PDA

View Full Version : Connolly approaches anniversary

Dr. Lecter
01-07-2010, 09:20 AM
I thought this story was going to be about Timmy and :assclown:!!!!!!

Keep this quiet if you can, and by all means be sure to keep your head up. We wouldn't want to test the fates. But Tim Connolly has played in 84 consecutive regular-season NHL games. This Saturday, it will be one year to the day since Connolly returned to the lineup after recovering from back and rib injuries.

Connolly is healthy and displaying the athletic gifts that have made him at once the most compelling and maddening player in recent Buffalo Sabres history. He set up the opening goal 23 seconds into Wednesday's 5-3 win over Tampa Bay, extending his point streak to seven games, tying his career high.

Which is the real Tim Connolly? The one who failed to score a goal in 24 of 25 games from Halloween until just before Christmas? Or the skilled center with the feathery touch, the guy who was on the verge of stardom until a severe concussion knocked his career off the rails in the 2006 playoffs?

The Sabres handed him a two-year, $9 million contract extension last March because they felt he could be that dynamic player again. It gets tiresome, waiting for Connolly to deliver on the promise. After awhile, it begins to seem like a tease. But this time, perhaps he has squashed the injury bug for good.

"It's not something I really even think about," Connolly said after the morning skate. "I just go out there one game at a time and try to do what I can to help this team win at both ends of the rink and on special teams."

Connolly, 28, is as creative as they come on the ice, but rarely has anything profound to say off it. He downplayed the notion that regaining his health has made him more willing to venture into the cluttered and combative areas of the ice, where cheap goals are scored and fragile bodies exposed.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/914660.html

RockStar36
01-07-2010, 09:32 AM
This story should've never been written. It has jinx written all over it.

rbochan
01-07-2010, 09:49 AM
Great.
Now he'll get a paper cut and be out the rest of the season.

G Wolly
01-08-2010, 02:07 AM
Great.
Now he'll get a paper cut and be out the rest of the season.

Wouldn't be the first time :limp:

SabreEleven
01-08-2010, 10:47 AM
You guys need to leave Connolly alone...He will be leading the Sabres to a Stanley Cup victory this year...All he is does is GIVE, GIVE, GIVE...LEAVE TIMMY ALONE...YOU GUYS JUST TAKE, TAKE, TAKE.

G Wolly
01-08-2010, 03:59 PM
Connolly sucks.

SpillerThrills
01-08-2010, 04:27 PM
You guys need to leave Connolly alone...

your starting to sound like my wife.... she loves Timmy.....:crazy::lolcry:

Nighthawk
01-09-2010, 06:15 AM
Tinkerbell Timmy almost was down for the count with that high stick...how ironic would that have been!?!?

RockStar36
01-09-2010, 10:17 AM
Tinkerbell Timmy almost was down for the count with that high stick...how ironic would that have been!?!?

I wouldn't say "almost went down for the count".

He was immediately back on the ice with blood running down his face. He wasn't even going to miss a shift.

G Wolly
01-09-2010, 04:23 PM
He'll be out again soon enough.

Just you wait.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/user_pics/3412-1262290996.gif