• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Trust Tim Graham

Any speculation of the Buffalo Bills' timetable in pinpointing a new head coach would be a guesstimate.But nothing will happen until owner Ralph Wilson gives his blessing.

"I think Buddy has a couple more candidates he wants to interview," Wooten said. "He'll decide on one or two guys he feels good about, and then those guys will have an opportunity to meet with Mr. Wilson and go from there."
    While that's good in the sense that Frazier was definitely hired today (doesn't mean he won't be )

NO mention of Cowher at all has me a little worried.

I'm going to email Tim, I trust him more than anyone in the media, and I"ll ask him if Cowher is a "realistic possibility" like Marty S. said

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • Slim
    • Apr 2004

Re: Trust Tim Graham

Ugh. Just sign Cowher so I can get on with my life.

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Slim
      Ugh. Just sign Cowher so I can get on with my life.
      EXACTLY!

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
        The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
        • Feb 2005

wtf... did the bills meet with cowher today or freaking not?
        In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• homeslice5484
          • Jul 2008

I have a feeling season ticket sales are going to drop.

Comment

• Nighthawk
            Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by homeslice5484
            I have a feeling season ticket sales are going to drop.
            I hope so...continuing to support the mediocrity only fuels the mediocrity. It sucks, but it's true.

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by keithtr
              wtf... did the bills meet with cowher today or freaking not?
              No. They met with Frazier. It's rumored that they met with Cowher yesterday.

Comment

• buffalopowereye
                • Sep 2009

The subject of Graham's interview was the Fritz Pollard guy. I don't put much stock in this, b/c there's no way that Nix or anybody sane would confirm the Bills' interest in Cowher to the FP guy immediately after interviewing LF. It could make the LF interview look like a "token" meeting (which it's obviously not).

Here's why the Cowher thing works from the Bills perspective. Nobody has mentioned this thus far.

Ralph is old, he may be senile, but he's not a dummy. Ted Rogers just paid him about $80M for the privilege of allowing Ralph to attempt to grow Ralph's business in Toronto and bringing TO within the Bills' territorial zone and guaranteeing that it will cost Rogers or anyone like-minded around a cool $1B to bring an NFL team other than Ralph's there.

Cowher will make Ralph money--at the gate, in the club seats and suites (maybe TO will care about the Bills if Cowher is hired) and, most importantly, in terms of the value of the franchise. If signing Cowher for $40m over 5 years causes the value of Ralph's franchise to rise just 1% per year over the same period, Ralph or his heirs will make a cool (approx.) $40M on that signing alone. Just as importantly, it makes the Bills that much more attractive to the folks (from TO, LA or the Delaware Park area) who will bid on it once Ralph passes--which will probably be within the life of any contract Cohwer signs with the Bills.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
                  • Feb 2005

BUT COWER DOES NOT WANT TO COME HERE! THATS WHAT IT ALL COMES DOWN TO. NO MONEY ISSUE, NO ANY ISSUE OTHER THEN COWER JUST PLAIN OLD DOES NOT WANT TO BE IN BUFFALO AND NOTHING IS GOING TO CHANGE THAT.

THIS MAKES ME SICK
                  In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• buffalopowereye
                    • Sep 2009

How do you know? I'm just telling you why this works from the Bills' perspective. They should offer the guy a million dollars a month to coach here - they'll still make money. It's an absolute no brainer to hire a guy like that than to cheap out with a Brian Schottenheimer, Ron Rivera, Leslie Frazier etc.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
                      • Feb 2005

IT DOES NOT MATTER HOW MUCH THEY THROW AT HIM IF HE SIMPLY DOES NOT WANT TO BE HERE.

WHATS NOT TO KNKOW? AFTER READING THIS BOARD FOR THE LAST WEEK IT IS OBVIOUS THAT THE BILLS ARE TRYING AND COWHER IS JUST NOT GOING TO DO IT. WHY SHOULD HE? HE DOES NOT NEED THE MONEY... MANS A FREAKIN MILLIONAIR ALREADY AND WILL BE AGAIN CAUSE HE WILL BE JUST AS HOT NEXT YEAR AND IF DALLAS LOOSES SATURDAY THEN HE'LL TAKE THE DALLAS JOB

ALL THIS TALK OF HIM BEING A BLUE COLLAR GUY IS BS.. HE HAS TASTED THE GOOD LIFE AND HES NOT GOING BACK TO THE SLUMS

I AM SICK

Comment

• Nighthawk
                        Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                        • Jul 2002

IT DOES NOT MATTER HOW MUCH THEY THROW AT HIM IF HE SIMPLY DOES NOT WANT TO BE HERE.

WHATS NOT TO KNKOW? AFTER READING THIS BOARD FOR THE LAST WEEK IT IS OBVIOUS THAT THE BILLS ARE TRYING AND COWHER IS JUST NOT GOING TO DO IT. WHY SHOULD HE? HE DOES NOT NEED THE MONEY... MANS A FREAKIN MILLIONAIR ALREADY AND WILL BE AGAIN CAUSE HE WILL BE JUST AS HOT NEXT YEAR AND IF DALLAS LOOSES SATURDAY THEN HE'LL TAKE THE DALLAS JOB

ALL THIS TALK OF HIM BEING A BLUE COLLAR GUY IS BS.. HE HAS TASTED THE GOOD LIFE AND HES NOT GOING BACK TO THE SLUMS

I AM SICK
                        Stop yelling...geesh.

Comment

• buffalopowereye
                          • Sep 2009

All of what you said may or may not be true. You have no idea whether any of it is true, just like 99% of the people who post and read on this board have no clue what's going to happen with this thing. The money the Bills are (allegedly) talking about and the money I mentioned in my post is, however, GENERATIONAL. In other words, $1M per year is nice, but it doesn't grow a tremendous fortune to leave to the kids (I sound elitist when I say that, and I neither have nor come from money, but it's true). The kind of money we're talking about is the type of money someone can pass on for generations. So chill. Appreciate the fact that the Bills have a lot of really good reasons to try to make this happen. Appreciate that everyone has a price. Appreciate that it might NOT happen. And definitely learn to use your CAPS lock button.

Comment

• hydro
                            • Oct 2005

I AM SICK
                            You need a break from this place badly...
                            BERNIAC!

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
                              • Feb 2005

sorry

Comment

Working...
                              X