• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

how can this not be leaking?

To just recap what is supposedly in the works and why i am stunned that the leaks aren't more detailed and from a ton of sources:

1. Bills contact Cowher, secretly - that i can believe happened without leaks. 3 bills representatives (nix, brandon,ralph?) cowher and his agent at max. 5 men in a room can keep their mouth shut.

2. Cowher is assembling a staff - i don't know what the typical staff size is, but if it's like 6-12 people. He has to ask those 6-12 people, and their families become aware. That's a huge multiplier, especially if kids are included. That's a bit harder to keep quiet. This should be a huge source of information.

3. Cowher talks to his buddies? - Schotty, dungy, are saying its a good fit. has he talked to them? His CBS pals have to be asking. if they have a scoop on it, that'd be a huge ratings boost, add crediblity to their connections and ability to break stories.

4. Inside sources - theses guys, presumably with the bills org, have found out through the grapevine in some manner, but have litreally only shared the news with a couple people? If the bills said, "be quiet about it or its your job," i definitely wouldn't go to joe logan and chat about it for eastaurora.org.

5. Cowher travel - how is this guy getting around without a single person not noticing? If its true, their are pilots, stewards, flight control people etc that have to have seen a fairly recognizable guy? Hotels? is he crashing at Russ Brandon's house? did schobel leave the key to his vacated home? Point is 90% of buffalo knows the deal with cowher. if he was in town, people would see him. i'm not even just relying on the friendly, all knowing limo driver.

My point to all this is that i'm flip-flopping on this constantly. One day i'm super big that it has to happen, other days i can't see it happening at all.

If stuff was really happening, there should be more legs to this story. There should be a lot more chatter, i feel like. more leaks from several angles. If the bills really have locked down the whole story, they should be in charge of area 51 and at least of who comes in and out of the white house security. they have quite a system.
  • zone
    No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
    • Oct 2003

Re: how can this not be leaking?

The thing I am grasping on to is where there is smoke there is fire.

Until Bill Cowher himself says "I am not now or will ever be the next coach of the Buffalo Bills". Then I will hold out hope.

It's Cowher or bust at this point!
    www.blzbus.com

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
      • Apr 2005

same boat man....i dont know what the eff to think anymore....just waiting now...

Comment

• BigZ
        • Sep 2003

Infuriating isn't it.

Comment

• TerrellOwensSharpie8
          • Jan 2010

OBD = Iron Clad

Comment

• cpearl
            • Mar 2005

We know about it, right? So isn't it leaking?

Comment

• Zero
              Primary Objective: Buffalo Bills- Super Bowl Champs
              • Oct 2004

is the silence a good or bad sign? I tend to think it is the latter of the two.

Comment

• trapezeus
                Legendary Zoner
                • Oct 2004

but the leaks have to be hitting mainstream media by now. they should have connections to the guys who have been asked to be on cowher's staff. even the buffalo news isn't leaking anything. they're just waiting.

it's kinda unbelievable that mainstream reporters aren't getting information...that sadly makes me a little skeptical.

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jmtejada
                  is the silence a good or bad sign? I tend to think it is the latter of the two.
                  I used to think it was good news, now I think it's bad. To me, it's very obvious that the Bills are doing everything in their power to convince Bill Cowher to come to Buffalo, and are literally "begging" him. But he still won't give us an answer. It makes me think he wants to say yes, because he wants to coach...but his wife doesn't want to come here. She's trying to convince him to stay retire.

Comment

• SABuffalo786
                    • Feb 2003

I remember Coach Sal saying earlier in the week that his normally reliable sources @ OBD have ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING. OBD might be doing a hell of a shutdown job on any leaks from Orchard Park.

