PDA

View Full Version : Joe Logan Twitter

buffalochip92
01-06-2010, 09:47 PM
"Cowher OK with what the BIlls will offer Salary wise, but looking for commitment from RB for player budget. "

Wow, dont f this up russ!!

realdealryan
01-06-2010, 09:49 PM
http://twitter.com/LoganInEA/status/7465721157

But...wtf

***and why is his profile photo all photoshop'd N stuff?

buffalochip92
http://twitter.com/LoganInEA

Slim
http://twitter.com/LoganInEA

"Cowher OK with what the BIlls will offer Salary wise, but looking for commitment from RB for player budget."

Slim
01-06-2010, 09:50 PM
Erase my thread.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-06-2010, 09:50 PM
if this is true then brandon better promise him the dadgum moon

buffalochip92
01-06-2010, 09:52 PM
is it possible that the plane had cowher on it? idk, but this makes it interesting...

patmoran2006
01-06-2010, 09:52 PM
OK. lets relax for a second.

I am NOT sold on this Joe Logan guy, and trust me I have very good reason.

Slim
01-06-2010, 09:53 PM

Color me skeptical.

patmoran2006
01-06-2010, 09:55 PM
Color me skeptical.

About him or about what im telling you?

k-oneputt
If this is actually true, which I highly doubt, it should be a done deal then.
What are they gonna do, pay him big money then tie one hand behind his back ? Give him whatever he wants. Really what does Ralph care at this point in his life ? Go for it .

Demon

Why?

IDK why he would be pulling our chains like this? He reported the rumor of Cowher coming to town, and then when everyone and their mothers called BS, he made another post saying he sticks with his sources. Kinda like Sal said. It's interesting to say the least.

buffalochip92
01-06-2010, 09:56 PM
patmoran, what news do you have on joe logan that makes him skeptical?

Slim
01-06-2010, 09:56 PM
About him or about what im telling you?

Joe Logan.

BillsWin
01-06-2010, 09:57 PM
Even though its probably just a crazy Bills fan, my pants just got shorter...

BILLSROCK1212
01-06-2010, 09:57 PM

Is this confidential?? I mean the guy clearly could have a motive to bring people to his website or cause or w.e it is he mainly does, but I don't think this guy is a fool.

camelcowboy
01-06-2010, 09:58 PM

How does this random Joe have cowher insider info. I wonder as well.

mackey789
01-06-2010, 09:59 PM
Who are your connections Pat? What makes you more credible than him? Even Thurman Thomas disputes your reports from his own Twitter. I am going with this guy this time.

Demon
01-06-2010, 09:59 PM
He doesn't run a sports site. It makes no sense why he would do this. He's into politics and loves East Aurora more then anything. lol

He must have some kind of a source within the Bills. How in the world did he know about coaches getting fired at 6am????? Jay Glazer reported it at like 10am.

BILLSROCK1212
01-06-2010, 10:01 PM
He doesn't run a sports site. It makes no sense why he would do this. He's into politics and loves East Aurora more then anything. lol

He must have some kind of a source within the Bills. How in the world did he know about coaches getting fired at 6am????? Jay Glazer reported it at like 10am.
when you're into politics you build all sorts of connections

patmoran2006
01-06-2010, 10:01 PM
I have nothing against Joe Logan at all, and don't know him personally.

patmoran2006
01-06-2010, 10:02 PM
Who are your connections Pat? What makes you more credible than him? Even Thurman Thomas disputes your reports from his own Twitter. I am going with this guy this time.

1- I NEVER said Joe Logan is WRONG, that is not my issue right now.

2- Thurman disputed my What??????

Demon
I have nothing against Joe Logan at all, and don't know him personally.

You said you had a "very good reason" why not to believe him. Not knowing him, is a very poor reason.

Slim
Isn't some of the Bills brass in Minnesota? The same people who hire coaches.

Demon
01-06-2010, 10:04 PM
New tweet by our friend Joe. He's calling BS on Adam Schefter.

When i first checked his twitter, he had 21 followers. He's at 30 now. Bet he's at 100 by breakfast.

patmoran2006
01-06-2010, 10:06 PM
How does this random Joe have cowher insider info. I wonder as well.

It's possible he does.. Again, you dont have to be a NFL insider to have sources on a specific topic.

Anyone remember when Jauron got fired? Remember when I screenshot the email with timeshot that Jeff Nixon (who also happens to do a column for BSD) emailed me more than 90 minutes before ANYONE reported it, and my computer was down.

And remember I showed the screenshot in the thread as proof?

Point being, a "nobody" can break a story under the right circumstances

Demon
01-06-2010, 10:08 PM
Pat, the thing i'm wondering, he must have sources right? He reported Bills fired their entire staff at 6am the day when they did it. You don't just wake up and make something like that up. He's proved to be right.

This is so weird.

Michael82
01-06-2010, 10:08 PM
So basically they have an agreement on the contract price, which means Ralph must have offered some big bucks. But now Cowher wants to make sure that Ralph won't do what he did last year and get rid of both starting OTs to save money. I'm betting this will be the end of the cash to the cap if Russ Brandon and Buddy Nix can convince Ralph to give Cowher whatever he wants budget wise!

patmoran2006
01-06-2010, 10:10 PM
You said you had a "very good reason" why not to believe him. Not knowing him, is a very poor reason.

Because he's been very evasive about being contacted and answering questions.. I never met a reporter in my life (sports or anything) who breaks a huge story and doesnt want to promote themselves or the topic for their business.

And I know I'm not the only one who's tried to contact him.

There's also an issue over a Ustream show last night that lasted all of 2 minutes.

