PDA

View Full Version : Lombardi just said

X-Era
01-07-2010, 06:24 PM
He has spoken to a team source who says they are very close to making a decision and they think they have their man.

Would not say who.

X-Era
01-07-2010, 06:25 PM
Cough-chin-cough

Mudflap1
He has spoken to a team source who says they are very close to making a decision and they think they have their man.

Would not say who.

Wow. Was this NFL Network?

Nighthawk
I'll f'n be pissed if they hire Frazier!!! Another cheap hire and one interview....that would be so the Bills!

NOT THE DUDE...
01-07-2010, 06:26 PM
i just watched nfl network and mike lombardi said he talked to someone in the bills organization and that person said the bills are very close to naming their new head coach.... gotta be cowher right??

T-Long
God I seriously can not take it any longer!!!!!!!!!!

shelby
watch, it will be Frazier.....because that's how OBD rolls.

:hang:

Nighthawk
Cough-chin-cough

More likely another mediocre hire like Frazier...

Ferrygoat
I'll f'n be pissed if they hire Frazier!!! Another cheap hire and one interview....that would be so the Bills!

me too

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-07-2010, 06:27 PM
I swear to god if it's LF I'm going to hurt a few people.

Nighthawk
i just watched nfl network and mike lombardi said he talked to someone in the bills organization and that person said the bills are very close to naming their new head coach.... gotta be cowher right??

Or crappy Frazier...ughh...or Fewell!!!!

shelby
threads merged for your convenience.....

Crisis
01-07-2010, 06:28 PM
i honestly don't hate frazier, however anyone but cowher will leave me severely disappointed.

NorthCarBills
01-07-2010, 06:28 PM
Goldie Hawn, former Wildcats HC?

Bulldog
01-07-2010, 06:29 PM
I would think if it was anyone other than Cowher, there would be more interviews than just Frazier. I'm starting to think this may just happen after all.

Michael82
There's no way that the team would end all their interviews if it's just Frazier. IT HAS TO BE BILL COWHER! I can feel it. :pray:

Nighthawk
Now if this was any other organization, I would suggest that it may be Cowher because Mangini staying with the Browns means that Fox is not going anywhere, so the timing would be right. However, because I'm a Bills fan, my gut tells me it's that pile of crap Frazier...Dick Jauron, Jr.!

NOT THE DUDE...
people it cant be frazier because he is still with the vikings, they cant hire him until after their season....

Michael82
I would think if it was anyone other than Cowher, there would be more interviews than just Frazier. I'm starting to think this may just happen after all.

EXACTLY! :hi5:

Dicknoze69
01-07-2010, 06:30 PM
The Bills can't hire Frazier until the Vikings are eliminated from the playoffs. Therefore, he cannot (as of right now) be named the Bills head coach.

jimbledsoe
Frazier still has to go through the playoffs. I do not think they can hire him, or would hire him untill his teams season is over.

Go Bills

Nighthawk
people it cant be frazier because he is still with the vikings, they cant hire him until after their season....

This is the only thing that gives me hope, but then again...Fewell is the other interview? :please: NO!

ServoBillieves
Frazier.

X-Era
01-07-2010, 06:31 PM
If, the Bills are about to make a decision, can we draw conclusions based on what we think we know?

1) They interviewed Fewell, hes now interviewing with the Bears- Its not him
2) They just got back from interviewing Frazier- Hes in play
3) They have been speaking with Cowher- Hes in play

Thats all they have interviewed with so far.

Now, if its Frazier, hes a hot name, but a coord, and not the only coord whos hot. Why now if its him? We could sign him later, and may have to wait until the playoffs are over.

To me, this could be good news on the Cowher front. If the logic follows, and the list of interviewees so far is accurate, and if were about to decide... I think its Cowher.

NOT THE DUDE...
it has to be cowher, frazier cant accept the job until possibly feb.

