01-07-2010, 08:54 AM
Cowher is balking, which is not good.

plundar
01-07-2010, 08:55 AM
The Bills are cursed.

Dr. Lecter
01-07-2010, 08:56 AM
Makes sense. He might have been thinking "Tampa, here I come!"

Now he has to decide: Buffalo or CBS? Do I risk sitting out this year, when there might not be a NFL season in 2011?

patmoran2006
01-07-2010, 08:56 AM
Although this is more accurate and reasonable, Im having more fun talking about Joe Logan

patmoran2006
01-07-2010, 08:59 AM
Jesus.
The Joe Logan story is now up on Yahoo Sports
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=tsn-arecowherbillsincont&prov=tsn&type=lgns

Mathja
01-07-2010, 09:05 AM
I don't think it's out of line for any of us to speculate exactly what marcellus said. Nix said he had a list. And he would go after the guy at the top of that list first.
Many reports, including Coach Sal's, said the Bills contacted and spoke with Cowher. Cowher has never denied speaking with them. Cowher played it coy on-air.
Presumably, he's waiting to see what all his option are. Aside from that, he's probably deciding on whether or not Buffalo could be a fit for him. While he ponders, Nix and the Bills are interviewing other candidates so they have a plan in place if the guy at the top of their list says no.

I think the best news is that Cowher hasn't come out and officially announced that he's staying at CBS. He also hasn't signed a multi-year contract like Gruden did, shortly after hearing from the Bills.

Pinkerton Security
01-07-2010, 09:15 AM
Marcellus is doing just what everyone else is at this point: guessing.

ddaryl
01-07-2010, 09:18 AM
Marcellus is doing just what everyone else is at this point: guessing.

but when you read Marcellus quote you know he is offering opinion

With a guy like Schefter it comes across as factual

Iehoshua
01-07-2010, 09:21 AM
"Buffalo wasn't his first choice" wow Marcellus, thanks for the earth shattering revelation. I'm sure Cowher is the lone head coach available that wouldn't make Buffalo his first choice. Every football mind on the planet surely has these phenominal Bills atop their dream list of jobs. Glad we had ol' M. Wiley there to let us know Cowher was standing out from the pack...

:sarcasm:

ddaryl
01-07-2010, 09:32 AM
"Buffalo wasn't his first choice" wow Marcellus, thanks for the earth shattering revelation. I'm sure Cowher is the lone head coach available that wouldn't make Buffalo his first choice. Every football mind on the planet surely has these phenominal Bills atop their dream list of jobs. Glad we had ol' M. Wiley there to let us know Cowher was standing out from the pack...

:sarcasm:

kind of unfair to throw a guy like Wiley under the bus for answering a question that was asked of him. He definitely came across as a guy who simply gave a honest opinion

If we were having a conversation I would have said something similar, and if someone wanted to quote me well that's what would have been said. Sure it isn't anything we don't already know, but that is what were all feeling and we pretty much all we would have been able to offer for a quote.

us Bills fans are just hanging on to every word and every syllable, and I think our patience is shot

Jan Reimers
01-07-2010, 09:36 AM
Why should we believe Marcellus Wiley - an ex-Bill and current ESPN analyst - when we have Joe Logan?

BillsWin
01-07-2010, 09:38 AM
All I know is I could do a better job than Brian Schottenhiemer or Leslie Frazier and would be really pissed if they get the job.

BillsWin
01-07-2010, 09:39 AM
But we can rest easy because I have a source that was asked about Haslett and he says there has been absolutely zero interest in Haslett at OBD.

So far.

SABuffalo786
01-07-2010, 09:45 AM
Why should we believe Marcellus Wiley - an ex-Bill and current ESPN analyst - when we have Joe Logan?

Being associated with ESPN doesn't mean a ******* thing.

Jan Reimers
01-07-2010, 09:48 AM
Being associated with ESPN doesn't mean a ******* thing.
Nor does being the top sports guy at EastAurora.org.

SABuffalo786
01-07-2010, 09:51 AM
Nor does being the top sports guy at EastAurora.org.

It does when you scoop the entire sports media world on a major development at an NFL team.

justasportsfan
01-07-2010, 09:54 AM
Who needs Marcelus Wiley's story when we have posters here who seem to have direct converstaions with Nix himself.