweeted him asking if this is rooney rule interview.

patmoran2006
I don't mind Frazier...but he's definitely not top on my list. The good thing is that we might have to wait a while (and choose to go with someone else) because the Vikings may go far in the playoffs.

Conceivably, they can hire him tomorrow night and he'd finish out the season in Minnesota.

But that's not going to happen.

I still dont think he's the guy, and if he is, there's no way they hire him without at least 2 more interviews

PECKERWOOD
I remember fans talking about Frazier as being a legitimate head coaching candidate last year, and whoever told me that was obviously right. Pittsburgh plucked Mike Tomlin from Minnesota and Frazier replaced him, maybe we can copy an elite franchise and pluck away Frazier from them too? Just saying, if we're going with an unproven candidate/coordinator at head coach, Frazier is a very nice option, maybe even our best option.

Demon
01-06-2010, 07:01 PM

The same thing Mike Tomlin has in Minnesota? Riiight.

patmoran2006
01-06-2010, 07:01 PM
But, thats common sense. Rooney Rule was over when we talked with Fewell for 4 hours. They are legit in hearing what Frazier has to say. And i think Glazer is just pointing that out because i'm sure many people tweeted him asking if this is rooney rule interview.

For sure.

But he went out of the way, even in twitter caps to say he's very legit.

Night Train
01-06-2010, 07:04 PM
The Rooney Rule was over when they interviewed John Guy for the GM position. It applies to Coach or GM, according to the local news.

Demon
01-06-2010, 07:07 PM
For sure.

But he went out of the way, even in twitter caps to say he's very legit.

Honestly, i don't think he knows anything more then just that it's more then a rooney rule type interview. I could be wrong, i don't know Jay Glazer on a personal level, but i'd be shocked if i was wrong.

Mudflap1
01-06-2010, 07:09 PM
So we are already at the point in the offseason where we are rationalizing and talking ourselves into the retreads on the coaching hire list? We are early this year...

Besides MAYBE Cleveland, right now there is NO COMPETITION to snatch a head coach. Buffalo is the only vacancy right now. We're still getting turned down by all of the best candidates.

patmoran2006
01-06-2010, 07:10 PM
Honestly, i don't think he knows anything more then just that it's more then a rooney rule type interview. I could be wrong, i don't know Jay Glazer on a personal level, but i'd be shocked if i was wrong.

Actually, he doesnt get the hype, but Glazer is the best of ALL the insiders "IMO". He gets more scoops than anyone, he just doesnt tweet a billion times per day like Schefter.

And he's obviously connected with someone with the BIlls (T.O. is one Im sure) Hes the one who fired up the Bills fired their coaches reports and then when the Bills tried to spin it he called them out with details only a real insider would know.

if Glazer said "Joe Blow" will be the next Bills coach without having "rumor" written in it, I'll believe him 10 of 10 times

Mudflap1
01-06-2010, 07:11 PM
Jay Glazer is a bookie. He knows how to find some gossip, but he doesn't know squat about being an analyst or NFL coaching expert.

patmoran2006
01-06-2010, 07:12 PM
Jay Glazer is a bookie. He knows how to find some gossip, but he doesn't know squat about being an analyst or NFL coaching expert.

I could care less how much he knows about football.

He breaks stories better than anybody

Demon
01-06-2010, 07:13 PM
Actually, he doesnt get the hype, but Glazer is the best of ALL the insiders "IMO". He gets more scoops than anyone, he just doesnt tweet a billion times per day like Schefter.

And he's obviously connected with someone with the BIlls (T.O. is one Im sure) Hes the one who fired up the Bills fired their coaches reports and then when the Bills tried to spin it he called them out with details only a real insider would know.

if Glazer said "Joe Blow" will be the next Bills coach without having "rumor" written in it, I'll believe him 10 of 10 times

Jay Glazer is great, i know. I never said he wasn't. Still, i don't think he knows more then anyone else. Frazier is a true candidate to be next Bills coach. Isn't that obvious? Bills are flying to interview with him for a reason. They will have 5-6 legit guys, all have the same chance. Only one will get the job.

PECKERWOOD
Isn't it funny how all "insiders" are never willing to go out on a limb? Every single bit of information these "insiders" have made have ALL been rumors. There has been so much spam on these boards the last few days, I understand the need for speculation, but stop putting so much weight on absolutely nothing.

patmoran2006
So we are already at the point in the offseason where we are rationalizing and talking ourselves into the retreads on the coaching hire list? We are early this year...

Besides MAYBE Cleveland, right now there is NO COMPETITION to snatch a head coach. Buffalo is the only vacancy right now. We're still getting turned down by all of the best candidates.

I think with the wrong hire Ralph underestimes that plummet of ticket sales that will happen.

then again, maybe he dont care.. He'll hold fans hostage for it, just like he did with the box suites when Doug Flutie in many ways saved the franchise.

Mudflap1
01-06-2010, 07:14 PM
I could care less how much he knows about football.

He breaks stories better than anybody

That's my point Pat. I agree he can break a story and get a scoop. But the point of this thread was that Jay Glazer said Leslie Frazier is the real deal. Maybe he is, who knows. But what makes Jay Glazer qualified to say Leslie Frazier is the real deal? He's an NFL gossip columnist/bookie/meathead. He's like the Hedda Hopper of the NFL.

patmoran2006
01-06-2010, 07:16 PM
That's my point Pat. I agree he can break a story and get a scoop. But the point of this thread was that Jay Glazer said Leslie Frazier is the real deal. Maybe he is, who knows. But what makes Jay Glazer qualified to say Leslie Frazier is the real deal? He's an NFL gossip columnist/bookie/meathead. He's like the Hedda Hopper of the NFL.