X-Era
Wow. Was this NFL Network? Yes

Dr. Pepper
01-07-2010, 06:32 PM
probly frazier. we'll be left hanging until the vikings are out of the playoffs.

Lexwhat
01-07-2010, 06:32 PM
The Bills can't hire Frazier until the Vikings are eliminated from the playoffs. Therefore, he cannot (as of right now) be named the Bills head coach.

According to X-Era's post, the Bills are close to making a decision. Lombardi never said we will actually hire someone.

T-Long
01-07-2010, 06:33 PM
So far we know for sure that they interviewed Fewell and Frazier and maybe Rivera. No way Fewell is getting the job, Frazier can't be officially hired until the Vikes are eliminated, and I highly doubt they interviewed Rivera already...so....

COWHER POWER BABY!!!! COME ON RALPIE!!

Poz's Posse
Its Marty Ball

Nighthawk
If, the Bills are about to make a decision, can we draw conclusions based on what we think we know?

1) They interviewed Fewell, hes now interviewing with the Bears- Its not him
2) They just got back from interviewing Frazier- Hes in play
3) They have been speaking with Cowher- Hes in play

Thats all they have interviewed with so far.

Now, if its Frazier, hes a hot name, but a coord, and not the only coord whos hot. Why now if its him? We could sign him anytime.

To me, this could be good news on the Cowher front. If the logic follows, and the list of interviewees so far is accurate, and if were about to decide... I think its Cowher.

Do not discount the fact that it COULD be Marty Schottenheimer...I'm sure it's possible that Nix has already interviewed him. Oh, and didn't Nix say they would narrow the list of potential candidates down to 2 or 3 then decide? Well...Fewell, Frazier & Cowher would make 3. I don't know...too much stuff to weed through!

mikemac2001
Does this make my email more likely?

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-07-2010, 06:34 PM
Well if isn't Cowher I'll be rounding up a posse, anyone want in?

Dicknoze69
01-07-2010, 06:34 PM
According to X-Era's post, the Bills are close to making a decision. Lombardi never said we will actually hire someone.

Good point. If the Bills decide Frazier is their man after one interview (without interviewing anyone else) prepare for Buffalo armageddon.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-07-2010, 06:35 PM
they have been talking to cowher for 1 month now, they just interviewed frazier, it has to be cowher!!!!!

Nighthawk
So far we know for sure that they interviewed Fewell and Frazier and maybe Rivera. No way Fewell is getting the job, Frazier can't be officially hired until the Vikes are eliminated, and I highly doubt they interviewed Rivera already...so....

COWHER POWER BABY!!!! COME ON RALPIE!!

Chris Brown just post on BBMB that the Bills have not contacted SD for permission to interview Rivera.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/01/07/ron-rivera-update/

Dr. Pepper
Do not discount the fact that it COULD be Marty Schottenheimer...I'm sure it's possible that Nix has already interviewed him. Oh, and didn't Nix say they would narrow the list of potential candidates down to 2 or 3 then decide? Well...Fewell, Frazier & Cowher would make 3. I don't know...too much stuff to weed through!

well, with marty coming out and saying cowher to buffalo is a great fit and he'll probly end up there, i doubt he (marty) is a candidate for the position.

JJamezz
they have been talking to cowher for 1 month now, they just interviewed frazier, it has to be frazier!!!!!

There, fixed that for you.

T-Long
I would be pumped if it's Marty too...but we are just being spoiled with all of this Cowher talk.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
Does this make my email more likely?

If it's Cowher then you must have ties with Joe Logan

T-Long
01-07-2010, 06:36 PM
Chris Brown just post on BBMB that the Bills have not contacted SD for permission to interview Rivera.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/01/07/ron-rivera-update/
as soon as I posted that I read that as well. It's gotta be Cowher right???

Pinkerton Security
01-07-2010, 06:37 PM

you just made my day dude!!! i was sure it was frazier, i mean who else have we interviewed??

