PDA

View Full Version : I just interviewed Joe Logan

patmoran2006
01-07-2010, 09:57 AM
Spent 20 minutes with him on the phone, and talked to him at LENGTH.

I am working on a story right and cant answer any questions yet, but this is a VERY EDUCATED guy, is not a kid prankster and gave me a lot of interesting info (not about Cowher specifically)

And he did find out about the Bills firing the staff on Sunday night (night before) and did write it at 6:35 on MOnday.

anyway, you'll learn a lot more about him in a hour or so

What I will tell you know is he stands by his tweet last night.. Per his source, COwher is ok with what the Bills are willing to pay him (which I suppose means we offered him a contract) and the issue is about how he feels about the team's committment to spending on players and staff and peresonnel

patmoran2006
01-07-2010, 09:58 AM
Give me about a hour or less

realdealryan
01-07-2010, 09:59 AM
I'll be damned.

hydro
:blowup:

ddaryl
Joe Logan is now approaching a full 20 minutes of fame

WeAreArthurMoates
01-07-2010, 10:00 AM
Awesome Pat good work, makes him more credible now.

zone
01-07-2010, 10:00 AM
good work Pat, hopefully this dude is for real and the FO can make it happen!

Mudflap1
01-07-2010, 10:02 AM
This Joe Logan thing is one of the most hilarious things I've ever seen. Pat, you're doing your job and adding fuel to the fire, which is what you should be doing. It's just really funny that we are all hanging on this schmo's every word. That's how dedicated/abused/desperate as fans we all are. If he's so educated, why can't he write? Nevermind, there are plenty of executives I exchange emails with all the time that have very poor grammer.

patmoran2006
Who knows if Cowher comes here but this guy is DEFINITELY for real

SABURZFAN
Joe Logan is now approaching a full 20 minutes of fame

and patmoran just ordered a truck load of Joe Logan t-shirts too.

patmoran2006
01-07-2010, 10:03 AM
This Joe Logan thing is one of the most hilarious things I've ever seen. Pat, you're doing your job and adding fuel to the fire, which is what you should be doing. It's just really funny that we are all hanging on this schmo's every word. That's how dedicated/abused/desperate as fans we all are. If he's so educated, why can't he write? Nevermind, there are plenty of executives I exchange emails with all the time that have very poor grammer.

People want to know who the hell Joe Logan is, and yeah, I am doing my job, I'm going to let people know more about him.

That's all I'm doing. People can draw their own conclusion

Mudflap1
The billboard may need to be modified.

"Ralph, give Cowher Power what he wants! The fans deserve it!"

hydro
When will be his first column on BSD pat?

Jan Reimers
I hope he's ligit, but I'm still very skeptical.

Mudflap1
01-07-2010, 10:04 AM
People want to know who the hell Joe Logan is, and yeah, I am doing my job, I'm going to let people know more about him.

That's all I'm doing. People can draw their own conclusion

Good for you man. Last night, most of us (including you and me) were colored skeptical by this guy. Now the plot thickens a little.

k-oneputt
01-07-2010, 10:05 AM
If the Bills do sign Cowher, Joe Logan will become a cult fiqure in Buffalo.

SABURZFAN

don't tell pat but i'm Joe Logan. :snicker:

clumping platelets
:tap:

ZAZusmc03
01-07-2010, 10:06 AM
God I want to believe this all so bad@!

Dr. Lecter
01-07-2010, 10:07 AM

Very educated does not mean graduating from junior high.

realdealryan
01-07-2010, 10:08 AM

LOLZ "grammer"

SABURZFAN
01-07-2010, 10:09 AM
Very educated does not mean graduating from junior high.

isn't that what a diploma from Maple Grove amount to?

zone
01-07-2010, 10:09 AM
Just because you can not spell does not mean you are a mongoloid. Dude went to RIT not MCC. People can be smart in other things than grammar, spelling, and English.

All English majors can not write a software program does that make them stupid?

polishdreamer
01-07-2010, 10:11 AM

Skooby on another site is claiming that Pat / Joe are one in the same. I think he's a problem child but signs do seem to be pointing to a definite personal link deeper than the amount of press Pat is trying to get out for this guy.

