PDA

View Full Version : We're used to this...

cocamide
01-07-2010, 06:34 PM
I've held out hope over the past few weeks that we'd somehow be able to land Cowher. My optimistic, homeristic, unrealistic side believes that we'll get him. Just like I was optimistic that we'd be fine at the beginning of this year with a rookie offensive line, just like I thought there was no way we could lose to Dallas on MNF a few years ago, and just like I didn't think we could possibly blow the game against the Patsies this year.

However, the realistic, been-there-before, pessimistic side of me knew that our offense would struggle this year and that we'd find some way to blow the Dallas and Patsy games. As much as I want to believe that we're going to get Cowher, I still know in the back of my mind that we'll go the route of an unaccomplished assistant. Despite preparing myself for dissappointment, it's still going to hurt a lot when we find that Cowher isn't our coach. You would think by now that I would be numb to the Bills' dissapointments. But after all the heartache, I (and most of you) still care enough that it still hurts when we're screwed over by our favorite sports team. I guess that's what it means to be a die-hard fan.

ddaryl
01-07-2010, 06:55 PM
oh ye of little faith

we're finally going to right this ship... 2010 is a new decade, and 2000-2009 can be forgotten

cocamide
01-07-2010, 06:58 PM
I really hope I'm wrong too.

cocamide
01-19-2010, 10:01 AM
Well, I guess I was wrong. It wasn't an unaccomplished assistant. The hiring of someone other than Cowher doesn't hurt as much as I thought it would though. I guess I'm finally numb to it all.

ddaryl
01-19-2010, 10:05 AM
LOL!... reading my reply shows you how insanely delussional I am

cocamide
01-19-2010, 12:16 PM
LOL!... reading my reply shows you how insanely delussional I am

That's the absolute worst part about the Bills! They make us think something good is going to happen, and then BAM: smacked right in the nuts! I think it'd be much easier if we just sucked all the time and got blown out every game. At least then we would have completely low expectations. But we like to stay close in games, not get mathematically eliminated from the playoffs until the last few weeks of the season, and come within one point of winning a Super Bowl. If the trajectory of a stupid f***ing kick had been changed just two degrees to the left, we would have been world champs!