BILLSROCK1212
i'll tell u what...whether it's frazier or cowher, someone over here or at bbmb has their sources

Nighthawk

This is the Bills we're talking about...I want to believe it is, but I just have this awful gut feeling that Frazier is the guy. I will be so pissed!

X-Era
Good point. If the Bills decide Frazier is their man after one interview (without interviewing anyone else) prepare for Buffalo armageddon.

Oh yes, fool yourself not. I will be not only convinced its more of the same, but I will be pissed.

There's zero reason to stop the search at Frazier, if its Frazier, you interview everyone and convince yourself over and over hes the right guy before you do that.

I think its Cowher.

X-Era
01-07-2010, 06:38 PM

I cant see who else it could be.

It could be Frazier.

I dont know the rules on hiring coaches who are in the playoffs.

pashi911
01-07-2010, 06:38 PM
If the announcement is imminent, how could it possibly be Frasier if he's still in the playoffs? That doesn't sound right to me.

Dicknoze69
01-07-2010, 06:39 PM
The decision on who the coach will be is imminent...but NOT the announcement.

Dr. Pepper
01-07-2010, 06:40 PM
they probly re-hired jauron.

Mudflap1
Oh yes, fool yourself not. I will be not only convinced its more of the same, but I will be pissed.

There's zero reason to stop the search at Frazier, if its Frazier, you interview everyone and convince yourself over and over hes the right guy before you do that.

I think its Cowher.

I agree. You don't stop the process for Frazier. I don't think they can stop the process for Frazier, he's still on a playoff team. You stop the process for Cowher.

X-Era

Dammit Shelby, your too good for this. :lol:

I cant believe it would be Frazier, no reason to do it now and end the search, you look at everyone and then pick whomever you like if its a newbie HC.

don137
Frazier still has to go through the playoffs. I do not think they can hire him, or would hire him untill his teams season is over.

Go Bills
That's exactly what I was thinking. Throw in the fact that Frazier has not met Ralph and I can't think it will be him...

Nighthawk

If it's Frazier, then they pretty much did!

Novacane
01-07-2010, 06:41 PM

If they made that decision from 1 interview the fan base will go bilistic.

Nighthawk
01-07-2010, 06:43 PM
If they made that decision from 1 interview the fan base will go bilistic.

And all the fans better let the Bills organization know it...and the press needs to also! Again, that's if it is Frazier...

X-Era
01-07-2010, 06:43 PM
I think, one way or another, this decision will be leaked before Monday. Just my guess.

JJamezz
01-07-2010, 06:44 PM
If this is the exact quote (taken from a poster on bb.com), I have a very bad feeling..

"You know Buffalo has quietly been going underground... they are doing their interviews. They interviewed Leslie Frazier. They are talking to a lot of people in the league. But somebody I spoke to in the organization tells me they are very close to making a decision. They think they know which way they want to go. Wouldn't tell me which way they are going to go. But I think they have their guy in mind."

Novacane
01-07-2010, 06:45 PM
Now if this was any other organization, I would suggest that it may be Cowher because Mangini staying with the Browns means that Fox is not going anywhere, so the timing would be right. However, because I'm a Bills fan, my gut tells me it's that pile of crap Frazier...Dick Jauron, Jr.!

I know how you feel but it's going to be differant this time. It's gotta be Cowher. They would not have made the decision this fast on anyone else.

gordong
01-07-2010, 06:45 PM
Well if isn't Cowher I'll be rounding up a posse, anyone want in?

YES.

pashi911
01-07-2010, 06:46 PM

:giggity: :giggity: lolololololol

X-Era
01-07-2010, 06:47 PM
I think he got the clarification he needed:

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/01/07/thurman-gives-shout-out-to-cowher/

Is Ralph serious or not? If he is, he needs to put his money where his mouth is. If not, its the Bills fault we didn't get him, not that we couldn't have done it.

Dr. Lecter
I like Frazier, but if they hire him and interview nobody else......

