PDA

View Full Version : PFT not Dismissing Logan yet

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-07-2010, 06:33 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/07/bills-could-still-be-chasing-cowher/

One of the more intriguing dynamics in Buffalo arises from the presence of many former Bills players in the various Western New York communities. Coupled with the fact that more than a few of them have access to inside information regarding the team for which they once played, opportunities exist for plenty of folks not in the traditional media business to develop possibly good information about the team.

Lately, we've been paying attention (or, more accurately, readers have been repeatedly pointing out to us) the information being posted online by Joe Logan of EastAurora.org.

Logan reported Monday, January 4 that the Bills were slated to meet with Cowher on Tuesday (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/05/report-cowher-meeting-with-bills-again-today/), January 5, a disclosure that carried extra credibility because Logan also appeared to be the first to report that the Bills would be clearing out their coaching staff.

read more
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/07/bills-could-still-be-chasing-cowher/

polishdreamer
01-07-2010, 06:55 AM
It's a 12 year old acne victim in his basement, like me.

Commissioner
01-07-2010, 07:15 AM
I'm wondering if this Joe Logan guy may have just made a lucky guess since it was the Monday after the season ended and we all knew the coaches would be fired at some point. Maybe he thought he wasn't taking a big risk because he runs some obscure website.

patmoran2006
01-07-2010, 07:27 AM
No comment on Joe Logan.

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt until today. Maybe he's been real busy with his job.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-07-2010, 07:29 AM
No comment on Joe Logan.

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt until today. Maybe he's been real busy with his job.

I thought you were going to talk to him. What happen?

NOT THE DUDE...
01-07-2010, 07:30 AM
man, if cowher does end up with the bills, espn will have lots of explaining to do....

patmoran2006
01-07-2010, 07:34 AM
I thought you were going to talk to him. What happen?

he has not returned phone calls from myself and other people in the media looking to speak to him.

I also find it 'interesting' that he can tweet news that if accurate would be huge, yet this time his Cowher report isn't even on the pages of his East Aurora website.

Mathja
01-07-2010, 07:40 AM
maybe east aurora told him to stop because they were getting bombarded with phone calls....so, he turned to twitter.
i'm sure the primary objective of its website is not to report breaking news.

don137
01-07-2010, 07:47 AM
I am not saying he is telling the truth or just pumping out BS. I know some do not understand why he would say such things and not want to talk about it. If that is the case I could understand where he is coming from. He is not trying to become a media superstar. He just wants to let Bills fans know the inside scoop and does not want to divulge or worry about divulging his source.

patmoran2006
01-07-2010, 07:47 AM
maybe east aurora told him to stop because they were getting bombarded with phone calls....so, he turned to twitter.
i'm sure the primary objective of its website is not to report breaking news.

I'll find out what if anything East Aurora told him.

This is too big of a news topic to WNYers to be ignored

patmoran2006
01-07-2010, 07:49 AM
I am not saying he is telling the truth or just pumping out BS. I know some do not understand why he would say such things and not want to talk about it. If that is the case I could understand where he is coming from. He is not trying to become a media superstar. He just wants to let Bills fans know the inside scoop and does not want to divulge or worry about divulging his source.

Will you admit that its hard to take something serious from a reporter that cleary has a photoshopped image over his face?

And he's generally a community/political writer, I scoured that site. That's not very good village politics to be throwing up crap on his village website, which leads to me think there could be truth.

don137
01-07-2010, 07:57 AM
Will you admit that its hard to take something serious from a reporter that cleary has a photoshopped image over his face?

And he's generally a community/political writer, I scoured that site. That's not very good village politics to be throwing up crap on his village website, which leads to me think there could be truth.

I agree that he is taking a career risk based on his position. He may not be the smartest knife in the drawer. He does not appear to be someone that looks reliable based but looks can be deceiving.

I am just thinking he may not want the publicity but just wanted to communicate what he found out through a source.

I admit I am more skeptical about him as a source but I am not ready to say he is fabricating everything just because he did release information before it became public.

patmoran2006
01-07-2010, 08:00 AM
I agree that he is taking a career risk based on his position. He may not be the smartest knife in the drawer. He does not appear to be someone that looks reliable based but looks can be deceiving.

I am just thinking he may not want the publicity but just wanted to communicate what he found out through a source.

I admit I am more skeptical about him as a source but I am not ready to say he is fabricating everything just because he did release information before it became public.

He emailed me and was supposed to give me a call but didnt, and then didnt return a cell phone message either.

Doesnt make him a bad guy your right, perhaps he is nervous to get scrutinized by the media as well. But when you publish stuff or tweet in a public forum, you should expect to get questioned on it by people trying to learn more about you.

don137
01-07-2010, 08:04 AM
He emailed me and was supposed to give me a call but didnt, and then didnt return a cell phone message either.

