PDA

View Full Version : there is no doubt in my mind...

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-07-2010, 04:49 PM
That a Cowher hire is more then a football hire... it is a regional hire.... it effects the entire region on so many levels... it lifts the region both emotionally as well as in how it is percieved accross the country.

I would bet money that if you did a study you would see productivity pick up and a different environment accross the region if cowher is hired.

So in essence ALL western NYers have a stake in this. A cowher hire means more then just football

Mudflap1
01-07-2010, 04:50 PM
It's big, you are right about that. No question. This is more than hiring a good coach. This is a statement and will revitalize a city.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-07-2010, 04:51 PM
man i hope cowher comes here, man i hope....

SABuffalo786
01-07-2010, 05:12 PM
Let's not get carried away. The hype will be massive but Cowher will still have to rebuild this team and take us back to the playoffs before you see any huge social ripples across WNY.

TheBrownBear
01-07-2010, 05:16 PM
Lol...not to rain on anyone's parade, but the hiring of a football coach isn't going to revitalize a city. We went to four Super Bowls. What good did that do in the long-run for Buffalo? A more likely scenario is Cowher goes .500 for three seasons and then we run him out of town.

d1220
01-07-2010, 05:16 PM
Let's not get carried away. The hype will be massive but Cowher will still have to rebuild this team and take us back to the playoffs before you see any huge social ripples across WNY.

I think the fan base would be much more patient with Cowher than they would be with any other coach, therefore it is a good marketing move as well.

I would gladly pay up to $25 more per ticket if Cowher were the coach, regardless of record.

yordad
01-07-2010, 05:30 PM
I think if he is hired National Fuel and National Grid will lower the cost of natural gas.

:idunno:

Oaf
01-07-2010, 05:38 PM
interesting thought...