baalworship
01-07-2010, 09:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzmyLjXUS38

Buffalogic
01-07-2010, 09:28 PM
Wow

NOT THE DUDE...
just what we need another dungy or dick....

i want an ****ing ******* for a head coach!!!!!!!

Dying_-2-_Live
He seems like a great guy... but hes very quite and reserved.. sound familiar?

NOT THE DUDE...
01-07-2010, 09:30 PM
we dont need a chriatian zealot on this team, please no!!!!!!!

elltrain22
01-07-2010, 09:31 PM
Still want Cowher, but thats pretty cool stuff!! Very good to hear him have such strong faith. His demeanor is very similar to Tony Dungy.

Zero
01-07-2010, 09:34 PM
He seems like a great guy... but hes very quite and reserved.. sound familiar?

Yeah it does. Most teams tend to hire coaches with the opposing disposition as the preceding coach. Which is why we need Cowher more than anything. Someone with a strong , type-A personality.

Oaf
01-07-2010, 09:34 PM
I got no problem with a real follower of Christ coaching the team. If it's his time, so be it- it'll be for a reason.

Mudflap1
01-07-2010, 09:37 PM
Look, the Bills have been down the path plenty of times with first time and unproven head coaches. Been there done that. I want Bill Cowher, we all want Bill Cowher. If the Bills exhaust every effort to land Cowher and fail, and there are no good proven candidates available for the job, then if Frazier is the most qualified left, it is what it is. But he's not my first choice. I think he is qualified, and I think he might make a good coach for somebody. I totally appreciate him being a man of faith. But the Bills need to make a major move at this point in time, this franchise has suffered long enough. They need Cowher.

baalworship
01-07-2010, 09:39 PM
This Bills team doesn't need prayer groups and Bible study. It needs a swift kick in the butt and a military style training camp where the weak are crushed and thrown aside.

Oaf
01-07-2010, 09:45 PM
This Bills team doesn't need prayer groups and Bible study. It needs a swift kick in the butt and a military style training camp where the weak are crushed and thrown aside. http://cdn.cloudfiles.mosso.com/c117812/media_center/images/rendered/blog/wysiwyg/Gregg-Williams-3153.jpg

:idunno:

Besides, don't you think this team NEEDS divine intervention to make the playoffs? :snicker:

Mudflap1
01-07-2010, 09:47 PM
http://cdn.cloudfiles.mosso.com/c117812/media_center/images/rendered/blog/wysiwyg/Gregg-Williams-3153.jpg

:idunno:

Besides, don't you think this team NEEDS divine intervention to make the playoffs? :snicker:

Exactly, this team needs a really, really good head coach. Maybe Frazier is one of those, but we know Cowher already is a proven commodity.

TigerJ
This Bills team doesn't need prayer groups and Bible study. It needs a swift kick in the butt and a military style training camp where the weak are crushed and thrown aside.You sound like some folks in my church.

MidnightVoice
The last thing I want is a coach who believes in turning the other cheek, and that the meek will inherit the superbowl

Mudflap1
01-07-2010, 09:48 PM
The last thing I want is a coach who believes in turning the other cheek, and that the meek will inherit the superbowl

Why says Frazier is like that? Tony Dungy sure wasn't.

HHURRICANE
01-07-2010, 09:49 PM
I'd rather have a guy who does everything to win and thanks jc after the fact.

Oaf
01-07-2010, 09:53 PM
Exactly, this team needs a really, really good head coach. Maybe Frazier is one of those, but we know Cowher already is a proven commodity.
Can't argue with that!

Philagape
01-07-2010, 09:59 PM
just what we need another dungy or dick....

i want an ****ing ******* for a head coach!!!!!!!

Yeah we better not get another Dungy!!!!! That would be horrible!

Kenny
01-07-2010, 10:00 PM
We need someone that will bring toughness to this team. I dont want to see players on the field celebrating after making routine plays in a losing effort anymore, and I sure as hell dont want to see players smiling and laughing it up after getting humiliated.
I want to see a new philosphy for the Bills... not just a bunch of players out there who want to win, -but a bunch of players out there who want to destroy the opposing team.

If you think another Dick or Dungy is going to do the trick, -you're sorely mistaken. I am 100% against Frazier.

