X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BoyILuvLoznStupidly
    • Sep 2009

PFT not Dismissing Logan yet

One of the more intriguing dynamics in Buffalo arises from the presence of many former Bills players in the various Western New York communities.

One of the more intriguing dynamics in Buffalo arises from the presence of many former Bills players in the various Western New York communities. Coupled with the fact that more than a few of them have access to inside information regarding the team for which they once played, opportunities exist for plenty of folks not in the traditional media business to develop possibly good information about the team.

Lately, we've been paying attention (or, more accurately, readers have been repeatedly pointing out to us) the information being posted online by Joe Logan of EastAurora.org.

Logan reported Monday, January 4 that the Bills were slated to meet with Cowher on Tuesday, January 5, a disclosure that carried extra credibility because Logan also appeared to be the first to report that the Bills would be clearing out their coaching staff.

read more
    One of the more intriguing dynamics in Buffalo arises from the presence of many former Bills players in the various Western New York communities.
    Last edited by BoyILuvLoznStupidly; 01-07-2010, 06:34 AM.
  • polishdreamer
    Junior Zoner
    • Jan 2010

Re: PFT not Dismissing Logan yet

It's a 12 year old acne victim in his basement, like me.

Comment

• Commissioner
      • Dec 2004

I'm wondering if this Joe Logan guy may have just made a lucky guess since it was the Monday after the season ended and we all knew the coaches would be fired at some point. Maybe he thought he wasn't taking a big risk because he runs some obscure website.
      Draft Gabbert at #3!

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

No comment on Joe Logan.

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt until today. Maybe he's been real busy with his job.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• BoyILuvLoznStupidly
          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by patmoran2006
          No comment on Joe Logan.

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt until today. Maybe he's been real busy with his job.
          I thought you were going to talk to him. What happen?

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
            Formerly MARCELL DAREUS POWER, now posting as DANNY BATTEN POWER
            • Jan 2010

man, if cowher does end up with the bills, espn will have lots of explaining to do....

Comment

• patmoran2006
              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by BoyILuvLoznStupidly
              I thought you were going to talk to him. What happen?
              he has not returned phone calls from myself and other people in the media looking to speak to him.

I also find it 'interesting' that he can tweet news that if accurate would be huge, yet this time his Cowher report isn't even on the pages of his East Aurora website.

Comment

• Mathja
                • Feb 2009

maybe east aurora told him to stop because they were getting bombarded with phone calls....so, he turned to twitter.
                i'm sure the primary objective of its website is not to report breaking news.

Comment

• don137
                  • Jul 2002

I am not saying he is telling the truth or just pumping out BS. I know some do not understand why he would say such things and not want to talk about it. If that is the case I could understand where he is coming from. He is not trying to become a media superstar. He just wants to let Bills fans know the inside scoop and does not want to divulge or worry about divulging his source.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Mathja
                    maybe east aurora told him to stop because they were getting bombarded with phone calls....so, he turned to twitter.
                    i'm sure the primary objective of its website is not to report breaking news.
                    I'll find out what if anything East Aurora told him.

This is too big of a news topic to WNYers to be ignored

Comment

• patmoran2006
                      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by don137
                      I am not saying he is telling the truth or just pumping out BS. I know some do not understand why he would say such things and not want to talk about it. If that is the case I could understand where he is coming from. He is not trying to become a media superstar. He just wants to let Bills fans know the inside scoop and does not want to divulge or worry about divulging his source.
                      Will you admit that its hard to take something serious from a reporter that cleary has a photoshopped image over his face?

And he's generally a community/political writer, I scoured that site. That's not very good village politics to be throwing up crap on his village website, which leads to me think there could be truth.

Comment

• don137
                        • Jul 2002

Will you admit that its hard to take something serious from a reporter that cleary has a photoshopped image over his face?

And he's generally a community/political writer, I scoured that site. That's not very good village politics to be throwing up crap on his village website, which leads to me think there could be truth.
                        I agree that he is taking a career risk based on his position. He may not be the smartest knife in the drawer. He does not appear to be someone that looks reliable based but looks can be deceiving.

I am just thinking he may not want the publicity but just wanted to communicate what he found out through a source.

I admit I am more skeptical about him as a source but I am not ready to say he is fabricating everything just because he did release information before it became public.
                        Last edited by don137; 01-07-2010, 07:59 AM.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by don137
                          I agree that he is taking a career risk based on his position. He may not be the smartest knife in the drawer. He does not appear to be someone that looks reliable based but looks can be deceiving.

I am just thinking he may not want the publicity but just wanted to communicate what he found out through a source.

I admit I am more skeptical about him as a source but I am not ready to say he is fabricating everything just because he did release information before it became public.
                          He emailed me and was supposed to give me a call but didnt, and then didnt return a cell phone message either.

Doesnt make him a bad guy your right, perhaps he is nervous to get scrutinized by the media as well. But when you publish stuff or tweet in a public forum, you should expect to get questioned on it by people trying to learn more about you.

Comment

• don137
                            • Jul 2002

He emailed me and was supposed to give me a call but didnt, and then didnt return a cell phone message either.

Doesnt make him a bad guy your right, perhaps he is nervous to get scrutinized by the media as well. But when you publish stuff or tweet in a public forum, you should expect to get questioned on it by people trying to learn more about you.
                            I think the guy may not be that bright and did not think of the ramifications by his actions.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                              • Dec 2005

Could be..

I think we all want to hope he's legit

Comment

Working...
                              X