I cant get into details because I do not want to slam a guy I don't know. Nobody hopes he's being straight up more than me, umm I have a Cowher BLLBOARD going on my publication!

Again, details I dont want to get into publicly because there is unanswered stuff.

But until its resolved color my skeptical. And AGAIN, dont get me wrong. Hopefully after I talk to this man he can be Captain America to Bills fans.

You don't think Im rooting for the little guy to shove it up ESPN's Ass??

soapman
01-06-2010, 10:10 PM
Pat check your email....

Michael82
01-06-2010, 10:11 PM
BTW....Guess who lives in East Aurora?

That's right...Jim Kelly himself! Maybe he is friends with this guy or something.

BILLSROCK1212
01-06-2010, 10:12 PM
Because he's been very evasive about being contacted and answering questions.. I never met a reporter in my life (sports or anything) who breaks a huge story and doesnt want to promote themselves or the topic for their business.

There's also an issue over a Ustream show last night that lasted all of 2 minutes.

I cant get into details because I do not want to slam a guy I don't know. Nobody hopes he's being straight up more than me, umm I have a Cowher BLLBOARD going on my publication!

Again, details I dont want to get into publicly because there is unanswered stuff.

But until its resolved color my skeptical. And AGAIN, dont get me wrong. Hopefully after I talk to this man he can be Captain America to Bills fans.

good man, just don't forget....East Aura is his priority so if you want an interview, it's gotta include both

gil
01-06-2010, 10:13 PM
When I first saw the thread title I was wondering why the hell Joe Rogan would be tweeting about the Bills.

Anyway, there's no way this can be true - happy to be wrong of course, but I am not getting my hopes up.

patmoran2006
01-06-2010, 10:14 PM
Pat, the thing i'm wondering, he must have sources right? He reported Bills fired their entire staff at 6am the day when they did it. You don't just wake up and make something like that up. He's proved to be right.

This is so weird.

thats assuming the time stamp wasn't manipulated, right?

Its not like ESPN or even a smaller site like BSD.. If I put that out there SOMEONE on a board would pick it up . But East Aurora.org, nobody even heard of it, it could've been manipulated easily. Remember now? In the original report Cowher was spelled wrong as Sal pointed out. That afternoon, it was corrected.

I am NOT saying that happened either, it IS VERY POSSIBLE he does have a legit source and got tipped.. Hell, I hope he did.

Again, there are details in terms of communication and confirmation I dont want to get into right now, because it would make him come off a certain way and that's not fair to a man I do not know.

and for the record, I do not disqualify him from having legit sources.

Demon
01-06-2010, 10:14 PM

For gods sake Pat, i ain't arguing you, i just wanted to know if maybe there is a reason that you know that he is playing a massive prank on the fans. That would be horse **** if he was.

The prank would be stupid because he reported something that NOBODY knew HOURS before anyone else. That's the crazy part. I just think he knows something, but wants to keep his life private, doesn't want to be in the spotlight but wants his 15 seconds of fame from family, friends and people who he cares about... aka people in politics because isn't he all into politics and all? I don't think he's doing this for people like us, but for his owe fame for his friends/family.

Very weird though. Idk what to believe.

Demon
01-06-2010, 10:16 PM
BTW....Guess who lives in East Aurora?

That's right...Jim Kelly himself! Maybe he is friends with this guy or something.

And Steve Tasker. Who could talk to Jimbo who in return could talk to Joe Logan.

patmoran2006
01-06-2010, 10:18 PM
For gods sake Pat, i ain't arguing you, i just wanted to know if maybe there is a reason that you know that he is playing a massive prank on the fans. That would be horse **** if he was.

The prank would be stupid because he reported something that NOBODY knew HOURS before anyone else. That's the crazy part. I just think he knows something, but wants to keep his life private, doesn't want to be in the spotlight but wants his 15 seconds of fame from family, friends and people who he cares about... aka people in politics because isn't he all into politics and all? I don't think he's doing this for people like us, but for his owe fame for his friends/family.

Very weird though. Idk what to believe.

What you said, is exactly what I fear as well, its why I've attmped to get a hold of him. Why he emailed me back but then things fell apart from there, twice.. in my effort to speak with him.

And he had a USTREAM show last night, Bills fans flamed it and was off air within 2 minutes.

I am tyring to help the man and I cant emphasize enough I'm ROOTING for him to be legit. It would be the story of the decade, and a no-name site breaking it.. The ultimate stick it up ESPN's ass.

But the way he's ducking is reason to be VERY skeptical right now.

realdealryan
01-06-2010, 10:19 PM
And Steve Tasker. Who could talk to Jimbo who in return could talk to Joe Logan.

Tasker is more plugged in than Kelly? That's the chain-of-info?

Slim
01-06-2010, 10:19 PM
This is weird time of the night to break this story too...

mikemac2001
01-06-2010, 10:20 PM
http://www.hornblasters.com/images/celebrity/rogan_1_s.jpg

he has inside info?

Michael82
01-06-2010, 10:20 PM
Hmmm, this is very interesting. Maybe he does know someone high up. But I was wondering if something was up today.

The way this post was worded makes a lot of sense and I'm also putting some pieces of the puzzle from today together now....

This post from Chris Brown...

http://boards.buffalobills.com/showpost.php?p=3312182&postcount=29

We knew two certain members of the front office were leaving town today for "business" but we're not at liberty to be the source of that info. Just know when we do report stuff it's legit. That's the best I can do.