Bmax
Jim Harbaugh !!!!! LOL.....

ChristopherWalken
01-07-2010, 06:48 PM
That's crazy because Lombardi just reported this morning that he believed the Bills were going to take their time in hunting a new HC, and he thought they were no where close to making a decision. These guys constantly conridict themselves.

El Guapo
01-07-2010, 06:49 PM
What does Joe Logan have to say about this?

ddaryl

my god it could not be

Frazier is just OBD throwing everyone off the scent. Right guys... tell me I'm right :birds:

Nighthawk
I like Frazier, but if they hire him and interview nobody else......

Why would you like Frazier? He is a defensive minded coach, is emotionless, has no fire and would run the Cover 2. Now tell me something that is good about him?

X-Era
That's crazy because Lombardi just reported this morning that he believed the Bills were going to take their time in hunting a new HC, and he thought they were no where close to making a decision. These guys constantly conridict themselves.
And I will admit that I am adding things together on this, when much of what Im using for the logic is speculation.

I'm hopeful, like all Bills fans that they finally are turning the corner.

X-Era
01-07-2010, 06:50 PM
my god it could not be

Frazier is just OBD throwing everyone off the scent. Right guys... tell me I'm right :birds:

It makes no sense if its Frazier.

ddaryl

What would Chuck Norris DO ?

and

What would Joe Logan SAY?

the legend of Joe Logan grows

Dr. Pepper

Joe Logan is the new coach! hows that for a twist?? :mbb:

ddaryl
01-07-2010, 06:51 PM
It makes no sense if its Frazier.

yeah and I'm serious in my suggestion that Frazier was OBD attempt at throwing everyone off the scent.

patmoran2006
01-07-2010, 06:52 PM
Hypothetically they could decide to hire Frazier now, and then not announce it until the VIkes are eliminated.

But there is nothing to force them to interview anyone else, if they so decided on Frazier

which I dont think and better not have happened. If they cant get cowher, and they hire frazier without even talking to rivera, harbaugh or whomever, then they are even worse than I thought

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-07-2010, 06:53 PM
It could be Marty

TheBrownBear
01-07-2010, 06:55 PM
My father is pals with a couple of the big stars from the "glory days." According to them, both Frazier and Fewell "wowed" Bills brass during their interviews. Apparently, the Bills F.O. hadn't seen such prepared/quality candidates since Gregg Williams turned heads a decade ago. They feel both candidates would provide stability and continue to build on the groundwork laid by Jauron. An announcement on one of these guys should happen no later than tomorrow.

X-Era
01-07-2010, 06:56 PM
Hypothetically they could decide to hire Frazier now, and then not announce it until the VIkes are eliminated.

But there is nothing to force them to interview anyone else, if they so decided on Frazier

which I dont think and better not have happened. If they cant get cowher, and they hire frazier without even talking to rivera, harbaugh or whomever, then they are even worse than I thought

Pat, I dont see your logic.

Why hire a guy who isnt available now and is only a coord? Theres a slew of other coords that you could also interview and then pick your best.

Cowher makes sense if its now, not Frazier.

Nighthawk
01-07-2010, 06:56 PM
My father is pals with a couple of the big stars from the "glory days." According to them, both Frazier and Fewell "wowed" Bills brass during their interviews. Apparently, the Bills F.O. hadn't seen such prepared/quality candidates since Gregg Williams turned heads a decade ago. They feel both candidates would provide stability and continue to build on the groundwork laid by Jauron. An announcement on one of these guys should happen no later than tomorrow.

Very funny, but very possible and true!

Nighthawk
01-07-2010, 06:58 PM
Pat, I dont see your logic.

Why hire a guy who isnt available now and is only a coord? Theres a slew of other coords that you could also interview and then pick your best.

Cowher makes sense if its now, not Frazier.

Why hire a 70 year old, first time GM when there are plenty of bright, up & coming candidates that are very interested in running their own teams? See what I'm getting at?