But I'm not sure if I agree with you on there not being any leaks. How many rumors have we dealt with the past week? Some of those are bull**** for sure but I'd be willing to wager that a good chunk of them have some element of truth - those are leaks.
                    "Do me a favor, say a prayer for brother Timmy. And tip a cold one. Go Bills." - Tom Brokaw

We are the Rockpile
                    We are the Rockpile
                    We are the Rockpile
                    BUFF-A-LO

Comment

• RockStar36
                      Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Mikey82
                      I used to think it was good news, now I think it's bad. To me, it's very obvious that the Bills are doing everything in their power to convince Bill Cowher to come to Buffalo, and are literally "begging" him. But he still won't give us an answer. It makes me think he wants to say yes, because he wants to coach...but his wife doesn't want to come here. She's trying to convince him to stay retire.
                      How do you know this?

Because some guy named Joe Logan from East Aurora wrote on his Twitter?

I think we're all getting carried away with this.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Mahdi
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by trapezeus
                        To just recap what is supposedly in the works and why i am stunned that the leaks aren't more detailed and from a ton of sources:

1. Bills contact Cowher, secretly - that i can believe happened without leaks. 3 bills representatives (nix, brandon,ralph?) cowher and his agent at max. 5 men in a room can keep their mouth shut.

2. Cowher is assembling a staff - i don't know what the typical staff size is, but if it's like 6-12 people. He has to ask those 6-12 people, and their families become aware. That's a huge multiplier, especially if kids are included. That's a bit harder to keep quiet. This should be a huge source of information.

3. Cowher talks to his buddies? - Schotty, dungy, are saying its a good fit. has he talked to them? His CBS pals have to be asking. if they have a scoop on it, that'd be a huge ratings boost, add crediblity to their connections and ability to break stories.

4. Inside sources - theses guys, presumably with the bills org, have found out through the grapevine in some manner, but have litreally only shared the news with a couple people? If the bills said, "be quiet about it or its your job," i definitely wouldn't go to joe logan and chat about it for eastaurora.org.

5. Cowher travel - how is this guy getting around without a single person not noticing? If its true, their are pilots, stewards, flight control people etc that have to have seen a fairly recognizable guy? Hotels? is he crashing at Russ Brandon's house? did schobel leave the key to his vacated home? Point is 90% of buffalo knows the deal with cowher. if he was in town, people would see him. i'm not even just relying on the friendly, all knowing limo driver.

My point to all this is that i'm flip-flopping on this constantly. One day i'm super big that it has to happen, other days i can't see it happening at all.

If stuff was really happening, there should be more legs to this story. There should be a lot more chatter, i feel like. more leaks from several angles. If the bills really have locked down the whole story, they should be in charge of area 51 and at least of who comes in and out of the white house security. they have quite a system.
                        Thing is, Bill Cowher is not the one doing the travelling. The Bills are the ones meeting him wherever he wants assuming they are meeting him at all.

I doubt too many ppl will recognize Russ Brandon and Nix and they are probably flying on Ralph's jet.

Comment

• Zero
                          Primary Objective: Buffalo Bills- Super Bowl Champs
                          • Oct 2004

Originally posted by SABuffalo786
                          I remember Coach Sal saying earlier in the week that his normally reliable sources @ OBD have ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING. OBD might be doing a hell of a shutdown job on any leaks from Orchard Park.

But I'm not sure if I agree with you on there not being any leaks. How many rumors have we dealt with the past week? Some of those are bull**** for sure but I'd be willing to wager that a good chunk of them have some element of truth - those are leaks.

Maybe there is absolutely NO NEWS to report. There's no smoke where there is no fire. Could that be it?

Comment

• DBrown77
                            Watching the Bills suck since 1999
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by trapezeus

Its probably all false and thats why nothing is being leaked

Comment

• SABuffalo786
                              • Feb 2003

It's certainly possible. I just think there's WAY too much noise coming every which direction for there not to have been anything going on.
                              "Do me a favor, say a prayer for brother Timmy. And tip a cold one. Go Bills." - Tom Brokaw

We are the Rockpile
                              We are the Rockpile
                              We are the Rockpile
                              BUFF-A-LO

Comment

Working...
                              X