PDA

View Full Version : how can this not be leaking?

trapezeus
01-08-2010, 12:14 PM
To just recap what is supposedly in the works and why i am stunned that the leaks aren't more detailed and from a ton of sources:

1. Bills contact Cowher, secretly - that i can believe happened without leaks. 3 bills representatives (nix, brandon,ralph?) cowher and his agent at max. 5 men in a room can keep their mouth shut.

2. Cowher is assembling a staff - i don't know what the typical staff size is, but if it's like 6-12 people. He has to ask those 6-12 people, and their families become aware. That's a huge multiplier, especially if kids are included. That's a bit harder to keep quiet. This should be a huge source of information.

3. Cowher talks to his buddies? - Schotty, dungy, are saying its a good fit. has he talked to them? His CBS pals have to be asking. if they have a scoop on it, that'd be a huge ratings boost, add crediblity to their connections and ability to break stories.

4. Inside sources - theses guys, presumably with the bills org, have found out through the grapevine in some manner, but have litreally only shared the news with a couple people? If the bills said, "be quiet about it or its your job," i definitely wouldn't go to joe logan and chat about it for eastaurora.org.

5. Cowher travel - how is this guy getting around without a single person not noticing? If its true, their are pilots, stewards, flight control people etc that have to have seen a fairly recognizable guy? Hotels? is he crashing at Russ Brandon's house? did schobel leave the key to his vacated home? Point is 90% of buffalo knows the deal with cowher. if he was in town, people would see him. i'm not even just relying on the friendly, all knowing limo driver.

My point to all this is that i'm flip-flopping on this constantly. One day i'm super big that it has to happen, other days i can't see it happening at all.

If stuff was really happening, there should be more legs to this story. There should be a lot more chatter, i feel like. more leaks from several angles. If the bills really have locked down the whole story, they should be in charge of area 51 and at least of who comes in and out of the white house security. they have quite a system.

zone
01-08-2010, 12:19 PM
The thing I am grasping on to is where there is smoke there is fire.

Until Bill Cowher himself says "I am not now or will ever be the next coach of the Buffalo Bills". Then I will hold out hope.

It's Cowher or bust at this point!

FlyingDutchman
01-08-2010, 12:20 PM
same boat man....i dont know what the eff to think anymore....just waiting now...

BigZ
01-08-2010, 12:20 PM
Infuriating isn't it.

TerrellOwensSharpie8
01-08-2010, 12:22 PM
OBD = Iron Clad

cpearl
01-08-2010, 12:56 PM
We know about it, right? So isn't it leaking?

Zero
01-08-2010, 12:56 PM
is the silence a good or bad sign? I tend to think it is the latter of the two.

trapezeus
01-08-2010, 12:59 PM
but the leaks have to be hitting mainstream media by now. they should have connections to the guys who have been asked to be on cowher's staff. even the buffalo news isn't leaking anything. they're just waiting.

it's kinda unbelievable that mainstream reporters aren't getting information...that sadly makes me a little skeptical.

Michael82
01-08-2010, 12:59 PM
is the silence a good or bad sign? I tend to think it is the latter of the two.

I used to think it was good news, now I think it's bad. To me, it's very obvious that the Bills are doing everything in their power to convince Bill Cowher to come to Buffalo, and are literally "begging" him. But he still won't give us an answer. It makes me think he wants to say yes, because he wants to coach...but his wife doesn't want to come here. She's trying to convince him to stay retire. :ill:

SABuffalo786
01-08-2010, 01:02 PM
I remember Coach Sal saying earlier in the week that his normally reliable sources @ OBD have ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING. OBD might be doing a hell of a shutdown job on any leaks from Orchard Park.

But I'm not sure if I agree with you on there not being any leaks. How many rumors have we dealt with the past week? Some of those are bull**** for sure but I'd be willing to wager that a good chunk of them have some element of truth - those are leaks.

RockStar36
01-08-2010, 01:02 PM
I used to think it was good news, now I think it's bad. To me, it's very obvious that the Bills are doing everything in their power to convince Bill Cowher to come to Buffalo, and are literally "begging" him. But he still won't give us an answer. It makes me think he wants to say yes, because he wants to coach...but his wife doesn't want to come here. She's trying to convince him to stay retire. :ill:

How do you know this?

Because some guy named Joe Logan from East Aurora wrote on his Twitter?

I think we're all getting carried away with this.

Mahdi
01-08-2010, 01:03 PM
To just recap what is supposedly in the works and why i am stunned that the leaks aren't more detailed and from a ton of sources:

1. Bills contact Cowher, secretly - that i can believe happened without leaks. 3 bills representatives (nix, brandon,ralph?) cowher and his agent at max. 5 men in a room can keep their mouth shut.

2. Cowher is assembling a staff - i don't know what the typical staff size is, but if it's like 6-12 people. He has to ask those 6-12 people, and their families become aware. That's a huge multiplier, especially if kids are included. That's a bit harder to keep quiet. This should be a huge source of information.

3. Cowher talks to his buddies? - Schotty, dungy, are saying its a good fit. has he talked to them? His CBS pals have to be asking. if they have a scoop on it, that'd be a huge ratings boost, add crediblity to their connections and ability to break stories.

4. Inside sources - theses guys, presumably with the bills org, have found out through the grapevine in some manner, but have litreally only shared the news with a couple people? If the bills said, "be quiet about it or its your job," i definitely wouldn't go to joe logan and chat about it for eastaurora.org.