Then earlier today, people on TwoBillsDrive, BB.com and even here have been following a plane, it's really small. but it still could have just carried Brandon and Nix. Look at where this plane traveled today... I know that Hickory, NC is far away from Cowher, but it is a half hour away from Marty Schottenheimer. Maybe they picked up Marty and then drove to talk meet with Cowher? :idunno:

<TABLE border=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #fae051" class=smallActiverow1Hover onmouseover="this.className='smallActiverow1Hover';" onmouseout="this.className='smallActiverow1';" onclick="location.href='/live/flight/N88GW/history/20100107/0210Z/KHKY/KBUF';"><TD noWrap>06-Jan-2010 (http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N88GW/history/20100107/0210Z/KHKY/KBUF) </TD><TD>C441/G</TD><TD>Hickory Rgnl (KHKY (http://flightaware.com/live/airport/KHKY))</TD><TD>Buffalo Niagara Intl (KBUF (http://flightaware.com/live/airport/KBUF))</TD><TD>08:56PM EST</TD><TD>10:42PM EST</TD><TD>1:46</TD></TR><TR class=smallActiverow2 onmouseover="this.className='smallActiverow2Hover';" onmouseout="this.className='smallActiverow2';" onclick="location.href='/live/flight/N88GW/history/20100106/1940Z/KBUF/KHKY';"><TD noWrap>06-Jan-2010 (http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N88GW/history/20100106/1940Z/KBUF/KHKY) </TD><TD>C441/G</TD><TD>Buffalo Niagara Intl (KBUF (http://flightaware.com/live/airport/KBUF))</TD><TD>Hickory Rgnl (KHKY (http://flightaware.com/live/airport/KHKY))</TD><TD>02:22PM EST</TD><TD>04:00PM EST</TD><TD>1:38</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Coach Sal
01-06-2010, 10:22 PM
If this guy is puling a prank, something tells me there will be trouble brewing in East Aurora tomorrow.

I have no idea if he's right or not. I hope so.

But he can always claim, "RB never gave the commitment" if he's not legit and just trying to get hits.

Just like people claimed I could have just stated "the Bills screwed up" if Cowher said he wasn't interested.

mikemac2001
01-06-2010, 10:22 PM
http://www.hornblasters.com/images/celebrity/rogan_1_s.jpg

he broke the inside info?

Demon
01-06-2010, 10:23 PM
Tasker is more plugged in than Kelly? That's the chain-of-info?

lol no

Kelly talks to Ralph.... then talks to Tasker.... who then talks to Logan.

The Quebecer
01-06-2010, 10:24 PM
Maybe Cowher was really in Buffalo yesterday/today and took that flight to get get back home with Nix & Brandon on board... ?

Michael82
01-06-2010, 10:24 PM
This is weird time of the night to break this story too...

yeah it is...but that plane that some people were watching just arrived back in Buffalo at 10:42pm.

Coach Sal
01-06-2010, 10:25 PM
I am never ready to simply dismiss almost anyone who claims they have "inside info" or "know someone."

The way I look at it is if someone like me can make the connections I've made in my young life, certainly others can, too.

And why is his pic photoshopped on his twitter account?

This stuff is very crazy.

patmoran2006
IF Joe Logan is legit he should have nothing to hide fielding a few questions, correct?

And Im not talking about divulging sources. Nobody should ever have to do that.

k-oneputt
Maybe Joe Logan was also on that flight. Maybe Joe is the pilot.

realdealryan
01-06-2010, 10:26 PM
Mikey-

Interesting speculation -

Do you know where Cowher lives?

Demon
01-06-2010, 10:27 PM
If this guy is puling a prank, something tells me there will be trouble brewing in East Aurora tomorrow.

I have no idea if he's right or not. I hope so.

But he can always claim, "RB never gave the commitment" if he's not legit and just trying to get hits.

Just like people claimed I could have just stated "the Bills screwed up" if Cowher said he wasn't interested.

How do you explain the firing the coaches news though?

Coach Sal
IF Joe Logan is legit he should have nothing to hide fielding a few questions, correct?

If he was like that with you (says he wil talk then never shows or gives wrong number, etc.).......then you have every reason to be skeptical.

TrEd FTW

Some people would rather not be bothered.

Coach Sal
01-06-2010, 10:28 PM
How do you explain the firing the coaches news though?

I can't.

I'm the one that started the thread pointing it out, remember? I gave him props first here on the board.

But there's always the possibility that the time stamp was not correct. Whether on purpose or not....that stuff can happen.

soapman
01-06-2010, 10:29 PM
If he was like that with you (says he wil talk then never shows or gives wrong number, etc.).......then you have every reason to be skeptical.BURN!

realdealryan
01-06-2010, 10:29 PM
Some people would rather not be bothered.

then why break the news?

NOT THE DUDE...
01-06-2010, 10:33 PM
if russ brandon can deliver bill cowher, i dont want to hear **** about how russ brandon isnt a good marketer... this guy has brought in to and marcus stroud now he might bring us the best coach in football, bottom line, he does a great job at selling the buffalo bills...

Demon
01-06-2010, 10:34 PM
then why break the news?

To look cool to friends, co-workers, people in the know in East Aurura and for his 15 seconds of fame.

Coach Sal
01-06-2010, 10:35 PM

North Raleigh.

Oops. I shouldn't know that, should I. ;)

k-oneputt
01-06-2010, 10:36 PM
if russ brandon can deliver bill cowher, i dont want to hear **** about how russ brandon isnt a good marketer... this guy has brought in to and marcus stroud now he might bring us the best coach in football, bottom line, he does a great job at selling the buffalo bills...

That's all fine and great but T.O. wasn't exactly in high demand, and if he had any part in drafting Maybin......
But if he lands Cowher then we'll talk about Russ and his great job.

