X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Owens is a no-show for Niners' minicamp

Terrell Owens was a no-show Monday when the San Francisco 49ers began a four-day mini-camp at team headquarters, meaning the All-Pro receiver has failed to attend each of the team's past three mini-camps.

Owens attended San Francisco's first spring mini-camp in early May, but was limited by a lingering groin injury and did not participate in team drills.

Coach Dennis Erickson, who spoke with Owens before the current camp began, said the receiver did not give a reason for his absence. Erickson also downplayed the fact that Owens was the only veteran on the roster not in attendance.

more
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Agent says Owens happy with contract

According to his representative, Terrell Owens has no quarrel about his current contract and will report for the 49ers' July 25 training camp on time.

Agent David Joseph has been reluctant to speak to the media about contract negotiations, but felt the need to clarify comments Owens made on Jim Rome's TV show.

Owens, when pressed about his contract status, said: "Compared to baseball and basketball I don't make enough money. . . . I'm not going to run out of money, but I still feel I'm underpaid."
    ...more
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• The_Philster
      • Jul 2002

One more season for Owens, max

Though the 49ers are talking to Terrell Owens' agent, it is not in their best interests to sign Owens to a new, long-term contract, and it is unlikely they will.

To fit a new contract under the cap, the 49ers would have to craft a deal that would pay him a huge signing bonus that they could stretch out, for salary-cap purposes, over a period of years, while paying a relatively low yearly salary.

Given owner John York's professed desire to run the 49ers as a business, it's not likely he'd approve a huge up-front payment. York also knows that contracts like this are what landed the 49ers in salary-cap hell in the late '90s; understandably, he doesn't want to do that, either
      more

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
        My IQ Test results came back negative
        • Oct 2002

what a punk not to show up to camps. does he think hes too good?

Comment

Working...
        X