PDA

View Full Version : Marty S. today on Sirius.....

Saratoga Slim
01-07-2010, 12:19 PM
1:20 today (Thursday)......I'm more or less transcribing as he talks, here you go.....

Said there is a "very definite possibility" that Cowher will come back, and that the main reason he's retired at all was the kid in high school that he wanted to spend time with before college. Since that situation is over he thinks Bill has the itch to get back.

As far as whether the Bills would be attractive to Bill, "knowing Bill, it won't all be about the money," said Marty, rather, he thinks it will be more about a lot of the other things that Bill believes will determine whether or not it will be a situation in which he can succeed. Things like personnel control and resources etc.

"I happen to think it would be a great fit." And, direct quote, "Buddy Nix will find players - Buddy will always find players."

"Bill probably won't let this be a protracted situation, he'll probably figure out what the deal is and make a decision before too long."

Finally, Solly weighed in and said that, though they'll need to find a QB, he thinks with Cowher in charge the Bills could get off on a pretty good start, as they have two "horses" in the run game, and numerous young offensive lineman well suited for run blocking.

I'll keep you posted if there are any other relevant comments during the show....

Demon
01-07-2010, 12:20 PM
Nice. The daily Marty update. lol

ddaryl
01-07-2010, 12:21 PM
thanks for the paraphrasing

patmoran2006
01-07-2010, 12:21 PM
your the man.

Great update

Saratoga Slim
01-07-2010, 12:22 PM
Nice. The daily Marty update. lol

Yeah. It's nice to have one of the "candidates" for the job on the radio every day.

I'm still waiting for a Bills fan to ask him if he's in the mix. I haven't heard him respond to that question in a couple weeks,

Jaybird
01-07-2010, 12:22 PM
thanks for the update, good stuff

Syderick
01-07-2010, 12:23 PM
What about coming out of retirement and coaching the Bills?

Mudflap1
Marty, who is connected to Cowher and Nix, is speculating with the same information that Chris Brown and Joe Logan are... not all about the contract (that is probably fine), but about resources and personnel decisions.

Wow. Ralph has one chance to redeem himself and make this happen. The fans deserve this!

Demon
Yeah. It's nice to have one of the "candidates" for the job on the radio every day.

I'm still waiting for a Bills fan to ask him if he's in the mix. I haven't heard him respond to that question in a couple weeks,

Def. Man i wish i had sirius. I heard it was great?

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
Thanks for the update

Philagape
01-07-2010, 12:24 PM
As far as whether the Bills would be attractive to Bill, "knowing Bill, it won't all be about the money," said Marty, rather, he thinks it will be more about a lot of the other things that Bill believes will determine whether or not it will be a situation in which he can succeed. Things like personnel control and resources etc.

Like JOE LOGAN said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't Panic
01-07-2010, 12:25 PM
What about coming out of retirement and coaching the Bills?

No doubt... he obviously has a lot of respect for Nix... if the dude wanted to coach some more, this would be the place. Maybe he really has no desire to do it anymore.

Mudflap1
01-07-2010, 12:27 PM
No doubt... he obviously has a lot of respect for Nix... if the dude wanted to coach some more, this would be the place. Maybe he really has no desire to do it anymore.

Also, if Buddy Nix, Marty Schottenheimer, Brian Schottenheimer, and Bill Cowher all come from the same common denominator (Marty), then why would Buddy have Marty, Brian, and Bill all competing with each other? That wouldn't happen out of respect for each other. You would go after one at a time. At this point, it's Cowher it looks like.

Mr Hotstepper
01-07-2010, 12:31 PM
Also, if Buddy Nix, Marty Schottenheimer, Brian Schottenheimer, and Bill Cowher all come from the same common denominator (Marty), then why would Buddy have Marty, Brian, and Bill all competing with each other? That wouldn't happen out of respect for each other. You would go after one at a time. At this point, it's Cowher it looks like.

I WANT COWHER!!!!!!!!!:bringit:

SquishDaFish
01-07-2010, 12:49 PM
I heard it also on the way home from work.

ZAZusmc03
01-07-2010, 01:02 PM
Excellent post, Thanks.

Its nice to come onto a bills message board and get posts that actually inspire real bills talk....

ddaryl
01-07-2010, 01:05 PM
Wow. Ralph has one chance to redeem himself and make this happen. The fans deserve this!

complete understatement looking back over th elast 10 years :handball:

ddaryl
01-07-2010, 01:06 PM
Excellent post, Thanks.

Its nice to come onto a bills message board and get posts that actually inspire real bills talk....

cool welcome aboard

take your shoes off and stay awhile and :awm:

Jeff1220
01-07-2010, 01:11 PM
The thing is, how does Cowher get a guarantee that the Bills will pony up for players. Is there a way to work that into his contract?
Also, how can they give him the power he wants (and deserves) w/o undermining the guy they just promoted?

WagonCircler
01-07-2010, 01:22 PM
Joe "The Cowler" Logan is becoming more credible by the minute!

trapezeus
01-07-2010, 02:15 PM
i wonder what marty believes is not a "protracted situation"

because it feels like we've been waiting forever.

SquishDaFish
01-07-2010, 03:36 PM
For people wanting sirius you can get an online subscription for cheap. Check sirius.com