Michael82
01-06-2010, 10:37 PM
Mikey-

Interesting speculation -

Yeah...someone posted his address on BB.com He lives in Raleigh.

The Spaz
01-06-2010, 10:38 PM
This guy is a fake IMO.

patmoran2006
01-06-2010, 10:39 PM
To look cool to friends, co-workers, people in the know in East Aurura and for his 15 seconds of fame.

he's not representing a little personal blog.

He's representing a small community's government website.

That's the official East Aurora.org website

I got his number from a Town Trustee to begin with yesterday

Demon
01-06-2010, 10:43 PM
he's not representing a little personal blog.

He's representing a small community's government website.

That's the official East Aurora.org website

I got his number from a Town Trustee to begin with yesterday

I didn't know that was the official web site. lol That makes it even weirder.

realdealryan
01-06-2010, 10:44 PM
North Raleigh.

Oops. I shouldn't know that, should I. ;)

That's a few hours from Hickory. That doesn't seem to add up with any Cowher contact unless he was there shopping for furniture.

FlyingDutchman
01-06-2010, 10:47 PM
Hmmm, this is very interesting. Maybe he does know someone high up. But I was wondering if something was up today.

The way this post was worded makes a lot of sense and I'm also putting some pieces of the puzzle from today together now....

Then earlier today, people on TwoBillsDrive, BB.com and even here have been following a plane, it's really small. but it still could have just carried Brandon and Nix. Look at where this plane traveled today... I know that Hickory, NC is far away from Cowher, but it is a half hour away from Marty Schottenheimer. Maybe they picked up Marty and then drove to talk meet with Cowher? :idunno:

<TABLE cellPadding=2 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR class=smallActiverow1Hover onmouseover="this.className='smallActiverow1Hover';" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #fae051" onclick="location.href='/live/flight/N88GW/history/20100107/0210Z/KHKY/KBUF';" onmouseout="this.className='smallActiverow1';"><TD noWrap>06-Jan-2010 (http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N88GW/history/20100107/0210Z/KHKY/KBUF) </TD><TD>C441/G</TD><TD>Hickory Rgnl (KHKY (http://flightaware.com/live/airport/KHKY))</TD><TD>Buffalo Niagara Intl (KBUF (http://flightaware.com/live/airport/KBUF))</TD><TD>08:56PM EST</TD><TD>10:42PM EST</TD><TD>1:46</TD></TR><TR class=smallActiverow2 onmouseover="this.className='smallActiverow2Hover';" onclick="location.href='/live/flight/N88GW/history/20100106/1940Z/KBUF/KHKY';" onmouseout="this.className='smallActiverow2';"><TD noWrap>06-Jan-2010 (http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N88GW/history/20100106/1940Z/KBUF/KHKY) </TD><TD>C441/G</TD><TD>Buffalo Niagara Intl (KBUF (http://flightaware.com/live/airport/KBUF))</TD><TD>Hickory Rgnl (KHKY (http://flightaware.com/live/airport/KHKY))</TD><TD>02:22PM EST</TD><TD>04:00PM EST</TD><TD>1:38</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

i wouldnt put too much stock into this, hickory is a small town about an hour or so north of charlotte. i cant imagine anyone of importance would live there

BILLSROCK1212
01-06-2010, 10:48 PM
billboard between Cowher's house and the airport...lets go Pat!!

patmoran2006
01-06-2010, 10:50 PM
I didn't know that was the official web site. lol That makes it even weirder.

LOL. .Im an investigative reporter by nature-- a hack one- but one nontheless

http://www.eastaurora.org/article.aspx?artno=1228

There is no contact numbers on there, I literally called the East Aurora Gov't town building and spoke to 2 Trustees to track down his number.

Once his entry made PFT I knew it was going to blow up, and it did. I wanted comment from him and to know a little more about his background.

Some say thats intrusive, but when you break news that tens of thousands bills fans are going to see, I think they deserve to know a little bit more about the person who puts it out.

FlyingDutchman
01-06-2010, 10:50 PM
That's a few hours from Hickory. That doesn't seem to add up with any Cowher contact unless he was there shopping for furniture.

exactly, thats like flying into syracuse airport to go to a meeting in buffalo, there are way better options to get to raliegh if thats where they were going...

patmoran2006
01-06-2010, 10:52 PM
well, lets just all hope that since we have no good Cowher spec or rumors out there, that this is accurate.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-06-2010, 10:53 PM
exactly, thats like flying into syracuse airport to go to a meeting in buffalo, there are way better options to get to raliegh if thats where they were going...

They might want to keep it stealthy and that is why they landed in small rural town. Easier to keep it on the down low, idk

Michael82
01-06-2010, 10:55 PM
They might want to keep it stealthy and that is why they landed in small rural town. Easier to keep it on the down low, idk

hmmm...interesting....

jdbillsfan
01-06-2010, 10:56 PM
He posted this too:

"Adam_Schefter says Cowher walking dog to satisfy his contention that Cowher decided to go back to the studio next year. Nice try Scheff.."

Throne Logic
01-06-2010, 10:59 PM
It is entirely possible that Cowher was in Hickory on a brief vacation before the playoffs. Perhaps there is a lovely little B & B there he and the wife like to visit. Who the heck knows why, but it's certainly feasible.

It's as simple Cowher saying, "Look guys, I'm trying to get a bit of R&R in before the playoff push at CBS. But if you wanna fly down here to Hickory, I'll give you an hour."

Michael82
01-06-2010, 11:00 PM
It is entirely possible that Cowher was in Hickory on a brief vacation before the playoffs. Perhaps there is a lovely little B & B there he and the wife like to visit. Who the heck knows why, but it's certainly feasible.

