there is no doubt in my mind...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • THE END OF ALL DAYS
    The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
    • Feb 2005

there is no doubt in my mind...

That a Cowher hire is more then a football hire... it is a regional hire.... it effects the entire region on so many levels... it lifts the region both emotionally as well as in how it is percieved accross the country.

I would bet money that if you did a study you would see productivity pick up and a different environment accross the region if cowher is hired.

So in essence ALL western NYers have a stake in this. A cowher hire means more then just football
    In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.
  • Mudflap1
    Next Question!
    • Nov 2004

Re: there is no doubt in my mind...

It's big, you are right about that. No question. This is more than hiring a good coach. This is a statement and will revitalize a city.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
      Formerly MARCELL DAREUS POWER, now posting as DANNY BATTEN POWER
      • Jan 2010

man i hope cowher comes here, man i hope....

Comment

• SABuffalo786
        • Feb 2003

Let's not get carried away. The hype will be massive but Cowher will still have to rebuild this team and take us back to the playoffs before you see any huge social ripples across WNY.
        "Do me a favor, say a prayer for brother Timmy. And tip a cold one. Go Bills." - Tom Brokaw

We are the Rockpile
        We are the Rockpile
        We are the Rockpile
        BUFF-A-LO

Comment

• TheBrownBear
          • Dec 2004

Lol...not to rain on anyone's parade, but the hiring of a football coach isn't going to revitalize a city. We went to four Super Bowls. What good did that do in the long-run for Buffalo? A more likely scenario is Cowher goes .500 for three seasons and then we run him out of town.

Comment

• d1220
            • Aug 2003

Originally posted by SABuffalo786
            Let's not get carried away. The hype will be massive but Cowher will still have to rebuild this team and take us back to the playoffs before you see any huge social ripples across WNY.

I think the fan base would be much more patient with Cowher than they would be with any other coach, therefore it is a good marketing move as well.

I would gladly pay up to $25 more per ticket if Cowher were the coach, regardless of record.
            "Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

--- Calvin Coolidge

Comment

• yordad
              • Dec 2007

I think if he is hired National Fuel and National Grid will lower the cost of natural gas.

"Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Oaf
                Do you read what you write?
                • Jun 2007

interesting thought...

Comment

Working...
                X