If we tried our best to get Cowher, and it doesnt work, than so be it. But I still want a guy with the same tough, 'I dont take ****' type of attitude for a coach.

jpdex12
01-07-2010, 10:01 PM
not another pussy for a coach...how can you as a player in a violent sport get amped up when your leader is as exciting as watching paint dry?

Mudflap1
01-07-2010, 10:03 PM
not another pussy for a coach...how can you as a player in a violent sport get amped up when your leader is as exciting as watching paint dry?

Look, I want Cowher. But Frazier was cut from the Dungy cloth. Dungy obviously was a great coach. So it's possible.

Ingtar33
01-07-2010, 10:13 PM
Look, I want Cowher. But Frazier was cut from the Dungy cloth. Dungy obviously was a great coach. So it's possible.

why? because he's black, DC of the Vikings and believes in god?

Dungy was a superior DC in every way to Frazier (his defenses finished ranked 1st in the league)... hell, Fewell is probably a better DC then Frazier.

no more mediocre crap please.

Mudflap1
01-07-2010, 10:17 PM
why? because he's black and believes in god?

Dungy was a superior DC in every way to Frazier... hell, Fewell is probably a better DC then Frazier.

Again, I want Cowher.

But no, he's not like Dungy because he's black and believes in God. He's like Dungy because he worked for him, he's a DC that runs a hybrid Cover 2, he's a man of faith, and Dungy endorses him.

Look up Dungy's stats as DC in Pittsburgh and Kansas City, then Minnesota. He wasn't unbelievable, dominating the league in defense every year either. But he was a great head coach and leader of men. I'm just saying, there's no reason to diss the guy because he is a Christian. Dungy had a similar background at a similar point in his career, and he turned out great.

That being said, I want Cowher.

HopefulBillsFan
01-07-2010, 10:18 PM
Like others have stated.. any calm coach is going to remind us of Jauron. We need a change.

jpdex12
01-07-2010, 10:25 PM
Like others have stated.. any calm coach is going to remind us of Jauron. We need a change.

Nail on the head! I just can't take the quiet, reserved, politically correct speaking, monotone, uninspiring tell ya what you want to hear coach anymopre. I want someone with some fire in their gut! Someone who I would run through a wall for and that is going to fight with me.

Dungy didn't do **** until he coached an impressively assembled team by Bill Polian.

WeAreArthurMoates
01-07-2010, 10:25 PM

Dungy was a superior DC in every way to Frazier (his defenses finished ranked 1st in the league)... hell, Fewell is probably a better DC then Frazier.

Bull****, Fewell can't wear his Jock. Every defense he's coached was better than the previous, including the year Tomlin left. He actually has his D play extremely stout run d, they play more two gaps on the line. there linebackers and DB's don't over pursue and allow huge chunks of yards. And all these reports of him having a bad pass D is bunk, his first year was bad but in term they gave up under 75 yards rushing. The last two years he's finished 18 and 19.

Mudflap1
01-07-2010, 10:28 PM
Nail on the head! I just can't take the quiet, reserved, politically correct speaking, monotone, uninspiring tell ya what you want to hear coach anymopre. I want someone with some fire in their gut! Someone who I would run through a wall for and that is going to fight with me.

Dungy didn't do **** until he coached an impressively assembled team by Bill Polian.

Really, so the Bucs going from 20 years of being in the toilet to NFC Championship and perennial playoffs w/ top notch defense is no accomplishment?

jimbohastle51
01-07-2010, 10:28 PM
while everyone has there own "opinions" about christ, who give a flying #@%$ about christ in football?!? we just had a coach that wanted nothing but "smart high character football players" and how did that turn out? leslie frazier hasnt done anything to deserve a head coaching job, and if you guys want to blow him up because of a couple top 10 defenses with a pro bowl defensive unit that is ridiculous. he was a looser and was FIRED in cincy as D coordinator and hasnt EVER head head coaching experience. whats done is done, but i stand by what i said, i will not put another dollar of my money into buffalo bills football nor airfare and game tickets to see them play anymore, nor will i make them a sunday afternoon priority if he is hired. i do not care if we traded up and drafted Suh and traded for McNabb, i am done, i can catch the occasional game on the tv/internet to watch them loose or see a highlight but this has gotten ridiculous when we can say to a coach we will give you 7 million dollars to coach our team and they have to think about it. and if we didnt offer it to him than we are as sad as i think we are. leslie frazier! we are going to have african american jesus in western NY heading the christian Bills, just great! and i suppose after every loss we will have to hear BS about having faith in god and it will come and yada yada, its sad that he is even a candidate.

jimbohastle51
01-07-2010, 10:30 PM
and seriously again, before i see another post about fraziers D i want you to go to the minnisota Vikings roster page and look at the defense. any of us could be handed a playbook and look good coaching that D.