It's as simple Cowher saying, "Look guys, I'm trying to get a bit of R&R in before the playoff push at CBS. But if you wanna fly down here to Hickory, I'll give you an hour."

That's another idea. And that plane was there for most of the day.

FlyingDutchman
01-06-2010, 11:02 PM

LOL I love my fellow bills fans, we dont give up

realdealryan
01-06-2010, 11:02 PM

I don't even remember what Nix looks like, let alone some dude in North Carolina. And they could have landed in Greensboro or some other smaller city to avoid Raleigh and still be much closer.

And they're not exactly taxiing up to the terminal and walking down to pick up their luggage with regular air travelers.

patmoran2006
01-06-2010, 11:03 PM
I'm not going to think too much about airplane speculation, I personally think thats a little looney.

But IF this Joe Logan guy didnt manipulate the time stamp on his report Monday and if his first report about the Bills staff truly was the first report.

Then I think some stock should be put into his Cowher tweets tonight.

patmoran2006
01-06-2010, 11:04 PM
I don't even remember what Nix looks like, let alone some dude in North Carolina. And they could have landed in Greensboro or some other smaller city to avoid Raleigh and still be much closer.

And they're not exactly taxiing up to the terminal and walking down to pick up their luggage with regular air travelers.

If Cowher met with Nix or Brandon today, SOMEONE woudl've spotted them. and I dont know they'd keep it a big secret either.

You'd WANt Bills fans to know you're pursuing Bill Cowher

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-06-2010, 11:07 PM
http://www.bbonline.com/nc/hickory.html

I think I see cowher in one of the windows?

Demon
01-06-2010, 11:08 PM
If Cowher met with Nix or Brandon today, SOMEONE woudl've spotted them. and I dont know they'd keep it a big secret either.

Why would someone have to have spotted them? Bills keep everything a secret. It's the mastermind Russ Brandon at work.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
if cowher takes the job there will be no CBS playoff push to prep for

Michael82

Supposedly they already met once before...we never knew then.

realdealryan
01-06-2010, 11:09 PM

If you are the Bills do you really want to reveal your full mancrush on Bill Cowher (if it exists)? Or do you make the right overtures but keep the lid on it since failure is likely?

Okay, this is officially ****ed. I'm sitting here after midnight on a Wednesday pondering whether or not the Bills would or would not want to fully divulge their interest in a candidate that is potentially out of reach. 9 months before our next regular season game. It's time to go to sleep.

Michael82
01-06-2010, 11:09 PM
Why would someone have to have spotted them? Bills keep everything a secret. It's the mastermind Russ Brandon at work.

Exactly. I could see Brandon wearing a disguise just so no one knows.

Throne Logic
01-06-2010, 11:11 PM

Not necessarily true. If I were Cowher, I'd want it kept quiet. For that matter, if I were his current employer, I'd tell him to keep it quiet. He has to get in front of the camera quite a bit over the next few weeks and focus on his current job. This would be a major distraction.

So, all those involved from the Bills end may simply be following Cowher's request to keep things quiet.

WagonCircler
01-06-2010, 11:11 PM

<TABLE border=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #fae051" class=smallActiverow1Hover onmouseover="this.className='smallActiverow1Hover';" onmouseout="this.className='smallActiverow1';" onclick="location.href='/live/flight/N88GW/history/20100107/0210Z/KHKY/KBUF';"><TD noWrap>06-Jan-2010 (http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N88GW/history/20100107/0210Z/KHKY/KBUF) </TD><TD>C441/G</TD><TD>Hickory Rgnl (KHKY (http://flightaware.com/live/airport/KHKY))</TD><TD>Buffalo Niagara Intl (KBUF (http://flightaware.com/live/airport/KBUF))</TD><TD>08:56PM EST</TD><TD>10:42PM EST</TD><TD>1:46</TD></TR><TR class=smallActiverow2 onmouseover="this.className='smallActiverow2Hover';" onmouseout="this.className='smallActiverow2';" onclick="location.href='/live/flight/N88GW/history/20100106/1940Z/KBUF/KHKY';"><TD noWrap>06-Jan-2010 (http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N88GW/history/20100106/1940Z/KBUF/KHKY) </TD><TD>C441/G</TD><TD>Buffalo Niagara Intl (KBUF (http://flightaware.com/live/airport/KBUF))</TD><TD>Hickory Rgnl (KHKY (http://flightaware.com/live/airport/KHKY))</TD><TD>02:22PM EST</TD><TD>04:00PM EST</TD><TD>1:38</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I don't think it would be a stretch to assume that Bill Cowher wouldn't drive an hour to meet them in Hickory. If he's being so difficult that he's making Buddy & Russ come right to his house, well, that's not a good sign.

To me, it makes perfect sense for Cowher to drive to a place like Hickory, especially if he wants to keep the meeting on the down-low.

There's about $50 MIL at stake. An hour drive is no big deal.

And a meetup at Marty's house to keep things really quiet makes even more sense.

Michael82
01-06-2010, 11:12 PM
I gotta get to bed too. But before they do...I want to ask you people what you think about the tweet itself...

"Cowher OK with what the BIlls will offer Salary wise, but looking for commitment from RB for player budget.

So...we got a agreement on the contract price. But Cowher wants the Bills to scrap cash to the cap? Or is he just asking for a set amount that he would be able to use to build the roster? Either way...Nix better tell Ralph to say yes. We'll give you whatever you need!