SABURZFAN
01-07-2010, 10:12 AM
Just because you can not spell does not mean you are a mongoloid.

look at Lecter. he can spell but he's a mongoloid.

Michael82
01-07-2010, 10:13 AM
Wow! Nice job, pat. I knew you would do your proper work and get an interview with the guy.

Mudflap1
01-07-2010, 10:14 AM
Boy, I guy makes one spelling error in 5 years... I'm sure realdealryan and zone are the vision of perfection in everything from grammar to education themselves... sorry I got yer panties in a bunch about poor Joe Logan.

You guys are really holding on to the end for Joe Logan...

Maybe the guy is legit, maybe he's not, I don't know. I want to see Cowher be the Bills' next head coach, but we all know the odds are against it. But it's still possible. I just find it hilarious that this Logan, who nobody heard of before Monday, is now the key guy in the United States reporting about the Bills and Cowher, and you guys are eating it all up and hanging on his every word.

EDIT: I'm not talking about Pat. He's doing his job, which is to explore every storyline and every angle. It's up to guys like him or Sal to flush out who this cat really is.

realdealryan
01-07-2010, 10:14 AM
Skooby on another site is claiming that Pat / Joe are one in the same. I think he's a problem child but signs do seem to be pointing to a definite personal link deeper than the amount of press Pat is trying to get out for this guy.
It seems a bit contrived to get press out for his own site in this Rube Goldberg way.

Pat almost broke the last story before his computer went down....why not just break the firings on his own? And each Cowher tidbit on his own. Why direct all national media attention to eastaurora.org? Joe Logan has been mentioned twice on PFT - if this was Pat seeking attention, the real Pat would seek the attention.

This Joe Logan lovefest is born out of our collective desperation for a winning franchise. I hate that it's come to this point.

and Mudflap take it easy we're just joking around...

justasportsfan
01-07-2010, 10:15 AM
Pat, how often do you talk to yourself in the mirror?

Mudflap1
01-07-2010, 10:16 AM
Just because you can not spell does not mean you are a mongoloid. Dude went to RIT not MCC. People can be smart in other things than grammar, spelling, and English.

All English majors can not write a software program does that make them stupid?

I didn't say he was stupid. I said he can't spell, but then I said that there are a lot of executives I email back and forth with that spell just as bad or worse, so it does happen.

Geez guys, read the posts. Don't get so defensive about your new favorite cousin/dad//new best friend Joe Logan!

polishdreamer
01-07-2010, 10:17 AM
It seems a bit contrived to get press out for his own site in this Rube Goldberg way.

Pat almost broke the last story before his computer went down....why not just break the firings on his own? And each Cowher tidbit on his own. Why direct all national media attention to eastaurora.org? Joe Logan has been mentioned twice on PFT - if this was Pat seeking attention, the real Pat would seek the attention.

We'll see who Mr. Logan mentions as his source and who helped him or something to that effect. Pat has pressed real hard on many, many sites to keep this guy and the front page. It all seems pretty fishy to me.

yordad
01-07-2010, 10:17 AM
Very educated does not mean graduating from junior high.I am soo disappointed in you. It was soo wrong of you to say that! Everyone knows SABs never even made it that far!

:snicker:

SABURZFAN
01-07-2010, 10:18 AM
:z:

Philagape
OMG!!!!
I've talked to someone who's talked to JOE LOGAN!!!!!!!!!!!
OMGOMGOMGOMG
Did you just read that????
JOE *****ING LOGAN~!!!!!
OMG

polishdreamer
I didn't say he was stupid. I say he can't spell, but then I said that there are a lot of executives I email back and forth with that spell just as bad or worse, so it does happen.

Geez guys, read the posts. Don't get so defensive about your new favorite cousin/dad//new best friend Pat Moran!

Corrected it.

Mathja
01-07-2010, 10:20 AM
to say pat and joe are one in the same is ridiculous. i don't know either of them. but i read these boards. Guys like Pat and Coach Sal strive everyday for credibility. They work hard and take pride in being a part of the media. There is no way in the world he would blow that on a stunt like this. Crazy talk!!!

