PDA

View Full Version : I am going to be completely honest

more cowbell
01-06-2010, 07:37 PM
I know he was promoted into the DC role in Minn. after Tomlin got the job with the steelers. I do know he has a very good defense, mostly because he has an excelent defensive line.

What I don't know is...what kind of schemes does he run the cover 2?

also, what are his mannerisms like? is he a quiet but "wise" man like Jauron supossely was? Is he an emotional, players coach like Mike Tomlin? Is he a general type like Bill Parcells?

In my opinion we could hire a lot worse than him, BUT the last thing this team needs is another Jauron type coach on the sidelines...if this guy is like that then god help us

Dude
01-06-2010, 07:58 PM
He was the DC in Cincinnati a few years ago before getting canned. I think he was Marvin Lewis's first DC, IIRC. The defense completely sucked when he was running it. Take that with a grain of salt, it being the Bengals and all ...

Typ0
01-06-2010, 08:02 PM
No matter any information about the coaches available I see it like this...it's a done deal. Nix has been hired. The coach that's hired is going to be philosophically in line with Nix. So the philosophy the team is going to take next year has now been set even though we might not know much about what it is. That's why people have said the Nix hire has depleted the coaching search a bit.

It's not a bad thing as long as they can find a coach that is in line with Nix philosophy. If they can't then we're just going to keep on sucking because these guys have to be in tune with each other to have success. However, no matter who it is or what their success was in the past, if they tune in as a management group they can be successful.

Demon
01-06-2010, 08:02 PM
The dude took over a system started by Mike Tomlin and kept going with it. He has a star loaded roster on defense on top of that. And he's calmer then Dick Jauron.

The guy is a disaster. I think i'd like almost ANY other candidate then Frazier. Even Cam Cameron!