Throne Logic
01-06-2010, 11:12 PM
Okay, this is officially ****ed. I'm sitting here after midnight on a Wednesday pondering whether or not the Bills would or would not want to fully divulge their interest in a candidate that is potentially out of reach. 9 months before our next regular season game. It's time to go to sleep.

Heh. This was exactly what I was just thinking. Ha!

Talk about desperation for some positive news. . .

realdealryan
01-06-2010, 11:13 PM
I don't think it would be a stretch to assume that Bill Cowher wouldn't drive an hour to meet them in Hickory. If he's being so difficult that he's making Buddy & Russ come right to his house, well, that's not a good sign.

To me, it makes perfect sense for Cowher to drive to a place like Hickory, especially if he wants to keep the meeting on the down-low.

And a meetup at Marty's house to keep things really quiet makes even more sense.
3 hours. Overkill with several small & large airports that are closer, too.

And then as I'm typing that- I like the idea of meeting at Marty's house with all of their working histories........

Michael82
01-06-2010, 11:14 PM

Exactly! I don't know why...but I think the Hickory idea was so they can meet up with Marty. :up:

WagonCircler
I can't.

I'm the one that started the thread pointing it out, remember? I gave him props first here on the board.

But there's always the possibility that the time stamp was not correct. Whether on purpose or not....that stuff can happen.

Or maybe he broke the story and his source got pissed off about it and cut him off.

The possibilities are endless.

patmoran2006
I gotta get to bed too. But before they do...I want to ask you people what you think about the tweet itself...

So...we got a agreement on the contract price. But Cowher wants the Bills to scrap cash to the cap? Or is he just asking for a set amount that he would be able to use to build the roster? Either way...Nix better tell Ralph to say yes. We'll give you whatever you need!

Sorry, but until I speak to this Mr Logan I dont believe anything. He's writing outlandish things to make hundreds of Bills fans nuts and then is nowhere to be found to respond to any questions, from anyone.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-06-2010, 11:15 PM
The poor sap who ACTUALLY WAS in that plane has no idea he is being tracked by the Al-Qaeda of football fans: the psychos of BillsZone
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

FlyingDutchman
01-06-2010, 11:15 PM

its pretty far man, way more than an hour its almost across the state. i can understand keeping it quiet but this would be ridiculous imo to go through all of this to meet. if they were that bugged out, they would do a phone conference and not act like theyre selling nuclear secrets to north korea

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-06-2010, 11:17 PM
crazy there is like100 people on this thread now :)

realdealryan
ICowher wants the Bills to scrap cash to the cap? Or is he just asking for a set amount that he would be able to use to build the roster?

I would guess that he'd want to know that he wouldn't be ultimately limited by the 'cash-to-the-cap program' but I'm assuming he's more interested in what will happen when the cap and revenue-sharing go away....

Ferrygoat
Exactly. I could see Brandon wearing a disguise just so no one knows.
I dont think anyone outside of buffalo would recognize brandon or nix anyways

realdealryan
crazy there is like100 people on this thread now :)

likely Joe Logan as well

Throne Logic
01-06-2010, 11:18 PM
Um, folks. Cowher doesn't bag groceries for $8 / hr. I'm quite certain he could afford to grab a puddle jumper from home to Hickory. Assuming he wasn't already there for some other reason.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-06-2010, 11:20 PM
Guys... I just wanted to let you know that it was a joke by a member on BB.com

He's known as Jax and apparently he was having a bit of fun with Bills Fans

HAHAAHAHAHAHA and we took it hook line and sinker

we are a bunch of wankers :)

Michael82
The poor sap who ACTUALLY WAS in that plane has no idea he is being tracked by the Al-Qaeda of football fans: the psychos of BillsZone
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

and twobillsdrive and buffalo range and bb.com

Dying_-2-_Live
This hurts :( how harsh

Demon
01-06-2010, 11:21 PM
Guys... I just wanted to let you know that it was a joke by a member on BB.com

He's known as Jax and apparently he was having a bit of fun with Bills Fans

What was a joke? This Joe Logan stuff?

Dying_-2-_Live
01-06-2010, 11:23 PM
NEVERMIND... I guess the Logan stuff is still "real" But jax had reported Cowher signed a 5 yr deal, which obviously is untrue

patmoran2006
01-06-2010, 11:25 PM
Let see if Logan has the gonads to put his tweet info into a East Aurora report tomorrow.

If he doesnt, then he's definitely full of it.

Throne Logic
01-06-2010, 11:26 PM
Has anyone considered that perhaps Logan is a bogus twit and that the hot plane of the day was actually carrying RB down to meet specifically with Marty to talk him out of retirement? No Cowher involvement what-so-ever?

realdealryan
01-06-2010, 11:28 PM
Has anyone considered that perhaps Logan is a bogus twit and that the hot plane of the day was actually carrying RB down to meet specifically with Marty to talk him out of retirement? No Cowher involvement what-so-ever?

Yeah. But that is a lot less interesting. Like my sock laundry.

Throne Logic
01-06-2010, 11:31 PM
Yeah. But that is a lot less interesting. Like my sock laundry.

heh. agreed.

Weren't we going to bed 30 minutes ago.

What makes this crap so addictive?

It's not like any major information break is going to come out at 12:30 AM. . .

Demon
01-06-2010, 11:32 PM

Yeah, but, if he's doing a prank, it might cost his job you would think. He's all into politics and i would guess something like this would not go over well with the people on East Aurora. And how in the world did he guess the coaches getting fired. lol

Typ0
01-06-2010, 11:35 PM
I wish I could remember from where but I think I know this Joe Logan person.