Mudflap1
If Pat Moran made all this up, we should get out the butterfly net. The guy has a press pass for OBD. He didn't make this up.

k-oneputt
I gotta get this Joe Logan to my Super Bowl party.

zone
01-07-2010, 10:21 AM
I didn't say he was stupid. I said he can't spell, but then I said that there are a lot of executives I email back and forth with that spell just as bad or worse, so it does happen.

Geez guys, read the posts. Don't get so defensive about your new favorite cousin/dad//new best friend Joe Logan!
Haha, I can't help it. I just want to believe soooo bad!

I love me some Joe Logan.

ddaryl
01-07-2010, 10:21 AM

We'll see who Mr. Logan mentions as his source and who helped him or something to that effect. Pat has pressed real hard on many, many sites to keep this guy and the front page. It all seems pretty fishy to me.

Dude; Pat is a regular here, and the majority of us will say Pat and Joe are not one in the same based on how well we know Pat

Now if Pat is that resourceful then why would he push the attention to someone else on a government website. Something in which benefits him 0%

Pat is basically the guy who is willing ot do all the dirty work and follow every possible lead of Bills info as thoughroughly as he possibly can, and I really appreciate his efforts.

and Skooby... nuff said the guy as a Bills forum poster is a parasite :maggie:

SABURZFAN
01-07-2010, 10:22 AM
so much for a boring offseason.

Mathja
01-07-2010, 10:22 AM
OMG!!!!
I've talked to someone who's talked to JOE LOGAN!!!!!!!!!!!
OMGOMGOMGOMG
Did you just read that????
JOE *****ING LOGAN~!!!!!
OMG

I know this is a joke -- but remember, this guy Joe kept people up at night and had about a hundred people or more reading a thread about his tweet at 11 o'clock last night. All wondered who the hell is joe logan.
Cut Pat a break -- he's just trying to answer that question for everyone to help us decide if joe is a kook or if he's legit.

polishdreamer
01-07-2010, 10:23 AM
to say pat and joe are one in the same is ridiculous. i don't know either of them. but i read these boards. Guys like Pat and Coach Sal strive everyday for credibility. They work hard and take pride in being a part of the media. There is no way in the world he would blow that on a stunt like this. Crazy talk!!!

He has spoken quite a bit about JL and seems pretty close to the fire there, usually somebody is getting burned.

Philagape
01-07-2010, 10:23 AM
I know this is a joke -- but remember, this guy Joe kept people up at night and had about a hundred people or more reading a thread about his tweet at 11 o'clock last night. All wondered who the hell is joe logan.
Cut Pat a break -- he's just trying to answer that question for everyone to help us decide if joe is a kook or if he's legit.

It wasn't about Pat. It was about the hundred people.

SABURZFAN
01-07-2010, 10:25 AM
Dude; Pat is a regular here, and the majority of us will say Pat and Joe are not one in the same based on how well we know Pat

Now if Pat is that resourceful then why would he push the attention to osmeone else on a government website. Something in which benefits him 0%

i find Skooby to be entertaining. he made me laugh at the douchebags, who whined about him, over at TBD.

trapezeus
01-07-2010, 10:25 AM
If the Bills do sign Cowher, Joe Logan will become a cult fiqure in Buffalo.

honestly, if he ends up right, take down the charging buffalo on the helmets and put on a charging Joe Logan on the side of the helmets.

Philagape
01-07-2010, 10:26 AM

Now if Pat is that resourceful then why would he push the attention to someone else on a government website. Something in which benefits him 0%

Pat is basically the guy who is willing ot do all the dirty work and follow every possible lead of Bills info as thoughroughly as he possibly can, and I really appreciate his efforts.

Skooby wishes desperately that he was Joe Logan. Creepy desperate.

realdealryan
01-07-2010, 10:26 AM

Skooby?

SABURZFAN
01-07-2010, 10:27 AM

let me guess.... you were one of them.

RockStar36
01-07-2010, 10:28 AM
Not to defend some random guy from some random site, but spelling errors aren't the end of the world and don't tell the whole story on someone. I've seen a ton of people, including engineers and other supervisors, who have horrendous spelling issues.

ddaryl
i find Skooby to be entertaining. he made me laugh at the douchebags, who whined about him, over at TBD.

well I like giving crap to the people on TBD occasionally, but more so over on the official forums

but Skooby is another one of those posters who posts a million new threads that have nothing worthy to say.. kind of like Mitchel was during the season or Juicy

Slim
Skooby?

