PDA

View Full Version : The guy i feel the worst for is:

trapezeus
01-07-2010, 04:40 PM
Honestly after all this hype, all the signs pointing that we are close to cowher, all the feelings that 100% of the fan base (even the most skeptical) want cowher, I will feel bad (just a little) for the dude who does have to take the job.

I'm sitting here and shaking my head at coaches 3 months ago i would have scooped up like a puppy to be our head coach. but the stage has been set for only one man to rescue this team.

Say what you will about ralph, the front office, jim kelly, and thurman, but it seems like they really are trying. If they don't get them, they better explain very clearly to the fan base what happened from 12/31 (hiring of Nix) to the day they announce the poor schmuck who gets hired.

I literally think this is the difference between 35-40,000 people at the home games vs, waiting list. book it. and book cowher in buffalo blue. We need this.

Mudflap1
01-07-2010, 04:41 PM
I generally make it a point not to feel sorry for someone that makes $3+ million per year. Especially in a great football town like Buffalo.

trapezeus
01-07-2010, 04:44 PM
fair enough on the $ amounts. but you don't think that if you spent your whole life trying to get to the HC position, it's offered to you and you jump at it, but the whole community just boo's the hell out of you because you aren't cowher that that wouldn't suck? That guy could claim he was set up to fail from the get go.

point is, that guy will have to put together a winner faster than cowher. i've said a couple times, if cowher goes 2-14, but the games are competitive, the QB is discovered and an OL starts showing signs of life, i'll be all on board. you bring in a newbie, he goes 7-9 and the team is lifeless, he will be run out of here pretty quickly.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-07-2010, 04:46 PM
bill cowher will get a minimum 5 years to rebuild this team... he will turn it around in 2

FlyingDutchman
01-07-2010, 04:46 PM
I was just thinking the saaaaaame thing. I dont want to be anywhere near this message board if he doesnt sign with us....not gonna be good...

Mudflap1
01-07-2010, 04:47 PM
I'm a Bills fan. I want Cowher. He's the best available coach. If the Bills hire someone else, I won't be mad at the guy they hire, I'll be mad at Ralph Wilson and Russ Brandon. The Bills are the only NFL opening out of 32 teams right now. Therefore, if Cowher is interested, the Bills need to get the deal done. It has nothing to do with the backup plan. There are a lot of backup guys that end up getting hired. Happens every year. If you are making the millions, you gotta be a big boy and handle the heat in the kitchen.

trapezeus
01-07-2010, 04:51 PM
don't get me wrong, i'll hold the bills and ralph solely responsible for the whole thing. not a chance i won't.

but just seeing some newbie giving the same "i want to win. my bankn account password is superbowl! blah blah blah." I want results. i can actually make it through an offseason this year if cowher is the coach. If some newbie is, i'm going to just be bitter rant after bitter rant, with a side of sarcastic funny that is so incredibly bitter than you might just forget it's funny.

They need to make this happen like 2 days ago. This is worse than being a kid waiting for christmas. At least you knew which day christmas was. And you had a pretty good idea if you didn't get the puppy under the tree, something cool would keep your time. we could have the greatest gift ever, or we'll be thrown out of the house at age 5. That's a lot of volatility.

realdealryan
01-07-2010, 05:03 PM
All he'll have to do is win.

T-Long
01-07-2010, 05:08 PM
If Cowher doesn't take the job and they bring somebody else in, I won't boo him or trash the coach or anything. I'm a fan of this TEAM, no matter what stupid mistakes they may make. It will make winning again all the better.

trapezeus
01-07-2010, 05:09 PM
i don't think 70,000 who have been drinking will remember that's how they feel.

baalworship
01-07-2010, 06:07 PM
I don't know. I suspect the average fan is not the same as those who post on a message board covering the Bills during the off-season.

If any new coach comes in here and actually looks like they belong they will get a chance. But no matter who comes in here we have all been waiting for more than a decade and the fans have already run out of patience with this team.

yordad
01-07-2010, 06:26 PM
OMG, if it isn't Cowher the fans are going to eat him alive.

DBrown77
01-07-2010, 06:44 PM
If the Bills dont get Cowher, then I think its Cowhers decision and not the Bills

yordad
01-07-2010, 07:13 PM
If the Bills dont get Cowher, then I think its Cowhers decision and not the BillsWell, no one would think it was the new coaches fault, but that wouldn't make fans any more happy with the hire.

TheBrownBear
01-07-2010, 07:16 PM
Lots of good candidates out there. If not Cowher, we'll get someone else in here that will steer the ship in the right direction. Face it, we are due for some success. Nobody in the NFL sucks forever...even the Bengals.