Doesnt make him a bad guy your right, perhaps he is nervous to get scrutinized by the media as well. But when you publish stuff or tweet in a public forum, you should expect to get questioned on it by people trying to learn more about you.
I think the guy may not be that bright and did not think of the ramifications by his actions.

patmoran2006
01-07-2010, 08:05 AM
Could be..

I think we all want to hope he's legit

Mathja
01-07-2010, 08:15 AM

This guy i'm sure has zero training or education as a journalist. he describes himself as an IT guy. He doesn't know and probably doesn't care about the ethics of journalism and whether it's right or wrong to return phone calls. That said, he could have a connection and could have unearthed some information.
If so, he probably got excited about it and his best platform for proliferating the info was the east aurora website. And, if it caught too much traffic because of it, he may have had to resort to twitter.
Obviously, all this is speculation. My point is -- I don't think we should hold him to the same standard that we would a legit reporter and because of that, we shouldn't also dismiss his info altogether.
Generally speaking, one either gets a jolt of adrenaline from reading this stuff or they get pissed off at all the speculation. If someone falls into the latter category, a message board probably isn't the best place for that person.

polishdreamer
01-07-2010, 08:18 AM
This guy i'm sure has zero training or education as a journalist. he describes himself as an IT guy. He doesn't know and probably doesn't care about the ethics of journalism and whether it's right or wrong to return phone calls. That said, he could have a connection and could have unearthed some information.
If so, he probably got excited about it and his best platform for proliferating the info was the east aurora website. And, if it caught too much traffic because of it, he may have had to resort to twitter.
Obviously, all this is speculation. My point is -- I don't think we should hold him to the same standard that we would a legit reporter and because of that, we shouldn't also dismiss his info altogether.
Generally speaking, one either gets a jolt of adrenaline from reading this stuff or they get pissed off at all the speculation. If someone falls into the latter category, a message board probably isn't the best place for that person.

Henceforth why some Junior Journalists on here still believe him, we've been had and the phone will not be answered.

patmoran2006
01-07-2010, 08:22 AM
Henceforth why some Junior Journalists on here still believe him, we've been had and the phone will not be answered.

There's a difference between giving someone the benefit of the doubt and actually believing someone.

WIth or without him Im going to find out more about him today. Whether he intended to or not, thousands of Bills fans are now hanging on his every word, and that's sad

Mathja
01-07-2010, 08:29 AM
Whether he intended to or not, thousands of Bills fans are now hanging on his every word, and that's sad

sad? maybe. hopeful? most definitely.

If he turns out an imposter it will be sad for all of us. But the fanbase is clinging to the hope that things will finally get better. The organization has little or no equity left with most of us. What fan really wants the organization to take a chance on someone that might be able to get the job done?
After a 10-year playoff drought, everyone wants someone that comes as close to ensuring an appearance in the post-season as possible. None of the mainstream media gives the Bills a chance. Joe Logan does. I'm not vouching for him. I don't even know him. But hope is the reason we hang on his every word. So far, he's been the only one to shine a light of hope on this situation.
If he's playing to our desperation. Yes, that truly will be sad.

patmoran2006
01-07-2010, 08:30 AM
Can you imagine if he was right? He's the ONLY one with my knowledge thats provided "good news" about Cowher via an alledged source.

If he's right, this guy will become folk legend.

There will be Joe Logan tee shirts flying off the rack

Jeff1220
01-07-2010, 08:35 AM
Can you imagine if he was right? He's the ONLY one with my knowledge thats provided "good news" about Cowher via an alledged source.

ESPN will offer him a job and ruin his credibility.

Mathja
01-07-2010, 08:35 AM
Joe Logan. Prophet of East Aurora. Descendant of Nostradamus.

SABURZFAN
01-07-2010, 08:38 AM

only a homo would buy a Joe Logan t-shirt.

patmoran2006
01-07-2010, 08:42 AM
Joe Logan is harder to get a hold of right now than Osama Bin Laden

Mathja
01-07-2010, 08:49 AM
by choice, i'm sure. he doesn't want to talk. his written word will either hold up, or it won't. by hold up, i don't mean Cowher comes, just that it comes out that they made an acceptable monetary offer, but debated on team spending.

i think you might be better off searching for some character witnesses or digging to find out who the east aurora prophet knows at OBD.

Novacane
01-07-2010, 08:55 AM
I have the day off. I am heading out to East Aurora to try and track this guy down.

SABURZFAN
01-07-2010, 08:57 AM
I have the day off. I am heading out to East Aurora to try and track this guy down.

try the sewers first. :up:

patmoran2006
01-07-2010, 09:00 AM
Yahoo sports is on the Joe Logan tweeter tip too
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=tsn-arecowherbillsincont&prov=tsn&type=lgns