LMAO I thought the same thing

polishdreamer
01-07-2010, 10:29 AM
well I like giving crap to the people on TBD occasionally, but more so over on the official forums

but Skooby is another one of those posters who posts a million new threads that have nothing worthy to say.. kind of like Mitchel was during the season or Juicy

I think Skooby is dead on right here, you should check out all the other sites like I just did. Pat is on the Joe Logan touring fest, so before casting stones at one look into it.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-07-2010, 10:30 AM

No , IM the real Joe Logan

NorthCarBills
honestly, if he ends up right, take down the charging buffalo on the helmets and put on a charging Joe Logan on the side of the helmets.

Eliminate Goo Goo Dolls Day in Buffalo and replace with Joe Logan Day?

ddaryl
Not to defend some random guy from some random site, but spelling errors aren't the end of the world and don't tell the whole story on someone. I've seen a ton of people, including engineers and other supervisors, who have horrendous spelling issues.

no kidding.. For me its not spelling incorrectly its typing incorrectly

Lots of times my brain says one thing but the fingers type another

" I no for a fcat that i cna spell bt for whatever reson it doesn;t get type wright"

Canadian'eh!
01-07-2010, 10:31 AM
You don't interview Joe Logan. Joe Logan let's you ask questions and decided whether or not to kill you.

SABURZFAN
01-07-2010, 10:31 AM

i did enjoy drinking beers with Skooby though. he's really a good guy in person.

polishdreamer
01-07-2010, 10:32 AM
You don't interview Joe Logan. Joe Logan let's you ask questions and decided whether or not to kill you.

If he answers you, he has to kill you.:clap:

SABURZFAN
01-07-2010, 10:32 AM

LIAR!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

hydro
01-07-2010, 10:33 AM

IT people especially.

realdealryan
01-07-2010, 10:33 AM
I think Skooby is dead on right here, you should check out all the other sites like I just did. Pat is on the Joe Logan touring fest, so before casting stones at one look into it.
Thanks, Skooby. But I'm pretty sure you're the only one casting stones.

ddaryl
01-07-2010, 10:34 AM
i did enjoy drinking beers with Skooby though. he's really a good guy in person.

never met the guy.. I would hope he is a different guy in person, otherwise i would question how he managed to stay alive or in tact, because there are many who would love to choke him.

personally I just exit any thread he is dominating or avoid the ones he starts

casdhf
01-07-2010, 10:35 AM
I cant spell to save my life :ill:

realdealryan
never met the guy.. I would hope he is a different guy in person, otherwise i would question how he managed to stay alive or in tact, because there are many who would love to choke him.

Skooby was at the opener party in '08. Cool guy, had some shots with him.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
NONE of this means spit if Cowlher does not sign on the dotted line and Joe Logan cant make him do it.

When connecting Logan with Cowlher you must spell it Cowlher

SABURZFAN
01-07-2010, 10:36 AM

:rofl:

trapezeus
01-07-2010, 10:37 AM
if we are taking the more logical approach that Joe Logan is his own guy and not pat, Joe logan is definitely putting himself out there.

If i had the scoop on this, i would keep my mouth shut because

1. fans don't listen to anyone.
2. if it doesn't pan out as it very well might not because the bills know one thing and one thing only and that's to blow a sure thing.
3. If you're right and it all plays out, they'll forget you ever did it and want your next big break.

Joe Logan, you have brought this chaos onto yourself.

but please, please be right.

NorthCarBills
01-07-2010, 10:38 AM
LIAR!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

This is Joe Logan
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3416/3481375485_8c06724116.jpg

DraftBoy
01-07-2010, 10:40 AM
I wonder if Joe Logan is the cabbie who always tells Berman the pick before the Bills make it??

Hmmmm...

SABURZFAN
01-07-2010, 10:40 AM
This is Joe Logan
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3416/3481375485_8c06724116.jpg

c'mon..... that's Wolfman Jack.

NorthCarBills
01-07-2010, 10:41 AM
c'mon..... that's Wolfman Jack.

Stay thirsty Saburzfan.

