PDA

View Full Version : Zone Exclusive: Kevin Shenoy

northernbillfan
01-08-2010, 09:14 AM
For those of you who are new to the Zone here is this week's rantings and ramblings from one of the Zone's favourite writers Kevin Shenoy. His weekly article is called One Fan's View and here is the final installment of OFV for the 2009 season.

I see that the Bills could not resist to underwhelm us one last time in the 2000’s. Prior to playing the Colts, Buddy Nix was announced as GM on Thursday. I was heading out of the office on New Years Eve at 1pm, when the notice of a 2:30 press conference was announced.

I had to catch the Bolt Bus to Boston for New Year’s festivities with friends. Bolt is nice enough to provide free wireless on the bus. At least that’s what it says on website. What they don’t tell you is that if you connected with a 1400 Baud land line circa 1991, you’ve have connected faster.

Add on the fact that my stomach has the same durability of a 6 year old when it comes to motion sickness, I was torn. I had to read the details on who they were hiring, but 4+ hours of feeling nauseated? Was it worth it? Can I ever say no to Bills news?

There was literally no mention of GM talks the week prior. How did they find their GM so quickly? I thought, “perhaps it’s Modrak. Perhaps that signals that Cowher is coming.”

I got on the bus at 1:30 and was constantly checking updates on my phone. Friends were texting me, I was checking facebook status’s, I was on the Billszone message boards. It was chaos. By 1:50, my stomach flipped entirely. I was definitely going to boot, but through the same principles of Lamaze, I was fighting off the inevitable.

Full article (http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2010/01/08/one_fans_view_underwhemling_finish.php)

trapezeus
01-08-2010, 11:10 AM
i'm guessing the OFV segment takes back seat to cowher power mania.... I'm ok with that.

I think once all the dust settle after the new coach, i may write about how insane this week has been.

shelby
01-08-2010, 11:28 AM
Great read!

Demon
01-08-2010, 02:37 PM
Great read, thanks for sharing.

Cntrygal
01-08-2010, 03:00 PM
:up:

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-10-2010, 07:33 AM
:rofl: Great read! I liked the Perry interview and comparing it to American Idol.