I could've taken it wrong, but I thought he meant legit as in he's a legit candidate, not a legit coach.

PECKERWOOD
01-06-2010, 07:20 PM
I could've taken it wrong, but I thought he meant legit as in he's a legit candidate, not a legit coach.

He is speaking the obvious, which demonstrates zero inside knowledge. It's obvious that he is a legitimate candidate and not an attempt at fulfilling the Rooney rule because we already interviewed Perry Fewell. Any football fan with half a brain understands this, now please stop the speculative spam.

Mudflap1
01-06-2010, 07:20 PM

This is what Glazer said.

Demon
01-06-2010, 07:22 PM
^^ yeah, via twitter.

TigerJ
01-06-2010, 07:32 PM
It's looking as if the best bet for a new coach is probably a defensive coordinator. Both Frazier and Rivera sound like top notch guys. I just hope whoever it ends up being has great connections for identifying a top notch offensive coordinator.

HHURRICANE
01-06-2010, 07:36 PM

A guy that has Williams, Allen, Winfield.... Like I said I can coach that D. Can we get the Vikings GM because he's the guy we should have gone after.

Nighthawk
01-06-2010, 07:40 PM
Dick Jauron Jr...no thanks.

patmoran2006
01-06-2010, 08:08 PM
As far as Im concerned there has been 2 Bills newsworthy stories this week.

1- Staff got fired

2- Frazier will get interviewed tomorrow and Nix is in Minnesota now.

Guess who was the first to report BOTH OF THEM??

Jay Glazer.

He's piped in somewhere inside the Bills, there's not a doubt in the world about it

FlyingDutchman
01-06-2010, 08:12 PM
if we bring in anyone like Frazier or Rivera for HC i pray we bring in Martz for OC

patmoran2006
01-06-2010, 08:18 PM
if we bring in anyone like Frazier or Rivera for HC i pray we bring in Martz for OC

I would highly doubt Martz's offensive philosophy is a match for either of those guys.

Demon
01-06-2010, 08:31 PM

There you go thinking optimistic again. You have to think of someone desperate and cheap.

Ron Turner.

k-oneputt
01-06-2010, 08:33 PM
Geezzus I can see it now. It's the same bs we have seen for the last dozen years. New coach, no head coaching experience, learning on the run, and feeling his way.

k-oneputt
01-06-2010, 08:36 PM
Ron Turner would be about the Bills speed. Another terrible cordinator who should have been out of the league years ago.

Yeah that would be great, Frazier/Turner. And another for years of 6-10.

Rinse and repeat.

realdealryan
01-06-2010, 08:36 PM
A

Jay Glazer.

He's piped in somewhere inside the Bills, there's not a doubt in the world about it

He's getting his info from Joe Logan

elltrain22
01-06-2010, 08:37 PM
Championship!!!

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

elltrain22
01-06-2010, 08:39 PM
Only thing that I know that is legit about Frazier, is he is legitimately cheap!! Which suites Ralph, b/c he's a cheap SOB!!

I want Cowher!!!:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

The Spaz
01-06-2010, 08:44 PM
I don't have a problem with Frazier as coach.

patmoran2006
01-06-2010, 08:46 PM
He's getting his info from Joe Logan

LOL

that dude is out there.

Aliceinchainsbills15
01-06-2010, 09:03 PM
We need an offensive minded coach rather than a def minded coach at this point...no offence to any of the Frazier believers

jimbohastle51
01-06-2010, 10:38 PM
i will throw up if he gets the job. seriously, you can not sell me on a guy who couldnt succeed till the biggest defensive payroll was assembled. and further more the Bills are in no position to hire ANOTHER first time HC. i understand they can do as they choose but if people actually buy tickets if he is hired after the nix hire than all it does is say yes ralph mediocrity is ok with us cause we just love football. i really hope frazier or rivera are not hired

Mudflap1
01-07-2010, 01:55 AM
As far as Im concerned there has been 2 Bills newsworthy stories this week.

1- Staff got fired

2- Frazier will get interviewed tomorrow and Nix is in Minnesota now.

Jay Glazer.

Alright Pat, I'll play along. We agree Glazer is a good guy for scoops. If Glazer is the most connected guy to the Bills with the big networks right now, to my recollection he also has not gone on the record as saying Cowher will not come to Buffalo, or Cowher will stay out of coaching for another year, which a lot of the other guys (Schefter, King, etc.) have done. I have not heard him say much about Cowher for a few days, other than confirming there was a stealth meeting.

DraftBoy
01-07-2010, 07:47 AM
Id love to hire Frazier! He's exactly the kind of guy this franchise needs!

patmoran2006
01-07-2010, 07:51 AM
Id love to hire Frazier! He's exactly the kind of guy this franchise needs!

I'll play along. Why?

He may turn out to be the next Dungy. But on the surface, I don't see why.

He's not experienced, and he's not an offensive guy either. And from all reports, he's very soft spoken and what Bills fans know as the dreaded "players coach"

I'm not going to hate on him or your answer, I just want to know why you think that, and not the "he should get a shot" answer.

Ralph is too old to give young people "shots"

k-oneputt
01-07-2010, 07:59 AM
Yeah another inexperienced first timer. No thanks on Frazier.