PDA

View Full Version : Channel 2 news: Shotty on Cowher + billboard

Dicknoze69
01-07-2010, 04:07 PM
Channel 2 news had Adam Benigni as the lead for 5 pm news. He interviewed Marty Schottenheimer today and Marty said "Cowher and the Bills are a perfect fit" and he believes "it's very likely" Cowher will end up with the Bills. Benigni also added that the Bills are still strongly pursuing Cowher.

Also, after that segment, they showed Pat's billboard and mentioned BSD.

Benigni also mentioned Frazier being interviewed today and then Benigni went on to say he talked to Brian Billick today and he remains interested but has not been contacted.

Dying_-2-_Live
01-07-2010, 04:09 PM
THINGS ARE LOOK VERY GOOD... starting to get excited again after days of discouraging news

Demon
Great news.

Mudflap1
Channel 2 news had Adam Bergnini as the lead for 5 pm news. He interviewed Marty Schottenheimer today and Marty said "Cowher and the Bills are a perfect fit" and he believes "it's very likely" Cowher will end up with the Bills. Bergnini also added that the Bills are still strongly pursuing Cowher.

Now sit back and watch the onslaught of websites, AP news, tweets, sports radio, SportsCenter, and everything else go bananas.

Mudflap1
01-07-2010, 04:10 PM
THINGS ARE LOOK VERY GOOD... starting to get excited again after days of discouraging news

Only get excited when the deal closes.

WagonCircler
01-07-2010, 04:10 PM
(Hyperventilates)

mikemac2001
01-07-2010, 04:11 PM
we need that billboard up ASAP better if we can get it up friday just so we can get it on the pregame for CBS and have it take off

THRILLHO
01-07-2010, 04:12 PM
Channel 2 news had Adam Bergnini as the lead for 5 pm news. He interviewed Marty Schottenheimer today and Marty said "Cowher and the Bills are a perfect fit" and he believes "it's very likely" Cowher will end up with the Bills. Bergnini also added that the Bills are still strongly pursuing Cowher.

Of all the stuff we have heard in the last week, this is the most promising. That is not to say we are any closer, but it is better than anything Joe Logan has ever said.

B-DON
I have seen this happen way too many times to get excited now. It never ends good for us bills fans. ever

Mudflap1
I know what you are saying, but I'm not sure it matters. The news will be out there before then that the billboard is going up.

TrEd FTW
Schottenheimer is close to both Nix and Cowher. This bodes well. Very well.

Dicknoze69
01-07-2010, 04:13 PM
Schottenheimer is close to both Nix and Cowher. This bodes well. Very well.

My thoughts exactly.

Slim
01-07-2010, 04:14 PM
we need that billboard up ASAP better if we can get it up friday just so we can get it on the pregame for CBS and have it take off

It goes up Monday.

Mudflap1
01-07-2010, 04:14 PM
These guys are in a fraternity. It's noteworthy that Marty would open his mouth about what he thinks Cowher would do, and be that definitive about it.

mikemac2001
01-07-2010, 04:15 PM
It goes up Monday.

:nono:

patmoran2006
01-07-2010, 04:17 PM
anyone still think the billboard idea hurts?

LOL of course ya still do, but I luv ya's anyway

Slim
01-07-2010, 04:18 PM

I LOVE how BBMB is all over the idea know. Freaking hypocrites.

Mudflap1
01-07-2010, 04:19 PM

Just wait until one of NFL Network, ESPN, Fox Sports (your boy Jay Glazer!) or CBS national contacts you.

trapezeus
01-07-2010, 04:19 PM
it bodes well until it doesn't.

i'm the giddiest i've ever been for a huge deal coming out of OBD, but at the same time, i am preparing for the worst. 30 years of crappiness is hard to ignore.

homeslice5484
01-07-2010, 04:22 PM
we had a fire jauron billboard...and while i dont think he was fired because of it..he was still fired.