5. Cowher travel - how is this guy getting around without a single person not noticing? If its true, their are pilots, stewards, flight control people etc that have to have seen a fairly recognizable guy? Hotels? is he crashing at Russ Brandon's house? did schobel leave the key to his vacated home? Point is 90% of buffalo knows the deal with cowher. if he was in town, people would see him. i'm not even just relying on the friendly, all knowing limo driver.

My point to all this is that i'm flip-flopping on this constantly. One day i'm super big that it has to happen, other days i can't see it happening at all.

If stuff was really happening, there should be more legs to this story. There should be a lot more chatter, i feel like. more leaks from several angles. If the bills really have locked down the whole story, they should be in charge of area 51 and at least of who comes in and out of the white house security. they have quite a system.
Thing is, Bill Cowher is not the one doing the travelling. The Bills are the ones meeting him wherever he wants assuming they are meeting him at all.

I doubt too many ppl will recognize Russ Brandon and Nix and they are probably flying on Ralph's jet.

Zero
01-08-2010, 01:05 PM
I remember Coach Sal saying earlier in the week that his normally reliable sources @ OBD have ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING. OBD might be doing a hell of a shutdown job on any leaks from Orchard Park.

But I'm not sure if I agree with you on there not being any leaks. How many rumors have we dealt with the past week? Some of those are bull**** for sure but I'd be willing to wager that a good chunk of them have some element of truth - those are leaks.

Maybe there is absolutely NO NEWS to report. There's no smoke where there is no fire. Could that be it?

DBrown77
01-08-2010, 01:07 PM

If stuff was really happening, there should be more legs to this story. There should be a lot more chatter, i feel like. more leaks from several angles. If the bills really have locked down the whole story, they should be in charge of area 51 and at least of who comes in and out of the white house security. they have quite a system. Its probably all false and thats why nothing is being leaked :doh:

SABuffalo786
It's certainly possible. I just think there's WAY too much noise coming every which direction for there not to have been anything going on.

TheBrownBear
Why hasn't Cowher just refuted the rumors? That's the big question that is fueling this thing. I don't put much stock in the Joe Logan stuff.

The most encouraging thing that's come out was Marty's comments. I doubt Marty would just make up some random BS about the situation if he hadn't talked with Cowher directly.

I agree, though. It's amazing that there hasn't been a "legitimate" media leak - either way.

trapezeus
01-08-2010, 01:08 PM
i get that it is leaking. i get that the bills could conceivably have issues with national media. but as cowher's circle expands to get coaches, those people have to eventually be like a degree or two removed from a national media person.

Even within OBD, they have to be getting ready to prepare the v-text announcing the coach. that has to go to a scrub tech guy. he has friends. he can be cool.

That's not happening. we're tracking flights and listening to hairdressers in a city 1 hour away from his home. that's kind of low lying fruit. logan has been the best guy, but no one seems to be able to give a separate account of this.

every rumor somehow comes back to Logan.

these are not good signs.

trapezeus
01-08-2010, 01:12 PM
Why hasn't Cowher just refuted the rumors? That's the big question that is fueling this thing. I don't put much stock in the Joe Logan stuff.

The most encouraging thing that's come out was Marty's comments. I doubt Marty would just make up some random BS about the situation if he hadn't talked with Cowher directly.

I agree, though. It's amazing that there hasn't been a "legitimate" media leak - either way.

well outside of buffalo fanatics like ourselves, you dont see this story going around too much. it doesn't lead off sportscenter, etc. So cowher might not know how crazy it truly is getting.

but like i said, part of me posts this thread and thinks, if stuff was close to be getting done, there'd be a million moving parts...and those parts would and should be willing to talk to standard big names. SO it's hard to believe Joe Logan is simply the dude with all the info.

but on the other hand, the bills would have to be the dumbest (and i mean dumber than usual) to let this thing get this big. their message board i hear reads like ours. tons of rumors out there. They have their finger on how large this story is getting with the very people who pay for the merchandise. if they don't bring in cowher and let it get this big, the mutiny will be unreal. the season tickets will have to stay flat, pricewise. the actual seats sold will definitely dip. It's guaranteed.

So which do the bills specialize in? breaking our hearts (like they've always done) or be PR and marketing savy (like they've always been in the Russ Brandon years?) This is an epic battle.

SABuffalo786
01-08-2010, 01:14 PM
I think we all need to remember that the season ended LESS THAN A WEEK ago. I know it feels like an eternity but we've barely finished a working week and we've gone from: "We're looking into Cowher" to Schottenheimer saying there's a pretty good chance it'll happen.

We're all suffering from information overload .

bflojohn
01-08-2010, 01:14 PM
The comment by Marty was the tipoff that I hang my hat on. That was as close to mainstream as there has been. Essentially, everything else has been noise!!

Liverpoolkev
01-08-2010, 01:42 PM
Remember how the media treated Ralph as the "old silly man" when he was one of two owners to reject the Collective Bargin Agreement. He had cut off all info to ESPN after that no more cabbies from Berman on draft day after that if you remember . Ralph can be very vindictive and I can see him making sure that none of the so called people Clayton,King , ESPN get any info from the Bills side ......heck look at what they are doing now ...........with the Buffalo is worst job a coach could want crap............................Just a thought