PDA

View Full Version : Are we wrong?

Beebe's Kid
01-07-2010, 04:37 PM
Was just listening to 550...and they had Clayton on, who is now saying it is going to be a Schotty affair...Brian and/or Marty.

Schopp and Bulldog don't even have a clue. They have a local AM sports show, and they could care less, let alone offer a half-intelligent opinion on this. Bulldog says "Marty said he wouldn't coach," completely missing that Marty has reverted to "not likely."

This is amazing, and all they said about the Bills on the whole show is that they are a washed up franchise, who couldn't land Russ Grimm. They do not even understand that they are playing a playoff game this weekend????

Not that I was ever crazy about these two, but they are really missing the boat, considering they are working for a station that claims to be the authority.

Clayton on the other hand, who was late as he was unable to locate his baby-carrot pee pee, completely negated Cowher. Just says Cowher is talking to us because he doesn't have anything to do.

I hate these guys, and if nothing else comes out of this, I want a cage-match between Coach Sal / J. Loge vs. Clayton / Schefter

Mudflap1
01-07-2010, 04:39 PM
Why would Bill Cowher talk to us if he had nothing to do? Why would Marty Schottenheimer say that he thinks Cowher is a great fit for Buffalo and very likely he could end up here on the Buffalo news? Marty would look pretty dumb if he ended up the coach. He'd look like a guy talking out of his butt on Day 1.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-07-2010, 04:40 PM
marty just said its very likely that cowher will be bills hc, clayton has and always will have something against buffalo. he talking out of his ass!!!!

Dicknoze69
01-07-2010, 04:42 PM
I don't think the "big-time" NFL talking heads like Clayton, Schefter, Mort, and to a lesser degree Glazer are as connected in Buffalo as they are in other places.

For one, the Bills haven't exactly been a hot-bed of information for the past decade and there just isn't the demand for a ton of Bills info. Secondly, the Bills are a pretty tight-lipped organization. You don't hear the leaks like you would in Washington, Dallas, etc. At this point, I think everyone assumes there's been a lot more activity happening at OBD in the past week then the "experts" would have you believe.

SABuffalo786
01-07-2010, 04:55 PM
ESPN's just beyond the pale. If we get Cowher, they lose any small ounce of credibility they had left in my eyes.

They might've been cool and hip in the 90s but now they just ****ing suck.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-07-2010, 04:57 PM
exactly back in the 80s and 90s espn was it, now they ****ing blow huge harry ball sack....

Lone Stranger
01-07-2010, 05:00 PM
Your comments on Schopp and Bulldog are right on. At least Howard Simon has the pulse of the people and has talked about the coaching situation. The other pair are either too arrogant or stupid to understand. Probably both.

Novacane
01-07-2010, 05:09 PM
Most of GR's hosts have a grudge against the Bills. They pimp the Sabres all the time for the obvious reason. I love the Sabres but this is still a football area first for most of us. Especially if the Bills get Cowher. This town will be all Bills Bills Bills all the time

YardRat
01-07-2010, 05:28 PM
The only thing that could make Schopp and the Bulldog's show any dumber is having Clayton on as a guest.

TrEd FTW
01-07-2010, 05:38 PM
That's the best Clayton can do? Seriously? Wow.

I know when I have nothing to do, I spend my leisure time going on job interviews when I have no intention of actually taking that job.

What an idiot.

don137
01-07-2010, 05:52 PM
ESPN likes to ditch the Bills because its easier to go attack a small market franchise instead of a large market franchise. If they had any balls they would go after the Jerry Jones & Dan Snyders and say how they are bad for the league.

DMBcrew36
01-07-2010, 05:58 PM
Most of GR's hosts have a grudge against the Bills. They pimp the Sabres all the time for the obvious reason. I love the Sabres but this is still a football area first for most of us. Especially if the Bills get Cowher. This town will be all Bills Bills Bills all the time

Bills Bills Bills all the time eh?