Raptor
01-06-2010, 11:38 PM
The only thing that leads me to believe there is some truth to it is how specific he is on what the hold up is. It seems like what he is saying could be a legit hold up to this deal

"Cowher OK with what the BIlls will offer Salary wise, but looking for commitment from RB for player budget."

Doesnt seem like a statement someone would just pull straight out of there ass. Either he put some thought into it and is really ***** with us or as crazy as it sounds he's telling the truth

Demon
01-06-2010, 11:39 PM
Funniest part is, we're all here at 12:30am debating if this Joe Logan guy is real or not and if this is a prank or not, then we'll all sleep in tomorrow and miss the mega announcement of Cowher getting hired. LOL

Throne Logic
01-06-2010, 11:39 PM
Yeah, but, if he's doing a prank, it might cost his job you would think. He's all into politics and i would guess something like this would not go over well with the people on East Aurora. And how in the world did he guess the coaches getting fired. lol

Well, I would think that publishing anything on the official government site that is out of the "normal business" realm of the East Aurora government might lead to the same issues. . .

And another thing. Why does everyone find this so odd that he could "guess" that the coaching staff would be fired? Is there a person posting on this board that could not have "guessed" that? If I were going to gamble posting something that would hopefully come true in regards to the Buffalo Bills following the conclusion of the season, it would have been that the coaching staff would be fired. Not a big stretch on that one.

Throne Logic
01-06-2010, 11:40 PM
Funniest part is, we're all here at 12:30am debating if this Joe Logan guy is real or not and if this is a prank or not, then we'll all sleep in tomorrow and miss the mega announcement of Cowher getting hired. LOL

LOL

TrEd FTW
01-06-2010, 11:40 PM
The only thing that leads me to believe there is some truth to it is how specific he is on what the hold up is. It seems like what he is saying could be a legit hold up to this deal

Doesnt seem like a statement someone would just pull straight out of there ass. Either he put some thought into it and is really ***** with us or as crazy as it sounds he's telling the truth

Agreed. The specificity is the one thing giving me hope, especially because Logan didn't even know how to spell "Cowher" yesterday.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-06-2010, 11:43 PM
yeah but NOONE guesses the WHOLE STAFF gets whacked

Demon
01-06-2010, 11:44 PM
Well, I would think that publishing anything on the official government site that is out of the "normal business" realm of the East Aurora government might lead to the same issues. . .

And another thing. Why does everyone find this so odd that he could "guess" that the coaching staff would be fired? Is there a person posting on this board that could not have "guessed" that? If I were going to gamble posting something that would hopefully come true in regards to the Buffalo Bills following the conclusion of the season, it would have been that the coaching staff would be fired. Not a big stretch on that one.

C'mon man. You could have guessed the morning of at 6:30am that Bills were going to fire their ENTIRE staff? I don't buy it. At 6:30am, it shows me the dude woke up to an e-mail or a text message from a source, made coffee and wrote the story.

If you wake up at 6:30am and start BS rumors up as a prank, if thats the kind of personality you have then god bless you my man.

patmoran2006
01-06-2010, 11:46 PM
C'mon man. You could have guessed the morning of at 6:30am that Bills were going to fire their ENTIRE staff? I don't buy it. At 6:30am, it shows me the dude woke up to an e-mail or a text message from a source, made coffee and wrote the story.

If you wake up at 6:30am and start BS rumors up as a prank, if thats the kind of personality you have then god bless you my man.

The issue is nobody read his report until after the fact and a lot of people are suggesting he could've easily changed the time stamp.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-06-2010, 11:49 PM
i dont know how to change a time stamp... does any one else?

patmoran2006
01-06-2010, 11:51 PM

I dont use time stamps on my website, but if I wanted to, could take the top story form Jan 7th, and switch it to say December 7

I would imagine it's not hard. But again, I dont know, because I dont implement time stamps, I think they're a pain in the ass

polishdreamer
01-06-2010, 11:51 PM
Jax has like 39 posts or something small, so it could be a 12 year old just playing. I personally don't believe anything a new poster has to say, like myself.

TrEd FTW
01-06-2010, 11:54 PM
I have Web site experience and can say that a time stamp is extremely simple to change. I certainly hope Joe Logan didn't manipulate a time stamp and cause this firestorm. Hopefully, he has a legit source and is not toying with us.

Typ0
01-06-2010, 11:55 PM
You guys should consider that organizations leak real stories and crap stories all over the place so no one really knows up or down. It's a way they can get information out there and keep people at bay at the same time. I have no idea why they would use this guy to leak a story but if he knew something once that doesn't mean he's always going to have the right information.

Typ0
01-06-2010, 11:57 PM

any DBA could change any timestamp. I could change every timestamp on every single post on this site by running one statement on the database. And I said before I think I know this Joe Logan person from somewhere but i don't know where. Of the many things I am a DBA is one of them.

Typ0
01-06-2010, 11:58 PM
I dont use time stamps on my website, but if I wanted to, could take the top story form Jan 7th, and switch it to say December 7

I would imagine it's not hard. But again, I dont know, because I dont implement time stamps, I think they're a pain in the ass

I have heard you claim you scooped stories based on timestamps.

Demon
01-06-2010, 11:58 PM
The issue is nobody read his report until after the fact and a lot of people are suggesting he could've easily changed the time stamp.

Yeah, i guess that could be true. I mean, i have no clue how to do it. But it's possible. The dude must seriously be a very sick individual to go through those kind of ways to go and change time stamps for a little bit of glory and a prank. And then he added the "update"... i mean... this dude is a complete whack job if he's doing this for laughs.