Now a hire Cowher one...cant hurt!

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-07-2010, 04:27 PM
we had a fire jauron billboard...and while i dont think he was fired because of it..he was still fired.

Now a hire Cowher one...cant hurt!

That is not totally true, I remember a lot of talking heads said Ralph would never fire a coach mid season.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-07-2010, 04:27 PM
man im hoping there is an announcement tonight or 2mor.... get it done ralph!!!!!!!

Mudflap1
01-07-2010, 04:34 PM
That is not totally true, I remember a lot of talking heads said Ralph would never fire a coach mid season.

That's true.

WagonCircler
01-07-2010, 04:37 PM
If all of this frenzy of information today is to be believed, wouldn't a billboard be overkill, or too late?

Maybe it should be a "Bills fans welcome Bill Cowher" billboard.

God, I hope so.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-07-2010, 04:39 PM
pat said it could be changed in a heartbeat so if cowher or someone is announced it can be changed

patmoran2006
01-07-2010, 04:55 PM
If all of this frenzy of information today is to be believed, wouldn't a billboard be overkill, or too late?

Maybe it should be a "Bills fans welcome Bill Cowher" billboard.

God, I hope so.

If Cowher is hired before or at any point of it being up, it will quickly be changed to welcome him

Aliceinchainsbills15
01-07-2010, 05:29 PM
Channel 2 news had Adam Benigni as the lead for 5 pm news. He interviewed Marty Schottenheimer today and Marty said "Cowher and the Bills are a perfect fit" and he believes "it's very likely" Cowher will end up with the Bills. Benigni also added that the Bills are still strongly pursuing Cowher.

Benigni also mentioned Frazier being interviewed today and then Benigni went on to say he talked to Brian Billick today and he remains interested but has not been contacted.
That's great to hear dude. Thanks for the info.:beers:

trapezeus
01-07-2010, 05:36 PM
i think to guarantee cowher, we need to arrange a billboard that has bud adams, his two middle fingers up in that leisure suit, and the quote, "you'll never have a winner ralphi. Never going to get cowher."

The second that billboard goes up, ralph will sign the deal. he's like marty mcfly getting called chicken. Ralph won't be told what he can and can't do.

Oaf
01-07-2010, 05:40 PM
Keep in mind Marty does not have any insider info on Cowher and is only giving his opinion based on his analysis on the situation.

So "very likely" doesn't mean anything beyond his opinion that the Bills and Cowher are a fit.

Mudflap1
01-07-2010, 05:42 PM
Bill Cowher was Marty Schottenheimer's protege. So I'd say there is certainly a chance they still talk. And Buddy Nix and Marty get along well.

don137
01-07-2010, 05:44 PM
The free publicity from the billboard is worth so much more than the cost of the billboard. I guarantee Cowher heard of it through some medium. It will not be enough to persuade him but it will definitely make him think 'this is my kind of football town.'

YardRat
01-07-2010, 05:46 PM

Except for the fact that he had done so before in the past.

ParanoidAndroid
01-07-2010, 06:02 PM
Nix = GM
Cowher = President and HC with final say.
That might end up being what he will need to take the job.

Michael82
01-07-2010, 07:29 PM
Interesting....Sounds like my thoughts last night about the Hickory, NC connection being Marty Schottenheimer may be right. I'm betting that both Brandon and Nix who flew from Buffalo to Hickory, NC last night met Cowher at Schottenheimer's house to keep it on the downlow. :up:

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=3103494&postcount=41

Ebenezer
01-07-2010, 07:56 PM
this all tells me that Shottzy is the next HC.

JPFBillsFan
01-07-2010, 08:05 PM
GOD I hope everyone doesn't get the rug pulled out from them after the last minute. Just keep in mind with Fraizer, this wasn't a Rooney Rule interview, they genuinely wanted to interview him. We're all missing the obvious stuff right in front of us instead opping for the fluff or pipe dream.