Bmax
01-07-2010, 10:33 PM
A man who loves God who wants to be like Christ is no wimp... This should be about what kind of leader he will be....I think we can expect some one who will expect excellence from his players and lead with integrity...Someone who will challenge his men to be leaders on and off the field.

Bmax

If he is like Dungy i will be happy I will take those playoff wins and Superbowl championship any day...

Ingtar33
01-07-2010, 10:44 PM
Bull****, Fewell can't wear his Jock. Every defense he's coached was better than the previous, including the year Tomlin left. He actually has his D play extremely stout run d, they play more two gaps on the line. there linebackers and DB's don't over pursue and allow huge chunks of yards. And all these reports of him having a bad pass D is bunk, his first year was bad but in term they gave up under 75 yards rushing. The last two years he's finished 18 and 19.

wow.. that's some revisionist history there.

that's a Vikings defense which was no.1 in run defense for years before he joined that team. He has 5 probowlers on the defense.

FIVE

his defense gave up 14 less points then ours did this year. 19.5 ppg vs 20.4
his defense gave up 35 yards per game less then we did. 305.5 to 340.6

explain to me how this is possible when Minnesota was 2nd in the NFL in time of possession, meaning his defense faced far less plays then ours?

Fewell had 2 probowlers on his roster (Schobel, Byrd), one not even a current probowler... and managed far more then Frazier managed.

cpearl
01-07-2010, 10:54 PM
Tony Dungy's faith won him a Super Bowl. If by "faith" you mean Payton Manning.

Oaf
01-07-2010, 11:02 PM
Whether you believe in his divinity, you can't dispute the absolute effectiveness he had as a leader on earth. You also cannot claim he was some namby-pamby Kumbayah guy either. He fiercely ridiculed many political figures and religious figures and who can remember the temple courts scene? Jesus brings the heat!

http://brucemulkey.com/wp-content/jesus-money-changers-temple2.jpg

Anyways, a man that is closer to emulating Christ's actions on earth than the that of another, in my books, is closer to exceptional leadership and that's something the team needs, whether it be "drill sargent" or not. However, like Mudflap stated, Cowher is a proven commodity, Frazier is not.

Should Frazier be hired, it will be according to plan and yes, many Bills fans may call it quits. We'll see how long it lasts if Frazier wins even a few of the first games.

PECKERWOOD
01-07-2010, 11:11 PM
Tony Dungy's faith won him a Super Bowl. If by "faith" you mean Payton Manning.

Christian or not, I don't care who you are, that's effin hilarious.

plundar
01-08-2010, 12:07 AM
I respect him being a God fearing man but, I will vomit if he is named the Bills HC. If we have to go with a first time HC I think Rivera is the way to go.

Night Train
01-08-2010, 05:17 AM
I'm a religious sort myself and spend 2-3 hours each Sunday morning at my Church...but fail to see how smashing a QB into the turf exemplifies Christ. :father:

jamze132
01-08-2010, 06:17 AM
Sorry but if an opposing team takes a cheap shot on one of our players, I really don't want our HC telling his players to forgive and forget. **** that, it's football
mother****ers!

imbondz
01-08-2010, 06:48 AM
Don't we want God's favor! Frazier just moved up my list by saying that. It takes humility, leadership, courage and strength to follow Christ.

Luisito23
01-08-2010, 06:52 AM
Don't we want God's favor! Frazier just moved up my list by saying that. It takes humility, leadership, courage and strength to follow Christ.

Good post!

Luisito23
01-08-2010, 06:56 AM
If it's meant to be it's going to happen no matter what...I still want Cowher and think he's the most qualified person for this job, but I will no longer keep badmouthing Frazier, and I will support him if he ends up being our new coach.