Zero

I'm hoping for our sake, that you and you father's pals are DEAD wrong:shoothead:

WeAreArthurMoates
Just so everyone knows Leslie is a fantastic motivator, unlike Jauron.

Dr. Lecter
I just wonder if this report is as accurate as the 489 other reports that have been out there the last three days.

Dr. Pepper
01-07-2010, 07:00 PM

the FO thinks jauron laid groundwork? :blowup:

Novacane
01-07-2010, 07:00 PM

Not funny.

T-Long
01-07-2010, 07:01 PM
If it is Fewell I will seriously retire today as a Bills fan. I could not even imagine that being a possibility. No way Buddy lets that happen.

X-Era
01-07-2010, 07:01 PM

:yawn:

Prov401
01-07-2010, 07:02 PM
I cannot remember a time where somebody was named head coach of an NFL team, while the team they are coaching for, is still playing in the post-season. I'd highly doubt it's Frazier.

It's either Cowher or Fewell.

Nighthawk
01-07-2010, 07:03 PM

Not really...

Mudflap1
Chris Brown posted a little while ago that Fewell is officially interviewing with Chicago for their DC position on Monday.

WagonCircler
Goldie Hawn, former Wildcats HC?

I'd like to conduct that interview personally.

Night Train
01-07-2010, 07:04 PM
My God. There are 81 people currently viewing this thread ! :rofl:

Are we getting cookies for reading it ?

Philagape
01-07-2010, 07:05 PM

That was the one thing Dick could do. His players loved him and played hard for him.
(well except TO and Peters)

hydro
01-07-2010, 07:05 PM

94 now :roflmao:

Yasgur's Farm
01-07-2010, 07:06 PM
I don't know about cookies... But I got a rising french loaf of bread going on!

WagonCircler
I cannot remember a time where somebody was named head coach of an NFL team, while the team they are coaching for, is still playing in the post-season. I'd highly doubt it's Frazier.

It's either Cowher or Fewell.

It happened to the Bills.

Ted Marchibroda.

I still think it's Cowher.

I will need Prozac if it's not.

Dr. Lecter
I'm moderating it, in case hydro misbehaves.

realdealryan

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

By the way, it's at about the 2:45 mark of this video -

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d81594b1e/Around-the-League

Nighthawk

Everybody is officially going into "worried mode" that this organization has, yet again, screwed it up!

Dr. Lecter
It happened to the Bills.

Ted Marchibroda.

I still think it's Cowher.

I will need Prozac if it's not.

If you are the same WagonCircler, you have always needed the stuff!

ChristopherWalken
01-07-2010, 07:07 PM
any report from Joe Logan?

Typ0
01-07-2010, 07:08 PM
I want so bad to think Wilson hasn't totally lost his marbles. I suffer from giving people chances after chances I know I do. I just can't imagine hiring someone that's never done the position before is a good thing right now.

Dying_-2-_Live
HOW SOON IS SOON?

Zero
Frazier and Fewell are just uninspired hirings in my opinion. Given that the front office has little credibility left with the fans on top of the fact that the fanbase, as a whole , is ready to revolt, the organization really needs to knock this out of the park.

Cntrygal

It's kinda sad... LOL

Night Train
01-07-2010, 07:09 PM
any report from Joe Logan?

He just watched SpongeBob and was upset it was one he watched from last Friday.

WagonCircler
If you are the same WagonCircler, you have always needed the stuff!

Not as long as they keep making Scotch.

Cntrygal
I wonder what the thread viewing record is.... we're at 93 now. LOL

Aliceinchainsbills15
they have been talking to cowher for 1 month now, they just interviewed frazier, it has to be cowher!!!!!
Makes sense to me.

Mudflap1
01-07-2010, 07:10 PM
I want so bad to think Wilson hasn't totally lost his marbles. I suffer from giving people chances after chances I know I do. I just can't imagine hiring someone that's never done the position before is a good thing right now.