Mathja
01-07-2010, 10:42 AM
He has spoken quite a bit about JL and seems pretty close to the fire there, usually somebody is getting burned.

now you're just adding fuel to the fire on this whole thing, turning it into a circus.

Canadian'eh!
01-07-2010, 10:42 AM
Joe Logan once had an awkward moment, just to see what it feels like.

SABURZFAN
01-07-2010, 10:43 AM
Stay thirsty Saburzfan.

:chug:

Pinkerton Security
01-07-2010, 10:45 AM
IT people especially.

i can vouch for that...i work in IT but was always stronger in written and verbal skills, and man IT people are generally horrific with spelling, in fact my boss makes me proof-read all our spec documents and stuff haha, sucks.

ddaryl
01-07-2010, 10:47 AM
wow 82 members surfing this thread want to know more about Joe Logan's tweet.

Well the guy might want to get an agent.. His fame is sky rocketing..

I honeslty am finding all of this quite entertaining

how many other "Big Market" teams get these types of scoops from their small suburban town amatuer reporters ?

No wonder ESPN and other big sports news outlets despise us, we take care of our own business.... and if this all pans out and becomes true it's going to be kinda sweet having a laugh at the big boys blunders

Slim
01-07-2010, 10:48 AM
Your hour is almost do up Pat :tap:

bob86
01-07-2010, 10:50 AM
Joe Logan is going to be bigger than the balloon boy.

SABURZFAN
01-07-2010, 10:51 AM
Your hour is almost do up Pat :tap:

C'MON JOE.... uh..... i mean pat.

ddaryl
01-07-2010, 10:55 AM
C'MON JOE.... uh..... i mean pat.

Is it Jat or Poe

Jat Loran, or Poe Mogan

Demon
01-07-2010, 11:00 AM
The man. The legend. Joe Logan!

Beebe's Kid
01-07-2010, 11:01 AM
Eliminate Goo Goo Dolls Day in Buffalo and replace with Joe Logan Day?

...at least eliminate Goo Goo Dolls Day!!!

I find it odd that nobody ever sees Chuck Norris and Joe Logan in the same place at the same time...

Joe is a lot like De Niro (Lamotta) in Raging Bull...

1. If he's right, he's a hero.
2. If he's wrong, he still has Twitter followers, and has managed to plug the problems with the village of East Aurora to anybody that was listening.

"If you win, you win. If you lose, you still win. There's no way you can lose."

SABURZFAN
01-07-2010, 11:01 AM
Is it Jat or Poe

Jat Loran, or Poe Mogan

you'll have to see what your t-shirt says when you order it.

chernobylwraiths
01-07-2010, 11:13 AM

Rule one, when criticizing grammar, make sure you spell grammar right.

:D

Slim
01-07-2010, 11:17 AM
The interview is up at BSD.com

chernobylwraiths
01-07-2010, 11:21 AM

I'm Sparticus!

ddaryl
01-07-2010, 11:26 AM
...at least eliminate Goo Goo Dolls Day!!!

No chit

Buffalo has a fantastic band that formed at the University of Buffalo in the 90's called moe.

moe.org (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/moe.org)

that band could hang with all the great rock bands of the 70's but Buffalo celebrates goo goo doll day ????

no wonder why people laugh at Buffalo

go listen to some moe. music lovers if you haven't yet. Fantastic band that you can download their live shows for free over at bt.etree.org (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/bt.etree.org) along side of many bands that allow the free taping and trading of thier live performances.

if your interested in listening ot any of the live music over at etree.org and don't have knowledge of .flac formats and bit torrents PM me and I will help you. (Also check out etree.org (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/etree.org) for more info about free tradeable music.

Mudflap1
01-07-2010, 11:29 AM
Rule one, when criticizing grammar, make sure you spell grammar right.

:D

I'm a big fan of "Frasier", what can I say ;)

alohabillsfan
01-07-2010, 11:35 AM
With the 9th pick of the 2010 NFL draft the Buffalo Bills select Joe Logan, crappy amatuer hockey player, East Aurora!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chernobylwraiths
01-07-2010, 11:36 AM
I'm a big fan of "Frasier", what can I say ;)

:up:

CoolBreeze
01-07-2010, 03:25 PM
Rumor is Joe Logan's tears can cure cancer.. Problem is Joe Logan never cried.