PDA

View Full Version : Trestman

northernbillfan
01-07-2010, 01:21 PM
With everyone so caught up in a big "name" coach, why is the name Trestman not talk about much here lately?

Do we forget what a former Montreal coach once did for this team?

Don't the Bills need someone who doesn't have a big name to work with this bunch of misfits?

I'd say someone like Trestman will bring more to the table than say a Cowher or a Gruden would. Look at how many relatively unknown coaches took their teams to the next level this season and look at where the big names are now.

Kill me for saying this, but that's how I feel.

WagonCircler
01-07-2010, 01:24 PM
His CFL team just made a major production of extending his contract amid all the Bills rumors.

I highly doubt Trestman would have allowed that to happen if there was a chance he was going to blow them off in the end.

Mr Hotstepper
01-07-2010, 01:25 PM
Of course you feel that way your Canadian.

I be from Jamaica mon. And we want Cowher.

northernbillfan
01-07-2010, 01:25 PM
His CFL team just made a major production of extending his contract amid all the Bills rumors.

I highly doubt Trestman would have allowed that to happen if there was a chance he was going to blow them off in the end.Even though I am Canadian, I don't follow CFL at all and did not hear that.

Jaybird
01-07-2010, 01:26 PM
I live in Montreal, Trestman is one hell of a coach. However, he is no Bill Cower. I would love to see him as an OC with the bills this season.

His contract was extended this offseason after a grey cup victory

northernbillfan
01-07-2010, 01:26 PM

I highly doubt Trestman would have allowed that to happen if there was a chance he was going to blow them off in the end.See the above post.

Jaybird
01-07-2010, 01:27 PM

I highly doubt Trestman would have allowed that to happen if there was a chance he was going to blow them off in the end.

Montreal Alouettes!

northernbillfan
01-07-2010, 01:27 PM
I live in Montreal, Trestman is one hell of a coach. However, he is no Bill Cower. I would love to see him as an OC with the bills this season.

His contract was extended this offseason after a grey cup victoryAnd was that prior to his name being tossed around as a Bills coach?

northernbillfan
01-07-2010, 01:28 PM
Montreal Alouettes!If I'm a coach and I was weighing CFL dollars versus NFL dollars, I would have think not too long and not too hard about where to go.

Jaybird
01-07-2010, 01:31 PM
And was that prior to his name being tossed around as a Bills coach?
smack in the middle (right after the cfl season), but i think it has more to do with production. He went to the big dance his first 2 seasons with the team

justasportsfan
01-07-2010, 02:46 PM
the guy is a winner. He knows Offense.

yordad
01-07-2010, 02:53 PM

I be from Jamaica mon. And we want Cowher.Cowher is from Jamaica? :idunno:

chernobylwraiths
01-07-2010, 03:11 PM
I think Trestman's demeanor is too much like Jauron's.

Mudflap1
01-07-2010, 03:15 PM
Trestman extended his contract and took himself off the market for a new job a few weeks ago.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-07-2010, 03:24 PM
:deadhorse :please:
With everyone so caught up in a big "name" coach, why is the name Trestman not talk about much here lately?

Do we forget what a former Montreal coach once did for this team?

Don't the Bills need someone who doesn't have a big name to work with this bunch of misfits?

I'd say someone like Trestman will bring more to the table than say a Cowher or a Gruden would. Look at how many relatively unknown coaches took their teams to the next level this season and look at where the big names are now.

Kill me for saying this, but that's how I feel.

northernbillfan
01-07-2010, 05:12 PM
:deadhorse :please:Welcome to the Zone.

I only asked because I didn't want to wade through a million coaching prospects threads to get some info on this guy.

Oaf
01-08-2010, 12:06 AM
He's been mentioned often in the Raider's circles for replacing Cable. I think he might consider it seriously despite the contract extension. If nothing is imminent, I'd say it'd be a good move to interview him.

SABURZFAN
01-08-2010, 08:06 AM

i'm not Canadian but i'd like to see Trestman interviewed. i think he could give the Bills lethargic offense a shot in the arm.

DraftBoy
01-08-2010, 08:08 AM
Trestman would be a great OC hire and even as the HC, I wouldnt have a huge issue with it. Another guy who is a career long winner.

TigerJ
01-08-2010, 09:48 AM
I thought since I first heard Trestman brought up that he might make a terrific coach for the Bills, but at this point I think all the speculation is narrowing down to those that it appears the Bills are actually interested in. There's been no indication the Bills are the least bit interested in Trestman. It seems like a waste of time and effort to keep thinking about him.

justasportsfan
01-08-2010, 10:24 AM
I think Trestman's demeanor is too much like Jauron's.
but the difference is, Trestman gets great results from his players.

I'm not sure if Trestman is ready to be a HC in the NFL level, but the same can be said of Frazier, Rivera, Shotty Jr. or any other OC/DC thats hasn't had HC experience. I'm just tired of having a crappy O since Kelly left and Trestman does produce.

NorthCarBills
01-08-2010, 10:35 AM

Rastaman Live Up (with Cowher in Buffalo)