That's what I'm holding out hope for. That someone over at OBD hasn't totally lost touch with reality and realizes there will be an insurrection by the fans and the entire region of WNY if they hire a first time head coach after three interviews when the Bills are the only team with an available slot right now, and Bill Cowher is sitting out there wanting to coach, and been in dialogue with the Bills.

Michael82
01-07-2010, 07:10 PM
Actually...you know what, the only reason to stop the interview process if it's 1 of 2 candidates... Bill Cowher and Marty Schottenheimer. Anyone else and they would piss off the whole fan base and would lose thousands of season ticket sales.

buffalochip92
01-07-2010, 07:11 PM
I hope that Russ and Ralph realize what hiring Frazier would do to them, and I think they are smarter then that.

Yasgur's Farm
01-07-2010, 07:12 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

By the way, it's at about the 2:45 mark of this video -

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d81594b1e/Around-the-League (http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d81594b1e/Around-the-League[/quote] That's) 2:45 in? That's just not as encouraging as I'd hoped.

tothemillers
they would be the laughing stock of the league if they went with a coordinator this quickly and did not finish all the int. that could be done . hopefully ralph stepped up bill said yes!

ChristopherWalken
He just watched SpongeBob and was upset it was one he watched from last Friday.

That has to be code for "The Bills just signed Cowher!"

Michael82
I hope that Russ and Ralph realize what hiring Frazier would do to them, and I think they are smarter then that.

I wouldn't mind Frazier. He's a good candidate. but I would expect more interviews before they hire him and I would want to hear that Cowher said no.

paladin warrior
OKay OKay How many votes for Cowher Or Frazier?

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-07-2010, 07:13 PM
Everybody is officially going into "worried mode" that this organization has, yet again, screwed it up!

I think that's an understatement

ChristopherWalken
01-07-2010, 07:14 PM
OKay OKay How many votes for Cowher Or Frazier?

How high can you count?

realdealryan
2:45 in? That's just not as encouraging as I'd hoped.

Yeah.......it wasn't much. However, it was more than I expected from news outlets outside of Buffalo.

Aliceinchainsbills15
Hiring Frezier would def make a bad first impression by Nix

don137

Well, there has been a precendence set....

plundar
01-07-2010, 07:15 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! I'm going crazy over this I hope it's BILL to the BILLS!!

Probably Jim Hasslet on a "stealth" meeting to surprise us all.

Dr. Pepper
01-07-2010, 07:17 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! I'm going crazy over this I hope it's BILL to the BILLS!!

Probably Jim Hasslet on a "stealth" meeting to surprise us all.

thats an awesome avatar.

patmoran2006
01-07-2010, 07:17 PM
Im really sorry to say this. But knowing Lombardi, if the Bills were "really close" to deciding, he'd be wanting to report its Cowher

Mudflap1
01-07-2010, 07:19 PM
Im really sorry to say this. But knowing Lombardi, if the Bills were "really close" to deciding, he'd be wanting to report its Cowher

Of course he would, but allegedly his source didn't tell him who the choice was, so Lombardi (allegedly) doesn't know.

Novacane
01-07-2010, 07:20 PM

Of couse he would but he said the source did not tell him who.

paladin warrior
How high can you count? 1 Million for Cowher and 5 for Frazier.:D:

Mahdi

yup.

Dicknoze69
01-07-2010, 07:21 PM
I know Lombardi worked in Cleveland's personnel dept. Was that when Schotty and Cowher were there as well? I'm fairly sure they were.

That's another possible connection I suppose.

patmoran2006
01-07-2010, 07:22 PM
I am hoping that Marty is more in the looop than Lombardi

Mudflap1
01-07-2010, 07:27 PM
I know Lombardi worked in Cleveland's personnel dept. Was that when Schotty and Cowher were there as well? I'm fairly sure they were.

That's another possible connection I suppose.