Typ0
01-07-2010, 12:00 AM
Yeah, i guess that could be true. I mean, i have no clue how to do it. But it's possible. The dude must seriously be a very sick individual to go through those kind of ways to go and change time stamps for a little bit of glory and a prank. And then he added the "update"... i mean... this dude is a complete whack job if he's doing this for laughs.

or money by driving traffic to his site.

Demon
01-07-2010, 12:01 AM

Why would he go and use twitter? Sure, some people will go to his site, but if he posted a few article, he'd get thousands of hits. And that's just before breakfast.

polishdreamer
01-07-2010, 12:03 AM

I know a junior reporter that does whatever he can all the time to drive traffic to his site.

sillenb61
01-07-2010, 12:03 AM
If this joe logan guy does have a source could possibly be jim kelly doesnt he live in east aurora and just doing some searches at joes site from november found one by jim kelly also found some stuff involving the school where talked about joe doing play by play maybe they have met there or just know each other.

Demon
01-07-2010, 12:05 AM
If this joe logan guy does have a source could possibly be jim kelly doesnt he live in east aurora and just doing some searches at joes site from november found one by jim kelly also found some stuff involving the school where talked about joe doing play by play maybe they have met there or just know each other.

Welcome to billszone.com!

Steve Tasker also lives in East Aurora. Not saying Tasker is the guy in the know, but this guy could have several possible ways of getting info from.

WagonCircler
01-07-2010, 12:11 AM
I'm no web site expert. I'm not a journalist. I don't play one on TV.

But I am a guy with a proven and tested bull**** detector. And this feels like a hoax.

Furthermore, I feel like this guy probably has a cousin or a high school basketball teammate from 20 years ago or a racquetball buddy who works at ODB. I think it's highly possible that his buddy slipped him a heads-up about the coaching purges.

I also think that Joe "The Cowler" blabbed it when he wasn't supposed to, and became something of a minor celebrity.

Finally, I think he's trying to maintain his "celeb" status with this bit of "news".

I pray to God that I'm dead wrong. I REALLY REALY want this to be true.

It just doesn't seem plausible that whomever Joe's source is would continue to risk his job by slipping info (that the Bills are obviously going to lengths to hide) to a guy who's spilling it to the public on a third-rate web page.

sillenb61
01-07-2010, 12:12 AM
Thanks, Here is a link to the page i found that has comment from jim kelly may be a different one but who knows just kind of interesting and allthis stuff and rumors finally makes for a fun offseason.
http://www.eastaurora.org/article.aspx?artno=1193

Demon
01-07-2010, 12:15 AM
This is seriously all too whacking. Why would JIM KELLY be posting on his site "right on brother".... and if it's the obvious and it's some random dude, then wtf gives, is EVERYONE on that web site a prankster?????

WagonCircler
01-07-2010, 12:19 AM
Thanks, Here is a link to the page i found that has comment from jim kelly may be a different one but who knows just kind of interesting and allthis stuff and rumors finally makes for a fun offseason.
http://www.eastaurora.org/article.aspx?artno=1193

I'm amazed that a guy who can't seem to spell ANYTHING correctly could get a job as a "writer" anywhere. Even at a two-bit community web site.

The Jim Kelly comment is interesting, though. But then again, on the boards where I used to post there were about 20 different variations on the username Jim Kelly.

sillenb61
01-07-2010, 12:20 AM
It probably means nothing and its probably not him but the article is from november and ts about vietnam vets and if you look at the previous posts they are talking about former buffalo bill bob kalsu.

buffalochip92
01-07-2010, 12:28 AM
there is a new article from him, check the front page if u wanna read it

Neubs24
01-07-2010, 01:54 AM
About the plane thing... when Gregg Williams was fired, Joe Gibbs met him at a small airstrip around Buffalo (my guess is Buffalo Airfield) because it was still a secret that Gibbs was coming back. So the small airport thing fits I guess.

Night Train
01-07-2010, 05:49 AM
He's our local answer to Hunter Thompson. :up:

I envision empty bottles of Jack and 5 hour energy drinks all around his basement floor. Obviously, there's a crack in the furnace.

Post everything he says.

elltrain22
01-07-2010, 06:07 AM
I think this whole Joe Logan thing is just bunch of BS. I'm w/ Pat on this b/c this guy, IMO, seems really, really shady.

mybills
01-07-2010, 07:21 AM

Even if they don't have as much as he thinks he needs?

Novacane
01-07-2010, 07:49 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:roflmao: No kidding.

Don't Panic
01-07-2010, 07:50 AM
Wow... reading that all at once was quite a trip. One of the more entertaining threads in a long time. Living in Raleigh, I could easily see Cowher having a mountain house, and having studied the Apps down here pretty heavily, I can see Hickory as being the closest airport to what could be his place. Not sure about this Logan dude, but Mikey's plane finding might have legs.

Jan Reimers
01-07-2010, 08:43 AM
Logan has had WAY more than his 15 minutes of fame. Time for all of us to move on.

Aliceinchainsbills15
01-07-2010, 10:12 AM
Who is this Logan dude?

mikemac2001
01-07-2010, 10:13 AM
http://images.chron.com/blogs/fighting/rogan.jpg

this is joe logan

JD
01-07-2010, 10:36 AM
i wouldnt put too much stock into this, hickory is a small town about an hour or so north of charlotte. i cant imagine anyone of importance would live there

That could be all the more reason to fly in and out of there. This is a pretty big secret. They most likely flew from that airport to Buffalo and had a limo waiting at Prior Aviation.

RedEyE
01-01-2015, 10:52 AM
This thread could use a good bumpn'....

Night Train
01-01-2015, 11:31 AM
Someone found a shovel after 5 years.