PDA

View Full Version : Preview and Predictions for Sunday's Wild Card Games

BlackMetalNinja
01-08-2010, 07:14 AM
I just posted my preview for both of the Sunday Wild Card games over at D and S Sports, check it out if you're so inclined... You can also read about Saturday's games with Devin's preview while you're there.

http://www.dandssports.com/2010/01/nfl-wild-card-sunday-preview-and.html

The Baltimore Ravens were in complete control of their fate last Sunday and took advantage of the fact by easily handling the Oakland Raiders to earn their way into the playoffs. The Ravens wound up at 9-7 on the year and took an interesting route to get there. Early in the year, the Ravens didn't really resemble years past as they took to the air on offense. Joe Flacco had 3 games with 300+ yards passing in the first 6 weeks of the season and earned his way into the starting lineup of fantasy teams everywhere. During that stretch, the Ravens won their first 3 games, but dropped the next 3 against opponents that all went on to make the playoffs. In fact, it's that second point that has me concerned going into this game. Against teams that went on to make the playoffs, the Ravens went 1-7, with the lone win coming against San Diego in Week 2. While that win might qualify as impressive, I'd also consider that the Chargers struggled a bit the first few weeks before becoming the hottest team in the league down the stretch. The winning percentage of the teams they did beat was well below .500. This screams to me that the Ravens can't handle the tougher competition and could be in some trouble come Sunday.

BuffaloBlitz83
01-08-2010, 07:22 AM
I got philly, cincy, balt., gb

RockStar36
01-08-2010, 07:38 AM
I got philly, cincy, balt., gb

Are you picking straight up or with the spread?

tampabay25690
01-08-2010, 08:00 AM
I like

New England
CINCI
PHILI
Green BAY

All against the spread..