PDA

View Full Version : Iowa OT Bryan Bulaga will forgo his senior year with the Hawkeyes and enter the 2010

polishdreamer
01-07-2010, 08:23 AM
Trade down and get this kid & a extra 2nd round pick, mid 1st rounder.

ddaryl
01-07-2010, 08:28 AM
That was one of my thoughts in regards to Beluga

He may be a trade back option... OR he could kick ass at the combuine and move up into the top 8...

none the less another real good possible option for us at OT

Mahdi
01-07-2010, 08:42 AM
Good. Another good player in the draft always helps.

ddaryl
01-07-2010, 09:14 AM
Good. Another good player in the draft always helps.

especially a LT option :jig:

Mahdi
01-07-2010, 09:18 AM
especially a LT option :jig:
Not only that, but if he sneaks into the top 10 maybe a pass rusher like Derrick Morgan can fall to us.

ddaryl
01-07-2010, 09:19 AM
Not only that, but if he sneaks into the top 10 maybe a pass rusher like Derrick Morgan can fall to us.

yep.. like you said the more players that declare the better chance we land an impact player

but then again we passed up on that opportuity before

Mahdi
01-07-2010, 09:21 AM
yep.. like you said the more players that declare the better chance we land an impact player

but then again we passed up on that opportuity before
Yup. Never know though. Maybe Maybin gets rolling next year in a different scheme and with more weight. He definitely has the skills.

ddaryl
01-07-2010, 09:27 AM
Yup. Never know though. Maybe Maybin gets rolling next year in a different scheme and with more weight. He definitely has the skills.

not giving up on Maybin... but my gut says Eric Flowers part deux

kernowboy
01-07-2010, 09:37 AM
It may let Bruce Campbell fall to us, especially if the Seahawks, seeing a number of LTs in the draft look to address a different area of need with their first pick

psubills62
01-07-2010, 09:40 AM
It may let Bruce Campbell fall to us, especially if the Seahawks, seeing a number of LTs in the draft look to address a different area of need with their first pick

IMO, the good thing about this draft is that we need an LT and QB. Both of those could easily drop, as the stars this year are on the defensive side of the ball (Berry, McCoy, Suh, McClain, Morgan, etc.). It's very possible the #2 LT could fall to us.

realdealryan
01-07-2010, 09:42 AM
from a site - prodraftparty.com

"vs. Michigan 2009
Game Analysis:
- Rusty due to 1st game back from injury?
- Absolutely destroyed by DE Brandon Graham twice and struggled a few more times
- Much better at run blocking than pass protection/ does not look like the elite top 5 pick that he has been hyped up to be"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Jv3RuI01Rg

I watched the video before I saw the review and was thinking the same thing. I didn't watch a lot of Iowa's bowl game and didn't watch him all that much, so I hope some better film surfaces.

ddaryl
01-07-2010, 09:48 AM
^^^^

yeah I'm awaiting the post NFL playoff draft review info and combine to sort this stuff out...

watching the video now, but like you mentioned 1st game back from injury

He does look slow against the outside edge speed rush in this video, but then agian I'm not 100% sure who I'm watching because the video switches over to different games

DraftBoy
01-07-2010, 10:44 AM
That's why I hate highlight videos...they show you nothing but what they are intended to show you.

Anybody who watched that video needs to watch what he did to Derrick Morgan in the Orange Bowl.

mikemac2001
01-07-2010, 10:46 AM
That's why I hate highlight videos...they show you nothing but what they are intended to show you.

Anybody who watched that video needs to watch what he did to Derrick Morgan in the Orange Bowl.

what did he do?

i didn't see plus you know a ton more on college players

DraftBoy
01-07-2010, 10:56 AM
what did he do?

i didn't see plus you know a ton more on college players

He absolutely dominated Morgan all game long.

mikemac2001
01-07-2010, 10:58 AM

LT OR RT prospect? and mid first?

ddaryl
01-07-2010, 10:59 AM

which lends itself to the he was injured and looked rusty in the vid above

but again the vid posted above changes games a few times so it's not realy much to go on for Baluga

DraftBoy
01-07-2010, 11:05 AM
LT OR RT prospect? and mid first?

LT

Top 15 right now, could be Top 10 though.

MidnightVoice
01-07-2010, 11:05 AM
6-6, 315-pound played left tackle all year. Well coached - Kirk Ferenz is good with linemen. We love him here in Iowa