Jan Reimers
01-08-2010, 07:44 AM
we dont need a chriatian zealot on this team, please no!!!!!!!
What does a man's religion have to do with his ability to coach? Tony Dunghy, an avowed Christian, has done pretty well over the years.

I can't understand how so many posters on here get invested in one or two guys, to the point where every other option is met with hate and derision.

Ickybaluky
01-08-2010, 08:11 AM
What does a man's religion have to do with his ability to coach? Tony Dunghy, an avowed Christian, has done pretty well over the years.

I can't understand how so many posters on here get invested in one or two guys, to the point where every other option is met with hate and derision.

The funny part is Vince Lombardi was as devout as anyone. He went to a catholic school (Cathedral College of the Immaculate Conception), enrolling in a 6-year program to become a priest. His love for football led him down a different path, and he left the program after two years. He went to a Jesuit college (Fordham) that required regular mass and retreats. He stayed devout throughout his life, though, going to mass daily.

Tom Landry is another that was about as big a bible thumper as you could find. Landry was one of the most active members of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes and led regular bible studies with the Cowboys.

This is really the most important factor in my life, my faith in Jesus Christ. When you accept Christ, He becomes first in your life. It's this priority that gives me peace.

Seriously, I don't know if the guy is head coach material or not, and the Bills need a more established person to get people juiced, but whether he is a Christian or not really isn't a factor.

DraftBoy
01-08-2010, 08:11 AM
What do you expect Jan?

This is what the fan base has become. Most of this is the Bills doing though.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-08-2010, 08:14 AM
all of those wimp coaches had great talent, jaroun could have been their coach and they would still be good, we have to start from the ground up like the cowboys did in 89. we need a ****ing hyper ******* for a hc, not a christian zealot...please.............

Mahdi
01-08-2010, 08:15 AM

Thank you.

It's as if we look for mediocrity so we can support it.

Frazier has NEVER had a top ranked defense overall. He has a good run defense because the Bills shipped Pat Williams over to him, that's it.

SABURZFAN
01-08-2010, 08:17 AM
i don't want a bible thumper as a HC.

Tailspin
01-08-2010, 08:19 AM
I personally don't want Frazier but I would never criticize the man for his Christianity.

Jeff1220
01-08-2010, 08:20 AM
all of those wimp coaches had great talent, jaroun could have been their coach and they would still be good, we have to start from the ground up like the cowboys did in 89. we need a ****ing hyper ******* for a hc, not a christian zealot...please.............

Wimp coaches? It takes a stronger man to control his temper. And I'll bet Tony Dungy could kick your ass too.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-08-2010, 08:20 AM
next thing we know frazier drafts tebow , then he convinces ralph to sell the team to his church and then the whole team becomes zealots worshiping sky daddy.... give me a break

soon enough the team is in africa preaching the sinfulness of condom use....

Mahdi
01-08-2010, 08:21 AM

No one hates Frazier,

Personally, I don't mind us going after a hot Coordinator if we can't land Cowher or Schott but I'm not going to justify the hiring of a Coordinator who has proven NOTHING in the league.

If we go after a Coordinator I want a guy who is a proven play-caller and schemer that can establish his brand of football for the Bills.

Rex Ryan was a proven player caller with a proven scheme and the Jets improved with him there because he was one of the main reasons the Ravens had stellar defense year in and year out.

Frazier has nothing to stake a claim to, NOTHING.

All I keep hearing is "Well he is well respected around the league," Ya, so was Jauron, in fact I think all I heard about Jauron was how well respected he was.

Saratoga Slim
01-08-2010, 08:54 AM
Mike Singletary is an ordained minister. Think he's a pansy?

Frazier played defense for the '85 Bears. I don't think anyone has to worry that he's "meek" just because he has a strong faith (which he may or may not have exxagerated because he was speaking in the context of an interview to the Fellowship of Christian Athletes). That doesn't mean he's the right coach, but it's sure as hell not a reason that he isn't.

Mr Hotstepper
01-08-2010, 09:31 AM
I think he got halfway through his first sentence and I knew I didn't want him as coach. I don't want to watch his press conferences. This team will go 5-11 next year with some mellow Jauron clone as coach.