Maybe if they can learn how to turn off the suck. Until then - Sabres and Bills get equal time, and sometimes it is just Sabres, deservedly.

cwkbills
01-07-2010, 06:03 PM
Hello everyone. I listened to the John Clayton interview and the thing that got me was Clayton said that the Bills had contacted Cowher. Coach Sal said the same thing and they acted like he was just some guy sitting in his moms basement. Clayton basically confirmed to them what Coach told us last week, and I am sure if Coach comes out with anymore info they will just continue to treat it as false. I cannot stand Schopp.

baalworship
01-07-2010, 06:12 PM
Hello everyone. I listened to the John Clayton interview and the thing that got me was Clayton said that the Bills had contacted Cowher. Coach Sal said the same thing and they acted like he was just some guy sitting in his moms basement. Clayton basically confirmed to them what Coach told us last week, and I am sure if Coach comes out with anymore info they will just continue to treat it as false. I cannot stand Schopp.

There is no conflict between Coach Sal and John Clayton. Clayton is not saying the Bills never tried to get Cowher or that Cowher didn't listen to offer. Clayton is saying 100% that Cowher ultimately will not sign with Bills.

BTW, he said same thing with Shanahan and Bills.

JJamezz
01-07-2010, 06:13 PM
That segment was embarrassing even by John Clayton standards..

Beebe's Kid
01-07-2010, 08:23 PM
The only thing that could make Schopp and the Bulldog's show any dumber is having Clayton on as a guest.
:shoothead:

I was tuning into Thurman, and now I do Rome. Leave it on to hear the latest "Buffalo" news because I am one of few remaining Bills fans in Erie...most left for the Steelers. Anyway I would love to have another program to tune into...is there anything else on in the afternoon??

Schopp has to be the most negative guy I have ever heard, and Bulldog would turn on his mother to agree with him. They both spend the whole show struggling to sound clever. Unfortunately Schopp has a little (I mean little like Clayton's hoo-haw) potential, and with some Prozac and/or Pu##y he might be ok...Bulldog is horrible.

I have to agree, I usually don't make it through, but the current situation, I don't sleep, let alone get far from the Buffalo news, but I didn't know they even had Clayton on...

elltrain22
01-07-2010, 08:26 PM
Was just listening to 550...and they had Clayton on, who is now saying it is going to be a Schotty affair...Brian and/or Marty.

Schopp and Bulldog don't even have a clue. They have a local AM sports show, and they could care less, let alone offer a half-intelligent opinion on this. Bulldog says "Marty said he wouldn't coach," completely missing that Marty has reverted to "not likely."

This is amazing, and all they said about the Bills on the whole show is that they are a washed up franchise, who couldn't land Russ Grimm. They do not even understand that they are playing a playoff game this weekend????

Not that I was ever crazy about these two, but they are really missing the boat, considering they are working for a station that claims to be the authority.

Clayton on the other hand, who was late as he was unable to locate his baby-carrot pee pee, completely negated Cowher. Just says Cowher is talking to us because he doesn't have anything to do.

I hate these guys, and if nothing else comes out of this, I want a cage-match between Coach Sal / J. Loge vs. Clayton / Schefter

:rofl:

DMBcrew36
01-07-2010, 08:27 PM
:shoothead:

I was tuning into Thurman, and now I do Rome. Leave it on to hear the latest "Buffalo" news because I am one of few remaining Bills fans in Erie...most left for the Steelers. Anyway I would love to have another program to tune into...is there anything else on in the afternoon??

Schopp has to be the most negative guy I have ever heard, and Bulldog would turn on his mother to agree with him. They both spend the whole show struggling to sound clever. Unfortunately Schopp has a little (I mean little like Clayton's hoo-haw) potential, and with some Prozac and/or Pu##y he might be ok...Bulldog is horrible.

I have to agree, I usually don't make it through, but the current situation, I don't sleep, let alone get far from the Buffalo news, but I didn't know they even had Clayton on...

Rome's show is usually quite boring to the point of being painful - especially when he is discussing jungle-ball. Schopp and Bulldog have their moments of being alright, as well as their moments of sounding like dumbasses wearing earplugs (they refuse any opinion but their own, even when they sound like idiots).

WGR mornings from 7am-9am are good