• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Italian Stallion
    Knows More Than You
    • Feb 2004

Ronaldo McClain

Watching this guy again last night makes me really want him with that 9th overall pick. To me he seems like the surest thing for such a high selection with that much money tied to it.

First of all he's huge (6'4 250), extremely quick with excellent lateral movement and just hits like a ton of bricks. This is EXACTLY the type of player our front 7 has been lacking.

I understand we need a QB and OT for sure, but with high picks in every round and some sort of Free Agency period (capped or un capped) hopefully Nix can make the necessary moves to address those needs.

I'm thinking McClain at #9 then take the best available QB or OT in the second round?

BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes
  • jamze132
    Don’t hate…
    • Jun 2003

Re: Ronaldo McClain

I don't know **** about the players so I won't make a comment.

Comment

• elltrain22
      • Sep 2003

Watching him last night, the Florida game, the Auburn game, the LSU game, etc, etc..... The kid can play, and I'd love it if we drafted him.
      If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• ZAZusmc03
        • Jan 2010

I've been saying this all season. The kid is a freak of nature. He was born to be a great linebacker. I would love to see him wearing a bills jersey next season.

Comment

• Italian Stallion
          Knows More Than You
          • Feb 2004

Anyone who hasn't seen this kid play, do some youtube searching...outstanding prospect
          BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

how does he compare to patrick willis?
            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
              • Jul 2005

he does seem like a zero risk player. He has the size, speed, and athleticism.....has played at the highest level....and is from all accounts a total student of the game and workaholic. The commentators last night were talking about how he was like having the defensive coordinator on the field.

that said, it's kind of hard to say what our pick should be without having any idea who the new coach is, what the scheme will be, and who we are able to bring in via FA.

For now, I'll say that he surely wouldn't be a disappointing pick. But there usually seem to be better options at LB in free agency than OT or QB. So it's hard to say that he'd be the best pick at this point.
              Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Tatonka
                From what I saw he's not quite as fast as Willis, and not as good in coverage, but he's no slouch at either by anymeans. He also reads the plays VERY well and is VERY instinctive.

After last night, I highly endorse him at #9. Very impressed.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                  Hall of Fame Zoner
                  • Jan 2010

the 3 player i would target are buluga price and mcclain. brian price would make the most sense since we 32nd in rush def... but i have no problem with the mcclain pick......

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                    Hall of Fame Zoner
                    • Jan 2010

he reminds me of a more athletic pepper johnson or ken norton...

Comment

• ZAZusmc03
                      • Jan 2010

I think he would be the best and safest pick for us there at #9 Pick. I am 100% certain he will start as a rookie and be the leading tackler for whichever team drafts him.

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
                        • Mar 2004

If we were to switch to a 3-4:

Maybin-Poz-McClain-FA(a very deep FA position this year too)

looks interesting.
                        Last edited by Canadian'eh!; 01-08-2010, 07:55 AM.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                          Extremely similar in all aspects.

McClain is a little bigger (6'4, 250 v. 6'2, 240)

Willis is faster (4.51 v. 4.60)

Both have intense styles of plays and finish tackles. Their technique is superb, and the breakdown and instincts are some of the best Ive seen in quite a while. The one thing though that sets them both apart imo, coming out of college is their ability to shed blocks. Routinely last night you saw McClain avoid a block or shed it and get to the ball carrier. Willis was similar in that regard.

Id say Willis is the more athletic player while McClain has better size.
                          COMING SOON...
                          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• tampabay25690
                            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Saratoga Slim
                            he does seem like a zero risk player. He has the size, speed, and athleticism.....has played at the highest level....and is from all accounts a total student of the game and workaholic. The commentators last night were talking about how he was like having the defensive coordinator on the field.

that said, it's kind of hard to say what our pick should be without having any idea who the new coach is, what the scheme will be, and who we are able to bring in via FA.

For now, I'll say that he surely wouldn't be a disappointing pick. But there usually seem to be better options at LB in free agency than OT or QB. So it's hard to say that he'd be the best pick at this point.
                            NICE post...
                            0 risk you are correct I have said for weeks this would be a great pick for the BILLS helps are Defense a great deal...
                            GO Gators!!!!!!
                            GO GATORS!!

Comment

• Night Train
                              Retired - On Several Levels
                              • Jul 2005

If the Bills select an OT, DL or McClain in Round 1, I would be extremely happy.
                              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

Working...
                              X