Cowher was player in Cleveland under Schottenheimer. Cowher was an assistant in Cleveland under Schottenheimer (ST I think). Cowher was DC in Kansas City under Schottenheimer, which then led to Cowher becoming head coach of Pittsburgh. Schottenheimer and Nix worked together in San Diego. There is a real likelihood they are all in the loop.

yordad
01-07-2010, 07:28 PM
Chris Brown posted a little while ago that Fewell is officially interviewing with Chicago for their DC position on Monday.So he is giving the Bills til Monday? Or is his schedule simply that full?

kingmixer
01-07-2010, 07:29 PM
thats an awesome avatar.

I think its going to be Haslett......a family member lives in his neighborhood and Haslett said he was interviewing Wed night or today.

Mr Hotstepper
01-07-2010, 07:30 PM
Cowher was player in Cleveland under Schottenheimer. Cowher was an assistant in Cleveland under Schottenheimer (ST I think). Cowher was DC in Kansas City under Schottenheimer, which then led to Cowher becoming head coach of Pittsburgh. Schottenheimer and Nix worked together in San Diego. There is a real likelihood they are all in the loop.

YOU MEAN PITTSBURGH HIRED SOMEONE THAT DIDN'T HAVE A TRACK RECORD AS HEAD COACH AND WON THE SUPER BOWL??

Oh wait, it just happened to them AGAIN.

X-Era
01-07-2010, 07:31 PM
HOW SOON IS SOON?

Who knows.

I wish we had more but we dont. Just thought Id bring the info here.

Nighthawk
01-07-2010, 07:31 PM
I wouldn't mind Frazier. He's a good candidate. but I would expect more interviews before they hire him and I would want to hear that Cowher said no.

Again, I asked Lecter this and I'll ask you it...why is Frazier a good candidate?

don137
01-07-2010, 07:36 PM

Maybe they did not say who it was to him.

ChristopherWalken
01-07-2010, 07:38 PM
If the Bills do happen to hire Cowher, I wonder if I can take long term disability for having a permanent erection?

X-Era
01-07-2010, 07:39 PM
Maybe they did not say who it was to him.

Exactly, they don't want to break it until its real... its smart actually.

ajgoff1286
01-07-2010, 07:42 PM
I honestly can't see how it could anybody but Cowher with only one interview.

Nighthawk
01-07-2010, 07:47 PM
I honestly can't see how it could anybody but Cowher with only one interview.

Umm, isn't that what happened with Nix...don't rule anything out with this franchise.

Typ0
01-07-2010, 08:00 PM
That's what I'm holding out hope for. That someone over at OBD hasn't totally lost touch with reality and realizes there will be an insurrection by the fans and the entire region of WNY if they hire a first time head coach after three interviews when the Bills are the only team with an available slot right now, and Bill Cowher is sitting out there wanting to coach, and been in dialogue with the Bills.

Well...I think a little different about that. i'm more concerned they care too much about an insurrection by fans and not enough about winning football games. I really could care less what the fans thing and neither should they I just want them to pick the guy that will bring in the most Ws. But we have guys right now that are so on the fence and we clearly don't have a QB. It feels like we really need someone with experience after the last decade but then again perhaps that would just be a stop gap measure and the team would ultimately underachieve under that person. Just pick the guy whose going to do us right Buddy...

patmoran2006
01-07-2010, 08:32 PM
Here is the video, if already posted in thread, sorry
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d81594b1e/Around-the-League

Slim
01-07-2010, 09:34 PM
Chris Brown just blogged about this...

X-Era
01-07-2010, 09:40 PM
http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/01/07/lombardi-bills-have-their-guy-in-mind/

Maybe we wont hear anything until early next week.

Michael82
01-07-2010, 09:41 PM
http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/01/07/lombardi-bills-have-their-guy-in-mind/

Maybe we wont hear anything until early next week.

If it's Cowher, it will be announced on Monday. :pray:

Slim
01-07-2010, 09:42 PM
If it's Cowher, it will be announced on Monday. :pray:

I don't know how many more days i can take of non-Cowher news.

patmoran2006
01-07-2010, 09:47 PM
If Brown is priivy to these going-ons.. Then that doesnt sound like a Cohwer hire.

His quote
"First, the pick of Buddy Nix and Russ Brandon must get approval from Mr. Wilson, which usually involves a face-to-face meeting. Then they have to talk contract. There also could be the issue of the playoffs if the candidate is working for a playoff team."

If it's Cowher, they have BEEN talking contract, and I dont think he's creative enough to just tease about it being a playoff candidate.

patmoran2006
01-07-2010, 09:49 PM
If Brown is priivy to these going-ons.. Then that doesnt sound like a Cohwer hire.

His quote
"First, the pick of Buddy Nix and Russ Brandon must get approval from Mr. Wilson, which usually involves a face-to-face meeting. Then they have to talk contract. There also could be the issue of the playoffs if the candidate is working for a playoff team."

If it's Cowher, they have BEEN talking contract, and I dont think he's creative enough to just tease about it being a playoff candidate.

To be honest, that sounds an awful lot like Brian F'n Schottenheimer to me.

Dicknoze69
01-07-2010, 09:52 PM

His quote

I'd wager Cowher has approval of Ralph from the moment the job opened up. So that fulfills Brown's first statement. Then there's the contract issue. Lastly, Brown says there "could" be the issue of the playoffs. Not that there "is" the playoff issue, just could be the playoff issue...he's being very careful in what he writes here.

X-Era
01-07-2010, 09:54 PM
I'd wager Cowher has approval of Ralph from the moment the job opened up. So that fulfills Brown's first statement. Then there's the contract issue. Lastly, Brown says there "could" be the issue of the playoffs. Not that there "is" the playoff issue, just could be the playoff issue...he's being very careful in what he writes here.

They may wait until Monday just to let Cowher complete another week of CBS coverage.

Mudflap1
01-07-2010, 09:58 PM
Meh, this time I didn't read anything into what he said, either way. Sounded like typical Chris Brown "cover all bases and leave no tracks" language to me. Pretty standard stuff.

Dicknoze69
01-07-2010, 09:59 PM
Chris Brown also said:

"If Lombardi is right though this could be wrapped up by early next week."

If this is true, it rules out Frazier because the Vikings would be getting ready for their 2nd round game.

Michael82
01-07-2010, 10:10 PM
Chris Brown also said:

If this is true, it rules out Frazier because the Vikings would be getting ready for their 2nd round game.

Good point! That definitely rules him out. :up:

ct bills fan
01-07-2010, 10:20 PM
I don't know where Brian Schotty speculations comes from? Bills haven't contacted him and he's been less than good as OC here (I live in the nyc area). He screwed up the Favre thing last year and hasn't been great with Sanchez either. Don't forget when the Bills beat the Jets in NY - Jones was killing the Bills on the ground, yet *****ty continued to call pass plays (and interceptions). Schotty is the last guy we'll hire.

X-Era
01-07-2010, 10:26 PM
Theres a new rumor, head over to the official rumor thread.

Northern Stampede
01-08-2010, 03:32 AM
Maby the playoff issue at question is Bill Cowher's analyst committment for playoff coverage.....lol...

Typ0
01-08-2010, 06:16 AM
Chris Brown also said:

Why couldn't they hire someone whose coaching in the playoffs?

Typ0
01-08-2010, 06:17 AM
I don't know where Brian Schotty speculations comes from? Bills haven't contacted him and he's been less than good as OC here (I live in the nyc area). He screwed up the Favre thing last year and hasn't been great with Sanchez either. Don't forget when the Bills beat the Jets in NY - Jones was killing the Bills on the ground, yet *****ty continued to call pass plays (and interceptions). Schotty is the last guy we'll hire.

Favre never wanted to play in NY. No one screwed that up his heart just wasn't in being there.